Sven Botman

The Prophet

him and schar fucked up on the brighton goal mind.

we could see it coming from the gallowgate.

striker was unmarked in a massive space between the CB'S and shouting for the ball. easy pass.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

him and schar fucked up on the brighton goal mind.

we could see it coming from the gallowgate.

striker was unmarked in a massive space between the CB'S and shouting for the ball. easy pass.

Burn fucked up on that one, he would have been offside.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I thought Schar did the same thing with Welbeck often in the first half. 

brifhton have this tactic of overloading the middle. Striker drops deep.  Wingers invert.  Fullbacks push-up. So there’s 5-6 players up against a defensive line of 4/5.  

yeah, both CBs were following their striker into midfield. I think Howe looked at how Man Utd stopped them for inspiration, but obviously added some top pressing into the mix too.

Their goal came from us leaving a big gap there but it worked for the rest of the night, and if Burn was in line with Schar it wouldn’t have happened anyway.

11 minutes ago, Smal said:

yeah, both CBs were following their striker into midfield. I think Howe looked at how Man Utd stopped them for inspiration, but obviously added some top pressing into the mix too.

Their goal came from us leaving a big gap there but it worked for the rest of the night, and if Burn was in line with Schar it wouldn’t have happened anyway.

Aye the goal was just down to a Burn lapse in concentration which happens. 

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Really poor positioning from Schar for the goal as well like.

maybe I need to watch it again but I thought he was trying to play Undav offside. He probably should've seen Burn playing him on, like. 

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought Schar had a bit of a shaky game, but both CBs were being asked to do quite a complicated job.

tbf, he's been concussed for about 8 months now.

probably wont even remember this season, the handsome bastard.

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

??

He and Trippier were in a line playing the lad offside. Burn was sleeping - as he does.

The unwritten rule is that unless you're sure, stay with your man, it was so tight he should have covered the run in my opinion, and he was wrong side 

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

The unwritten rule is that unless you're sure, stay with your man, it was so tight he should have covered the run in my opinion, and he was wrong side 

I disagree with that. You are rarely going to be sure where your LB is if you play RCB.

If no attacker is near you and you are a fullback, you shouldn't be playing anyone onside.

The only way I would blame Schar is if he came charging out and nobody else followed. But it was just BDB sleeping again. He's prone to that. But was superb on the night otherwise.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

??

He and Trippier were in a line playing the lad offside. Burn was sleeping - as he does.

Aye, but you can't set an offside line if one of your fullbacks is sitting deep. Schar has to see that.

He was out of position and it's even worse if he tried to play their striker offside when he had a clear line of sight to Burn.

I love how Sven has bedded in. I remember at the beginning he was very steely eyed and business-like. 

However, every goal celebration he is right in the mix with the biggest grin and congratulating everyone. 

13 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, but you can't set an offside line if one of your fullbacks is sitting deep. Schar has to see that.

He was out of position and it's even worse if he tried to play their striker offside when he had a clear line of sight to Burn.

Burn barely kept the lad onside. It wasn’t obvious in the first replay. It wasn’t obvious to Schar. 

Just caught up with all the above talk regarding the Brighton goal. Incredibly harsh on them all 🙂 Thought it was a brilliant pass by the midfielder and perfectly timed run.

If there was any slight criticism you could maybe say once we’d caught up with the forward the defender and Pope could’ve  held him up better rather than making his mind up for him perhaps.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Just caught up with all the above talk regarding the Brighton goal. Incredibly harsh on them all 🙂 Thought it was a brilliant pass by the midfielder and perfectly timed run.

If there was any slight criticism you could maybe say once we’d caught up with the forward the defender and Pope could’ve  held him up better rather than making his mind up for him perhaps.

I'll chuck my two-penneth worth in.  Botman was drawn to the ball and left unnecessary space behind him.  Burn just played the lad on but pushing the blame onto him is extremely harsh.  Tbf all of our defence has been guilty of this over the last couple of months - it is almost as if none of them are aware that there is no pace in the back line to mop up if one of them is caught out.  Would love to see a LB and a RCB with some pace come in.