Sven Botman

The Prophet

Botman injury is the worst possible injury for us right now, maybe except from Pope. Even the fact that he is a LCB instead of RCB is another thing that makes it even worse.

Ciaran Clark is available for free.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

According to suspect Tweets, he didn't have crutches or any strapping leaving the stadium.

Happy it’s only an ankle. Possibility that it was just painful twist and nothing broke.

4 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

He was fantastic today on the whole, until that mistake. Desperately need him to bounce back quickly from whatever injury that is.

Wasn't even a mistake just unlucky how the ball landed

It wasn't a mistake it was just a freak accident that the ball hit his arse then dropped onto his heal and landed at the feet of Nunez. Devine intervention for the favourite sons of Liverpool. But I thought he was immense. Burn was at fault for the second, stepped up and gave Nunez way too much space. 

37 minutes ago, Schecter said:

It wasn't a mistake it was just a freak accident that the ball hit his arse then dropped onto his heal and landed at the feet of Nunez. Devine intervention for the favourite sons of Liverpool. But I thought he was immense. Burn was at fault for the second, stepped up and gave Nunez way too much space. 

Bruno was at fault for the second giving the ball away.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Blaming Burn on the 2nd is fucking insanity :lol:

It's Bruno's fault and Bruno's alone. Burn cannot expect Bruno to fuck up and give the ball away.

I do think both things can be true. Burn stepped up trying for the offside but was way too late and ended up giving Nunez time and space to finish without pressure. 

I was at the match, didn't clock Burn when I saw it but watched it back and he gave him too much space. Not looking for an argument I pointed it out simply because I was speaking about Botman and Burn came in for him. Bruno fucked up too but I wasn't talking about him.

Edited by Schecter

Only thing I would have done is take off Joelinton for Wilson and dropped Isak behind Wilson. Dont need Joelinton when we have the extra man. Then bring off Isak once we had hopefully got the second goal. But onto the next one. 

1 minute ago, khay said:

Only thing I would have done is take off Joelinton for Wilson and dropped Isak behind Wilson. Dont need Joelinton when we have the extra man. Then bring off Isak once we had hopefully got the second goal. But onto the next one. 

Yeah with Liverpool down to 10 men I would have played the 2 strikers.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

It's an opportunity to bring in a CB who can cover both sides. If Botman is out for a month we need to act.

Burn or Lascelles at CB are not an option if we want to stay in it by end of September.

Don’t think we can bring in a unicorn tbh. Especially given our FFP limitations. 

36 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Why is Burn being written off at CB, is it because he is shite at offensive headers ?

I think the worst part of his game will be his pace, and also his movement re: nunez goal.

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

Blaming Burn on the 2nd is fucking insanity :lol:

It's Bruno's fault and Bruno's alone. Burn cannot expect Bruno to fuck up and give the ball away.

Both goals were a combination of errors, granted the first had a massive element of fortune about it.

45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Both goals were a combination of errors, granted the first had a massive element of fortune about it.

Nunez with his pace should not have been allowed any sniff of that much space to run into, especially when we were still a goal up playing against 10 men. Feels like we lost the plot a bit on the team shape for the last 20-30 mins.