Sven Botman

The Prophet

16 minutes ago, Nine said:

Yeah I think it could be a double edged sword really, do it early and the seller will bump the price as theres still loads of time or do it late and the seller will bump the price as theres not much time. 

The longer Botman and Ekitike drag on IF we finally sign either of them I think it will just feel like relief to most fans rather than satisfaction, we'll see alot of wanting one more big one in. From the outside looking in it seems like it would make sense all round to just pay up a few million extra for Botman and get him early for the squads sake as well as the fans, get him integrated in the side early as possible.. just not sure the people in charge will see it that way.

The problem is that once we're seen to be doing that, rather than sticking to our guns, every club is going to do the same thing Lille have done - keep bumping the price up because they know if we want the player badly enough (Wood, Botman) we'll eventually cave in.

The best thing we can do now is be consistent, show that we have our valuations and while there is obviously some flexibility/negotiation we aren't going to be pushed around.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

The problem is that once we're seen to be doing that, rather than sticking to our guns, every club is going to do the same thing Lille have done - keep bumping the price up because they know if we want the player badly enough (Wood, Botman) we'll eventually cave in.

The best thing we can do now is be consistent, show that we have our valuations and while there is obviously some flexibility/negotiation we aren't going to be pushed around.

Yeah, agreed. Thankfully the people in charge seem to be sticking to their guns on this approach.

Interesting if it's true that they have walked away from Ekitike.

But seemingly not (yet) from Botman. I wonder if that says anything about their priorities.

I mean, probably not, but it doesn't stop me from speculating. Could also be quite an effective scare tactic to get Lille to pull their finger out and stop messing around.

With Ekitike everything was agreed with the club, and so with the player/agent dragging their feet it made more sense to walk away from that deal, as that is more of a concern.

Botman is happy to come from all indications, but Lille are the ones that apparently keep messing about with the price they want once we meet it, and so guess they'll give this one more of a chance.

Still wasting time on junk newspapers or Twitter posts from people who have probably never even played football ? I don't know how it works at NewCastle, but I can assure you that in Milan when it comes to the transfer market no one knows anything since Maldini has been around, it is absolute silence.

Very simple situation.

Botman wants to go to a team that offers less money for Lille and for himself.

Lille wants to sell the player to the team that offers the most

truth ^

2 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Very simple situation.

How do you know this if Maldini is sworn to secrecy?

Edited by NE27

3 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Still wasting time on junk newspapers or Twitter posts from people who have probably never even played football ? I don't know how it works at NewCastle, but I can assure you that in Milan when it comes to the transfer market no one knows anything since Maldini has been around, it is absolute silence.

Very simple situation.

truth ^

Pure Wank!

4 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Very simple situation.

truth ^

But nobody knows anything? Aye right.

31 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Very simple situation.

truth ^

Lille haven't even accepted our offer.

34 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Very simple situation.

truth ^

So if no one knows anything but Maldini and you know that as truth, does that mean you are in fact Maldini?

41 minutes ago, Reblancks said:

Very simple situation.

truth ^

We know that Milan, the Serie A champions, can't compete financially with Newcastle United [emoji38]

Edited by Joey47

Just now, McCormick said:

Maldini doesn’t do auctions. He offers the price he wants to pay and waits for the immense gravitational pull of Milan to bring the player to him. Because that’s how transfers work apparently.

Who said that, Milanista?

Guest HTT II
52 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Nah, just poking fun at how Milan are seemingly going about this transfer. Milanista is a very good poster tbf.

Probably my second fave poster on here, after myself!

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Like shite!

I've got little to no interest in European leagues really. I just can't be bothered following podcasts, YouTube channels, internet and magazine articles to keep myself updated. I'll watch the CL and that's about it. But Kaka's posts make sure I'm kept in the loop with all the gossip. It's perfect. I must remember to thank him.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

How do you know this if Maldini is sworn to secrecy?

Look, I'm not a journalist or like many charlatans who pass themselves off as a transfer market analyst.
I rely on the interview he left the player to espn the netherlands which is clear to me, and on the fact that newcastle certainly has more money than Milan. I am pretty sure that the amount of money circulating is less than that circulating in the newspapers.
Journalists in both England and Italy like to invent fantasies

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I've got little to no interest in European leagues really. I just can't be bothered following podcasts, YouTube channels, internet and magazine articles to keep myself updated. I'll watch the CL and that's about it. But Kaka's posts make sure I'm kept in the loop with all the gossip. It's perfect. I must remember to thank him.

Cheers man!

I really get into all of that stuff. Have been deprived of it during transfer windows under that cretin Mike Ashley, so probably over indulging a bit right now :lol:

Edited by KaKa