Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Strange that,  Italian reports claimed that he'd entered into a blood pact with Maldini and the thought of moving to any other club brought him out in hives.

Tap player up and unsettle them, offer half of market value, cry ‘foul’ when another club actually offers the money.

It’s not a great look, tbh. 

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Man we would have been so pissed if we really thought any of our fake transfers were real.

I must admit even I thought we would get Hamza Choudhury last summer. We couldn’t even get a fairly simple loan deal done. 

I feel that Botman (and Ekitike for that matter) are both being bought as rocks to build the team around in future years.

I.e. they are players who won't peak for a little while yet, but that we think might get good enough for where we want to be.

I like the strategy, but it means I'm a bit less bothered about buying them NOW, because they're more long term buys.

For next season, and maybe the one after, I think we'd need a more established striker and CB anyway.

At CB, assuming we do lose Fede (and it's a mystery to me why he hasn't played more - the one game he came in under Howe he bossed), then there's not really any depth behind Burn and Schar that I'd trust to step in and be PL quality right away in case of injuries.

Wish we'd kept Lejuene, as he could have been that player. Another fail from Bungler Bruce.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Abacus said:

I feel that Botman (and Ekitike for that matter) are both being bought as rocks to build the team around in future years.

I.e. they are players who won't peak for a little while yet, but that we think might get good enough for where we want to be.

I like the strategy, but it means I'm a bit less bothered about buying them NOW, because they're more long term buys.

For next season, and maybe the one after, I think we'd need a more established striker and CB anyway.

At CB, assuming we do lose Fede (and it's a mystery to me why he hasn't played more - the one game he came in under Howe he bossed), then there's not really any depth behind Burn and Schar that I'd trust to step in and be PL quality right away in case of injuries.

Wish we'd kept Lejuene, as he could have been that player. Another fail from Bungler Bruce.

Lejune was a footballer of a CB, but he lacked pace and that’s what we lack right now at CB and why we can’t play higher up. We need a CB that is a footballer, so we can play out from the back and one with pace too so we can move higher up the pitch!

5 hours ago, Abacus said:

And that may be a problem, I read in a couple  of places that Hugo wants assurances he’s not just being bought for long term, he’s gonna want games I reckon and that’s a gamble the way I see it.

i know nothing about him mind - just you tube clips.

Edited by Gawalls

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

Lejune was a footballer of a CB, but he lacked pace and that’s what we lack right now at CB and why we can’t play higher up. We need a CB that is a footballer, so we can play out from the back and one with pace too so we can move higher up the pitch!

Badiashile has that pace.

Anyone know if he's been linked to any other clubs?

So those rumors about Maldini not extending seem to be... a random flurry. Reports are that Maldini will be extending.

Frankly, the Renato news is a reflection of Lille wanting more money for their targets. Lille did the same thing with Botman, trying to rope in Man Utd and Spurs (who denied interest), then turned to PSG to try and stir up interest. Why the Renato rumors hit Milan fans so hard, especially when they were paired with rumors that Maldini wasn't going to re-sign, I'm not sure why people believed them this time.

Maldini extending would simply affirm that the new owner shares Maldini's ambition--and frankly speaking, if he wants to get a return on his 1.2 billion (for 70%) he really has no choice but to match those ambitions.

Doesn't look like Milan is falling out of the race.

42 minutes ago, Milanista said:

So those rumors about Maldini not extending seem to be... a random flurry. Reports are that Maldini will be extending.

Frankly, the Renato news is a reflection of Lille wanting more money for their targets. Lille did the same thing with Botman, trying to rope in Man Utd and Spurs (who denied interest), then turned to PSG to try and stir up interest. Why the Renato rumors hit Milan fans so hard, especially when they were paired with rumors that Maldini wasn't going to re-sign, I'm not sure why people believed them this time.

Maldini extending would simply affirm that the new owner shares Maldini's ambition--and frankly speaking, if he wants to get a return on his 1.2 billion (for 70%) he really has no choice but to match those ambitions.

Just admit it, you're a lad from Fulwell on the wind up!

42 minutes ago, Milanista said:

At the end of the day, until the fee Lille want is matched, then nobody is in the race. Wether Newcastle keep waiting whilst being pissed about, I'm not convinced. I can see us moving on this week (if we haven't already) as they've already stated they won't stand for other clubs trying to take advantage just because we have increased funds available.

Newcastle pulling out (if they do) won't help you either unless you up your current offer, which by all accounts is quite a bit short.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Actual article says that they are looking to get bigger fees for both Sanches and Botman from PSG. No mention of us.

I would presume they want to shake down PSG. No idea what sort of FFP there is in France. Doesn't bode as well for Milan. I would hope there would be some clarity next week on the exact situation.

I was keen for us to get Botman, and still am, but it seems that Lille have every intention of dragging this on until late August unless someone throws silly money at them - Which to be fair as he's their player they have every right to do.

If that's the case, we need to move on because we'll end up with them having us over a barrel as the deadline ticks down. I'm sure we've got good enough people dealing with this not to put ourselves in that position, so hopefully it all sorts out one way or the other.

Edited by Chris_R

Just now, Chris_R said:

I was keen for us to get Botman, and still am, but it seems that Lille have every intention of dragging this on until late August unless someone throws silly money at them.

If that's the case, we need to move on because we'll end up with them having us over a barrel as the deadline ticks down. I'm sure we've got good enough people dealing with this not to put ourselves in that position, so hopefully it all sorts out one way or the other.

They know that though. They know there's a decent chance the longer they hold on the better chance we get someone else and they lose the big bucks. It's early days and I'd guess this goes on all the time but this is being played out in public, we probably have a similar situation going on with a name we know nothing of.

I'm not overly worried. We'll have an upper limit in terms of transfer fee etc, we'll have a date at which we will basically say "take it or leave it" to Lille and/or Botman. We'll have alternatives lined up.

I might be misremembering it but I'm fairly sure that in January, we had constant back and forth with Sevilla and Lille until at some point we pulled the plug and signed Dan Burn very quickly afterwards. Is that how it happened? My son was born in January so much of it is a blur [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, madras said:

They know that though. They know there's a decent chance the longer they hold on the better chance we get someone else and they lose the big bucks. It's early days and I'd guess this goes on all the time but this is being played out in public, we probably have a similar situation going on with a name we know nothing of.

That's what I was thinking. If everyone moves on they get shite. No idea how it will play out of course.