More transfer rumours

midds

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I was thinking about that the other day - the problem is we don't have enough goals anywhere else in the side to get away with playing a striker who isn't in and around the box as much as possible.

Liverpool put together the front 3 on the premise of getting 10-15 goals each which i think we can build.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

More like £40-£50m. Toney would be 40m minimum. 60m for Abraham.

Is Pukki a bad shout? He would be very cheap. Scores goals in a poor side. Just an idea.

If Tammy Abraham is going for £60m we need to be avoiding daft price tags like that and rely on decent scouting to uncover better value players.

Batshuayi is on loan is Turkey and is still 28. He'd probably be worth a punt.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

If Tammy Abraham is going for £60m we need to be avoiding daft price tags like that and rely on decent scouting to uncover better value players.

Rather spend £60m on Abraham. Not that we will like.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

He's in Turkey for a reason. Was poor for Valencia and Palace on loan. He's the profile we don't want.

29 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

More like £40-£50m. Toney would be 40m minimum. 60m for Abraham.

Is Pukki a bad shout? He would be very cheap. Scores goals in a poor side. Just an idea.

I’d want Pukki as a replacement for Gayle for sure. I’m not sure we need as much as we thought especially with Eddie in charge.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He's in Turkey for a reason. Was poor for Valencia and Palace on loan. He's the profile we don't want.

He did ok in an average and hardly prolific Palace team, he has 1 in 2 for Besiktas, Belgium and the Belgian U21 team and more than 1 in 2 when he played for Dortmund. Nothing in his career has suggested he's the type of character we should be avoiding. However, i'm not suggesting we sign him. I'm just saying there is better value out there than paying £60m for Tammy Abraham and pointed to him as an example. I'm sure there are plenty of others but my knowledge of world football is not what it used to be

Edited by Holmesy

Guest HTT II

Abraham is a level just below world-class, 60m would be money well spent. He can play centrally on his own or in a 3 or wide of a CF either side. He has scored goals in the Championship, the Premier League, for England and now Roma. He is of good character, age and has pace and strength and that tenacity and balsy attitude, without being a cunt. He’d be an amazing signing!

Edited by HTT II

47 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

You can't go touting decent scouting and suggest Batshitiya surely.

Edited by Wolfcastle

41 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Abraham is a level just below world-class, 60m would be money well spent. He can play centrally on his own or in a 3 or wide of a CF either side. He has scored goals in the Championship, the Premier League, for England and now Roma. He is of good character, age and has pace and strength and that tenacity and balsy attitude, without being a cunt. He’d be an amazing signing!

He’s not like :lol: i wouldn’t be opposed to signing him, but 60m seems a bit steep for what he is. For that sort of money I’d expect a good scouting network to come up with someone of a higher pedigree.

3 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Ekitike was going to cost around £20m if rumours are to be believed and a decent PL striker would probably set us back £30m. If we're after a Nunez-level striker you're probably looking at a total outlay of £100m but I doubt we will be. £50m doesn't seem unrealistic considering we paid £30m for Bruno

I think the deal for Ekitike was agreed at over £33m. When you say decent PL striker you mean someone like Abraham? He wouldn’t be here for anything under £50m atm. Toney I suppose would cost less but is less of a player. 

My point is, we won’t be spending big on two players that play the same position this summer unless there is an exception. 

Edited by Nine

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I’d want Pukki as a replacement for Gayle for sure. I’m not sure we need as much as we thought especially with Eddie in charge.

Yeah but Pukki won’t go anywhere and want to be a 2nd/3rd choice at this stage of his career, would also be a big wage for a player that’s on the bench most of the time. 

I’d probably go all out for Patrick Schick or Nunez. Failing that maybe someone like Jonathan David, Simeone or Scamacca. 

Also like to see us sign either Nkunku or Pacqueta.

Look at how much of an impact Bruno has had on this side. 1 or 2 superstars take this team into the top 8. Added in someone first team improvements in depth maybe CB or GK we have a solid solid team. Spend about £150M and get rid of some deadwood. Factor in that we have Tripps to come back too and undoubtedly Howe improves everyone of the players here and that signs from now until the first PL game of the season.

25 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

I’d probably go all out for Patrick Schick or Nunez. Failing that maybe someone like Jonathan David, Simeone or Scamacca. 

Also like to see us sign either Nkunku or Pacqueta.

Look at how much of an impact Bruno has had on this side. 1 or 2 superstars take this team into the top 8. Added in someone first team improvements in depth maybe CB or GK we have a solid solid team. Spend about £150M and get rid of some deadwood. Factor in that we have Tripps to come back too and undoubtedly Howe improves everyone of the players here and that signs from now until the first PL game of the season.

Schick would be my second choice behind Nunez. Players who scores in their league, national team and Europe proves they have it in them.

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

He’s not like :lol: i wouldn’t be opposed to signing him, but 60m seems a bit steep for what he is. For that sort of money I’d expect a good scouting network to come up with someone of a higher pedigree.

World-class is stretching it given how few world-class strikers actually exist today, but he’s certainly of a high level calibre forward in that mould, to say otherwise would be wrong. He’s smashing it at Roma and would get 15-20 + goals at NUFC even the way we play now. He’s worth 60m IMO. I’d far rather we paid that for him than say the unknown Nunez, as exciting as he seems…

Edited by HTT II

It's clear that getting a striker is going to be our big issue this summer. Not only is it the hardest position to find genuine quality in but its also the most expensive area of the pitch to buy. Getting a striker in nice and early will help our window no end.

I'm not  too worried about CB, CM or RW, I think their are numerous mouth watering options in those areas.

If i was going to guess, I suspect we will take the low risk option, so someone like Toney. If any club starts playing hard ball over fees we should quickly move on, or at least put them on the back burner.

Either way, this transfer window is going to be ace.

Edited by STM

For those that don't want the pain of the Chronic:

Bruno Guimaraes urges Newcastle United to sign Lyon and Brazil ace Lucas Paqueta

The Brazil international has been watched by Newcastle and others this season 

Newcastle United star Bruno Guimaraes has urged the Magpies to bring his "best friend" Lucas Paqueta to St James' Park next season.

The £58million star is currently having a great season with his old club Lyon and Bruno would love to be lining up alongside him next term in a black and white jersey. Paqueta has been scouted by Arsenal and Paris St-Germain in recent times.

Speaking in the club programme, Bruno was asked who he would like to see at Newcastle, and said: "Ah, Lucas Paqueta. He is my brother, my best friend and I really get on with him.

"We have the same way of thinking, we are the same age and we were together every day - always talking to each other. He is a family member that football has given me.

"And I hope that he's happy wherever he is. He's a great guy with a massive heart and people like that deserve the very best."