More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, HTT II said:

If we stay up and spend really really well and big next season, we should be aiming to finish in the top 6 IMO!

I would even go as far to say competing for the top 4. Aside from the top 3, the league is fairly open and we could easily go on a run like West Ham with 3 or 4 top players added in the summer 

I don't see Targett being here next season. We'll get a new LB in for certain and perhaps Lewis will stay but I can see him leaving for more game time.

Targett is a solid player but I hope we're aiming to get someone better than him in.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If we stay up and spend really really well and big next season, we should be aiming to finish in the top 6 IMO!

I think so too if the season started now with the new signings and everyone fit and Howe getting a full pre season we would finish top half I think. So with new signings on top of that top 6 is definatley achievable.

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I think so too if the season started now with the new signings and everyone fit and Howe getting a full pre season we would finish top half I think. So with new signings on top of that top 6 is definatley achievable.

Aim for top 6 next season, if we achieve that, consolidate but still aim for top 4 the following season, the season after aim for a CL place and if we get that aim for the title and after that keep aiming for the title and CL.

14 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I don't see Targett being here next season. We'll get a new LB in for certain and perhaps Lewis will stay but I can see him leaving for more game time.

Targett is a solid player but I hope we're aiming to get someone better than him in.

I’d rather we signed him, but still get someone better in than him so we have a very strong squad member and sack off Lewis who will never be good enough even as a squad player. Targett is the current standard and he’s way behind him. Again I’d be happy starting next season with Targett as our LB.

Edited by HTT II

Newcastle are lining up a fresh £45m summer bid for Crystal Palace's 23-year-old English playmaker Eberechi Eze. (Mirror)

Newcastle are facing a fight to retain 30-year-old Swiss defender Fabian Schar as his contract enters its final few months, with AC Milan, Sevilla and Valencia interested. (Mail)

If the rumour about Eze is true it would imply that we have already tried to sign him.

On 10/02/2022 at 12:59, Consortium of one said:

I'd already like Targett to be a permanent move in the summer.  Ideally Lewis would be his deputy and learn a thing or two along the way.  Then I'd like to see someone brought in to be Trips understudy.  I know it might spell the end of Manq but this should be the way forward: established starter> younger guy that is established with room to grow>youth players.

For next year I'd love to see two viable players for each position so we can fight for a top 7 (maybe? too ambitious?) AND make a couple of cup runs.

I think we need a pacy, mobile striker and still more depth in the midfield and at CB.  Plus the second 11 will have a lot of turnover and those players will need replacement.  It will certainly be interesting to see how Ashworth and Howe start to remake the squad

I want Lewis gone after he chose to sit on his arse rather than get a club elsewhere.

Its not like Eze has been their star player, doesnt start every game and sometimes doesnt even get off the bench. I know he's been inured alot this season but this rumour surprises me. Hardly pulled up any trees there.

Edited by Mazzy

7 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle are lining up a fresh £45m summer bid for Crystal Palace's 23-year-old English playmaker Eberechi Eze. (Mirror)

Newcastle are facing a fight to retain 30-year-old Swiss defender Fabian Schar as his contract enters its final few months, with AC Milan, Sevilla and Valencia interested. (Mail)

If the rumour about Eze is true it would imply that we have already tried to sign him.

Will reluctantly allow Schar to go to Milan if they leave Botman for us. Another quality CB and think we’d be fine with Lascelles, Burn & Fernandez as back up.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Its not like Eze has been their star player, doesnt start every game and sometimes doesnt even get off the bench. I know he's been inured alot this season but this rumour surprises me. Hardly pulled up any trees there.

Eze has been injured for ages though, they'll be easing him back in. Looked great before injury