Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

exciting times - 2 transfer threads at the same time...........just need reports of meteorite strike imminent to balance the universe!

Just as well unlike Charnley the forum has the capacity to handle that.

Huge amount of intangibles involved for anyone to say what we should do next. Does he want to sign? Would he kick off if he doesn't get a move? How much coin do we have? Do we have other CB targets? Are Lille up for negotiating? Would 40m get him? 

The only ones who know are those involved directly. I've not seen him play but I've got no option but to trust those who have and are trying to buy him or others. 

Just now, midds said:

Huge amount of intangibles involved for anyone to say what we should do next. Does he want to sign? Would he kick off if he doesn't get a move? How much coin do we have? Do we have other CB targets? Are Lille up for negotiating? Would 40m get him? 

The only ones who know are those involved directly. I've not seen him play but I've got no option but to trust those who have and are trying to buy him or others. 

Well the coin to stay within FFP from what I read is 200M this window. Does he want to sign is the key. He can kick up a fuss if he thinks the offer is fair and clubs do not like having a pissed off player so we'll see.

YouTube scouting suggests that he's strong, uses his body really well to shield the ball, athletic, good touch, good with the ball at his feet, strong in the air, possibly not the fastest and maybe a bit too eager to make tackles when he could do a bit of shepherding.

Anyone on here who's seen more of him?

Edited by kisearch

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Naturally nervous about splashing out on a CB new to the Premier League although, admittedly, I can only think of Ake or Coady as realistic domestic signings.

What do you suppose the price on either would be? About the same as Botman?  Both are older.

22 minutes ago, midds said:

I took some joy in the fact Milan want him as they've become very data savvy of late.