More transfer rumours

midds

11 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Not with that attitude. 

Came through PSG’s youth system and plays already for an elite team which is challenging for titles now. As a player he’s in his prime. We’re a rebuild job which will take at least a few years, our timeline and his don’t marry up. 

Edited by SAK
Spelling correction

I was about to say "good player, but very injury prone", but it seems he's been fit all season, only that he hasn't played any and not even made the bench for a lot of games. Norwich last game was his first full 90 since 15th September.

Did his last long term injury break him or something? He looked pretty fucking good to me before he got an injury year or two ago and Matip cemented the second CB spot for himself.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

How many players will we be linked to in the Summer?

And I can’t wait!

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Brazilian trio of Paqueta, Bruno G and Joelinton. Yes please. 

Would love that but also recognise that a more disciplined defensive midfielder replacing Shelvey allows Bruno more freedom to create chances.

Star ([emoji38]) thinks we're after Kepa in the summer for about £50m

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-kepa-newcastle-26336658

It is understood the west Londoners are prepared to listen to any sensible offers around the £50m mark.

A loan with an obligation to buy might also be deemed acceptable in the right circumstances.

An array of LaLiga big hitters – including Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid – have been actively sniffing around.

But cash-rich Newcastle are also prepared to show their cards if they stay in the Premier League.

Eddie Howe rates Slovakia international Martin Dubravka highly.

Nevertheless, the Toon’s ambitious new owners want wholesale upgrades across the team if they retain their top-flight status.

Watching Monaco Vs Reims at the moment. Unfortunately Ekitike is injured so need isn't playing.

However, Ben Yedder is still looking the part. I'd be happy to see him here in the summer. Not sure how much he'd cost but he's 31 and would come with huge pedigree.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Watching Monaco Vs Reims at the moment. Unfortunately Ekitike is injured so need isn't playing.

However, Ben Yedder is still looking the part. I'd be happy to see him here in the summer. Not sure how much he'd cost but he's 31 and would come with huge pedigree.

We’ll be aiming much higher than a 31 year old Ben Yedder in the summer. 

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

We’ll be aiming much higher than a 31 year old Ben Yedder in the summer. 

If he's deemed good enough and has the right attitude I don't see why anyone would turn their nose up at him. He been consistent throughout his career. Can't just buy 20yr old wonderkids and expect the world immediately, we've got to grow. Bringng in experienced players like him in various positions had huge benefits.

Did you also disagree with the signing of 31 year old Kieran Trippier?