More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Bridge was involved around the England setup for a long time, just checked and he had 36 appearances as a starter and sub. Anyone with that type of profile would now be a lot more than £30 million. 

As much as I'm happy with Targett, his profile is nothing like Bridge.

Aye, there was a short while when Bridge was ahead of Cole on merit.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Aye, there was a short while when Bridge was ahead of Cole on merit.

And that's when Cole was considered one of the best fullbacks in the world. I don't know if this would correspond with his decline as a player but it felt like he was never the same after Terry went with his girlfriend. 

13 minutes ago, macphisto said:

And that's when Cole was considered one of the best fullbacks in the world. I don't know if this would correspond with his decline as a player but it felt like he was never the same after Terry went with his girlfriend. 

I definitely think so, seems like he fell out of love with the game through that 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Think Almiron, Hayden and Lascelles could get us about 30 million. Obviously not the real dead wood but certainly expendable if we are upgrading in the summer.

Exactly my thinking plus Clark, Lewis and Gayle. 

6 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Exactly my thinking plus Clark, Lewis and Gayle. 

We'd be lucky to find anyone willing to take Gayle and Clark on a free imo. Lewis and Hayden, who even we couldn't justify a squad place for, maybe £5m each from a mid-top CL club or newly promoted PL team? Most likely they'll have better options though. 

Maybe I'm overly pessimistic, but if we manage to get rid of Clark, Lewis, Gayle, Hendrick, Hayden, Dummett, Krafth and one of Lascelles/Schar, while obviosuly trimming the wage bill quite a bit, in terms of transfer fees to re-invest we'd maybe sit with ~£20m in total?

Find it difficult to believe Clark wouldn’t have suitors in the Championship. He surely walks into most teams in that division if we’re being honest. 

All depends if he’s willing to move and we can reach a settlement on his wages.

I’d be happy with just three signings in the summer if they’re all of real quality; signings that would go straight into the starting 11.

The reason for that is that I think this is going to be a tricky window, as we have a lot of players to potentially move on and it’s not going to be straightforward to finalise those outgoing transfers.

We also need to make a decision on contacts sooner or later - Schar, Longstaff, Dummett etc which will be indicative of our strategy.

I’m probably being overly optimistic tbh but we sold Grant Hanley for around 3.5m. Lacelles must be least worth 10. Gayle if fit guarantees a club atleast 10-15 in the Championship. 

We should be able to generate some coin to reinvest.

I count 10 players that could easily be shipped out in the summer. Not all of them will command a fee of any reasonable size but I think 40/50m  wouldn't seem ridiculous. Most of that from Hayden, Almiron, Lascelles, Lewis.

Not saying I think 10 players will leave but can't say I'd be shocked if that were the case. Easily 6 new players needed both for the first 11 and for cover.

Darlow £3-5m

Woodman £4-5m

Gillespie £2-300k 

Krafth £3-4m

Clark £2-3m

Lascelles £5-8m

Fernandez £2-3m

Schar £free (Contract)

Dummett £free (Contract)

Lewis £7-10m 

Hayden £7-10m

Shelvey £5-6m

Hendrick £1-2m

Longstaff £free (Contract)

Ritchie £500k

Murphy £4-6m

Almiron £10-15m

Wood £10-15m

Gayle £500k-1m

Wilson £15-20m

If we're lucky. 

I’d be surprised if any of the following were here come September…

Darlow

Woodman

Lewis

Clark

Fernandez

Hayden

Gayle

Ritchie

M Longstaff

Dummett

May also see Miggy and Murphy leave

I think we’ll be looking at a 25 man squad of

Dubravka, new GK, Gillespie

Trippier, Krafth, Manquillo, Targett, Schar, Burn, Lascelles, new CB

Shelvey, Bruno, Joelinton, S Longstaff, Willock, New CM

ASM, Fraser, Wilson, Wood, new AM, new winger, new striker (established), new striker (up and coming)

I think of the players we will be looking to offload the only ones we might struggle to shift for any money at all will be Gayle (35k a week) and Hendrick (40k a week) we might see them both loaned out rather than sold. The others (Lewis, Clark, Hayden, Krafth) should at least command a fee, somewhere around 10m for the lot of them.. more importantly we get their wages shifted off our books. 

We won’t see a massive overhaul of players, the 6 above at most maybe 7 if we go for a new GK.

Edited by Nine

Notice Shearer hinted that we might be interested in JWP, although it may have been more in hope than actually ITK.

Would be a phenomenal signing but given his likely price tag and other cheaper options abroad, probably unlikely.

Signing 1 domestic based "big" signing, like JWP or Phillips could be a great way of showing we mean business.

We we’re linked with Haidara from Leipzig in January, would be a good alternative if we can’t get Phillips. Whilst I think Ward Prowse is good he wouldn’t be my choice, I’d prefer someone more athletic and combative alongside Bruno.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Phillips would be infinitely better than JWP. 

I think Philips is quality but If we’re going to shell out a proportion of cash on a midfielder I’d rather us go for an attacking/number 10 as we already have Bruno and Joelinton (and even Shelvey who sits deep). If we sign two then great but can’t see it when you think we’ll be signing strikers and wingers.

I’m not sure Joelinton is the long term

answer in midfield. Especially if we are trying to become a team that has more possession. He is great in that destroyer/box to box role, mind. 

Shelvey should be a backup at best next season. He isn’t mobile enough or good enough winning it back to play as a genuine DM 

Bruno seems decent in a number of different roles centrally. But with how good he is on the ball and with his vision. I would like him a bit more advanced. 

It feels like we haven’t had a proper DM since Tiote. I would really like to see us go after a genuinely top class quick, strong and combative midfielder. Kante would be nice :lol:  

58 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m not sure Joelinton is the long term

answer in midfield. Especially if we are trying to become a team that has more possession. He is great in that destroyer/box to box role, mind. 

Shelvey should be a backup at best next season. He isn’t mobile enough or good enough winning it back to play as a genuine DM 

Bruno seems decent in a number of different roles centrally. But with how good he is on the ball and with his vision. I would like him a bit more advanced. 

It feels like we haven’t had a proper DM since Tiote. I would really like to see us go after a genuinely top class quick, strong and combative midfielder. Kante would be nice :lol:  

How we're doing as well as we are, with the midfield that we've got, is Howe's minor miracle. 

15 hours ago, Dokko said:

Darlow £3-5m

Woodman £4-5m

Gillespie £2-300k 

Krafth £3-4m

Clark £2-3m

Lascelles £5-8m

Fernandez £2-3m

Schar £free (Contract)

Dummett £free (Contract)

Lewis £7-10m 

Hayden £7-10m

Shelvey £5-6m

Hendrick £1-2m

Longstaff £free (Contract)

Ritchie £500k

Murphy £4-6m

Almiron £10-15m

Wood £10-15m

Gayle £500k-1m

Wilson £15-20m

If we're lucky. 

I agree with all of those aside from Gayle and Clark, I'd swap those 2 around. What Gayle offers a Championship clubs is worth so much more than Clark could ever. He's easily 3/4m to someone like Coventry or QPR.

Would love Merino back here. Don't think him slotting into a midfield together with Bruno would be any issue at all. If I remember correctly he's left footed as well, which we don't have in CM atm.

22 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Merino, Bruno, Paqueta 

:mou:

The technical ability in this trio as a midfield would be filthy :lol: Safe to say that there's potential to be decent in possession.