More transfer rumours

midds

I'd look at Boubacar Kamara. Supposedly Villa have been watching him - if they've got a chance to sign him then so do we. I think we made enquiries in January.

A top quality DM would allow Bruno more freedom to push forward against the weaker sides & the two could play deeper together against stronger opponents. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

You're moving goalposts as you know you're wrong. You said:  Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week. Now its £200k+

What? Thats exactly what I mean, people have mentioned Coutinho on the last page and he would be on around that number of 200k. Its an example. Around 120k will be our limit this summer.

Its not me that is wrong [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Inter have been whoring themselves for some of PIF’s money for a while, how about we oblige and take Martinez off their hands. Good age and another 3 goals this week against Milan and Roma. 

On 19/04/2022 at 23:49, Guybrush said:

1650407400802-1.gif

How I feel in this thread [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

What? Thats exactly what I mean, people have mentioned Coutinho on the last page and he would be on around that number of 200k. Its an example. Around 120k will be our limit this summer.

Its not me that is wrong [emoji38]

No one wants Coutinho, the one person who said his name also followed up with its hugely unrealistic. Most have said quality and expecting 3-5 £100-150k players and you came steaming in stating:  Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week.

Some macktracking which RTG would be impressed with. :lol:

Edited by Dokko

I just think that we have suddenly become one of the most attractive clubs in world football.

Apart from the top 6, who's players wages will make them unattractive to us, and perhaps West Ham, I just fancy us to be able to unsettle any player from any club in the summer.

It's going to be incredibly difficult for the likes of Brighton, Leeds and Southampton to fend us off.

Most of our business will be done overseas, but I expect us to sign at least one big hitter from the PL, Phillips or Toney being the obvious names.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No one wants Coutinho, the one person who said his name also followed up with its hugely unrealistic. Most have said quality and expecting 3-5 £100-150k players and you came steaming in stating:  Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week.

And thats exactly what I said after that sentence that you quoted - 'a few brought in on around 100k this summer then next summer moving upwards into the mid 100ks and so on'. Are you intentionally being ignorant? 

I mentioned 200k as a round number that players like Countinho and the like would be on, to expect players on these wages is crazy. Im sorry if you think thats the route we'll take but its not. You seem flustered, its okay. 

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

And thats exactly what I said after that sentence that you quoted - 'a few brought in on around 100k this summer then next summer moving upwards into the mid 100ks and so on'. Are you intentionally being ignorant? 

I mentioned 200k as a round number that players like Countinho and the like would be on, to expect players on these wages is crazy. Im sorry if you think thats the route we'll take but its not.

Gleefully obtuse and ferocious with it. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Ideal world stuff. I think there are few decent free players (Kamara, Eriksen, Tarkowski, Grillitsch, Lingard, Belotti & Denayer) they'll go for as well. I'd expect a couple of them landing here. 

I see the fees for Abrahams (£50m) and Osimhen (£67m) have been set, along with Nunez (£67m) there are a few top strikers up for grabs. We're out of the running for Nunez, but Abrahams at £50m is the one i'd go for.

Is there really one media/journalist who has linked us to Abraham or is it just talk in here?

1 minute ago, STM said:

Yeah we won't be jumping from 100k to 200k in one swoop because then immediately Bruno is going to want the same and rightly so.

Ah, someone who understands.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, STM said:

Yeah we won't be jumping from 100k to 200k in one swoop because then immediately Bruno is going to want the same and rightly so.

£200k isn't £120k though. That's his follow up when he realised he was talking shit.

If we get priced out of our top targets in DM, because clubs want to fleece us.... I wouldn't turn my nose up at a smart move for someone like Romeu, who's 30 and onto the last year of his Southampton contract. Let's say we could get him for 12m ala Trippier, that would keep our powder dry for another position.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

£200k isn't £120k though. That's his follow up when he realised he was talking shit.

Are you okay? [emoji38] I used 200k as a round number that would be out of our reach, I said multiple times that around 120k would be our limit. 

Just now, Dembacha said:

You actually said we wouldn't sign anyone over 120k though. Is it so mad to think that we might?

Not crazy but its unreasonable to expect it I think, for this summer anyway. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Not crazy but its unreasonable to expect it I think, for this summer anyway. 

We spent 90 mil in January when everybody said it would only be 50. We splashed out on a player like Bruno. I'm sure the owners will be wanting more transfers of that type.

4 minutes ago, Dembacha said:

We spent 90 mil in January when everybody said it would only be 50. We splashed out on a player like Bruno. I'm sure the owners will be wanting more transfers of that type.

I agree on big fees just not big wages, its much harder/slower moving to move upwards in the wage bracket than it is with transfer fees. It wouldnt be crazy to see a 150m+ spend this summer as we need big upgrades in expensive positions (ST, RW, DM/CM), the first 1 or 2 signings will be exciting to say the least as it will give us a real idea of the type of players they have been looking at. 

Edited by Nine

Hopefully our recent form will help attract potential targets. We’ve shown what can happen with fairly minimal investment (in terms of playing time). We appear to have the right management in place and if we identify players with the right attitude we can certainly challenge top 8 next season. Mad really.

We really have got under the skin of Everton fans mind. GOT is awash with posters asking why anyone would want to live in the NE of England. One post asked why anyone would live in a shithole like Cramlington when they could live in Cheshire? Have to admit, I’m sick of bumping into Miggy in Manor Walks on his way out of Poundland.

It would do Everton good to spend a season in The Championship.

5 minutes ago, Dembacha said:

They’ll do what they have to do :coolsmiley:

It’ll be a fabulous transfer window for us fans this summer! Enjoy :)

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

I agree on big fees just not big wages, its much harder/slower moving to move upwards in the wage bracket than it is with transfer fees. It wouldnt be crazy to see a 150m+ spend this summer as we need big upgrades in expensive positions (ST, RW, DM/CM), the first 1 or 2 signings will be exciting to say the least as it will give us a real idea of the type of players they have been looking at. 

Big fees come with big wages (upwards of 120k). Nowhere has Eddie Howe mentioned that we would never spend big on wages. It's inevitably going to happen if we 're among the top spenders every transfer window.

7 minutes ago, Dembacha said:

Big fees come with big wages (upwards of 120k). Nowhere has Eddie Howe mentioned that we would never spend big on wages. It's inevitably going to happen if we 're among the top spenders every transfer window.

Not always though, Bruno is on under that number. Its going to happen alright but I think that moving over that kind of number (120k) this summer in comparison to where the rest of our squad is would be moving to quickly and be a big risk as far as upsetting our current core of players, next summer? Sure, it will move upwards again.. maybe at a push we could see mid 100ks this summer? If Howe and co feel thats a safe move at this point then it would be great, I just cant see it personally. Like I said the first couple of signings will set the tone. 

Edited by Nine

Guest HTT II

We will break transfer records (for us) and smash current wage structures too in many transfer windows. It’s not in question or shouldn’t be. If the owners feel a player is worth splashing out for but wants say 250k a week they will do so.