More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We will likely lose a lot of the current squad players so they will essentially need replaced…

Presumably, should we get those mythical 4-5 star players, the current starters will slip down the pecking order into "squad player" status?

I could re-energise my "straw man/tongue in cheek" comment that some people seem to think we'll have 25 galaticos by christmas but it'll be a more controlled, gradual process. Imho, obvs

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Presumably, should we get those mythical 4-5 star players, the current starters will slip down the pecking order into "squad player" status?

I could re-energise my "straw man/tongue in cheek" comment that some people seem to think we'll have 25 galaticos by christmas but it'll be a more controlled, gradual process. Imho, obvs

We will see maybe 6-8 or more current squad players leave this season, sold, out on loan or released, again we will sign ready made first-teamers and squad players.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

We will see maybe 6-8 or more current squad players leave this season, sold, out on loan or released, again we will sign ready made first-teasers and squad players.

I've no idea what players contract status' are or salaries but moving them on isn't simple these days. Esp given the lack of funds further down the pyramid. Interesting shuffling to be done.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I can see PIF wanting one marquee signing, but the rest will be more Bruno’s, maybe a few freebies and more development players for the under 23s and academy. I do think, with sales, we will be the biggest spending club in the world in the summer, 200m maybe.

Be interesting to see how much we bring in from sales. We have very backup players fee we could command a decent fee for. The likes of Clark, Hendrick, Gayle, Murphy, Lewis and Hayden are on PL wages, but no club is going to offer them that now. Reckon we'll let most of them go for nowt if we can save their wages.

Just now, HTT II said:

I can see PIF wanting one marquee signing, but the rest will be more Bruno’s, maybe a few freebies and more development players for the under 23s and academy. I do think, with sales, we will be the biggest spending club in the world in the summer, 200m maybe.

I've gone from sacking off 3 season tickets

Watching the toon but no other football play on the box, with anticipation, but not giving a fuck when we lose

Detesting football and what it's become

Having a political/moral aversion to our owners TO

Watching L2, L1, any football at all really and back to eating, drinking and sleeping all things NUFC

£200m will give me a boner all summer

I think it'll be 4-6. 

Striker, CB, LB and a CM would be the four, another CM and a RW would be the six. 

I also think we might not go crazy with the striker - if we are being ruled out by the likes of Nunez, Isak etc. because we aren't in Europe, I think there's a chance we'll go for someone like Ekitike to challenge/rotate with Wilson, rather than a full "marquee" style signing that will relegate Wilson to essentially a backup. Then, if we can get into Europe with those improvements, we'll revisit the big centre forward signing next summer.

Edit - to add that this is based on us not being able to recoup much from player sales. I don't think we have many sellable assets and I think we will struggle to shift the likes of Clark, Richie & Gayle for any sort of fee because of their wages. Almiron and maybe Lewis are the exceptions to that, we might find someone willing to punt £7-10m on either of those two.

Edited by Keegans Export

Guest HTT II
32 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I've gone from sacking off 3 season tickets

Watching the toon but no other football play on the box, with anticipation, but not giving a fuck when we lose

Detesting football and what it's become

Having a political/moral aversion to our owners TO

Watching L2, L1, any football at all really and back to eating, drinking and sleeping all things NUFC

£200m will give me a boner all summer

I’m the same mate! I lost so much interest I can’t even remember us beating City under Pardew and the last 14 years have been a blur, thankfully!

Hope I’m wrong but all the noises from journos etc. (I know, I know) point towards a more “modest” outlay this summer. Reckon 150m+ warchests won’t be available until we firm up our sponsorship deals. I’m guessing a 70m net spend this coming window.

Edited by McCormick

46 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hope I’m wrong but all the noises from journos etc. (I know, I know) point towards a more “modest” outlay this summer. Reckon 150m+ warchests won’t be available until we firm up our sponsorship deals. I’m guessing a 70m net spend this coming window.

I’d assume we will have some sponsorship in place over the summer,.

We will have 32 players on our books if Longstaff signs a new contract.

Makes sense why the club are briefing media and agents against overspending at this stage. 

The immediate priority has to be lining up outgoings for players who obviously don’t have a future here.

15 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’ll miss Almiron tbh. Think he’ll always be one of my favourite players, just for the smile he plays with 

I think I'll get over anyone leaving all the while there's hope and ambition at the club.

In previous seasons, the thought of the likes of HBA, ASM, Cabaye, Enrique, Carroll and any player that is either talented or brings you personal joy in watching, would bring on pretty extreme disappointment. Now we're in a position where we're going to progressively improve year on year, I'm happy that players leaving will largely be for reasons that would contribute to fulfilling said ambition.

Obviously I'll still have an affinity to particular players, but I'm not sure them leaving would bring on a feeling of it being the end of the world any longer (at least not until Mbappe leaves us having seen us to a stepping stone in fulfilling his lifelong ambition to play for Sunderland).

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d assume we will have some sponsorship in place over the summer,.

Probably, but how much would that be? Looking at other clubs’ shirt deals there’s a big drop from the big 6 to the others; I’d imagine we’d be looking at something around 10-15m. That would be more than any team outside the top 6 but it’s hardly game-changing money.

Edited by McCormick

We won’t show our hand before the market has even opened. We will spend a lot  even if not a astronomical sum. As if Trippier and Bruno would be here if we don’t have massive ambitions. Especially Bruno with his prime years ahead. Not here to waste his best years I’d imagine.

im sure we refuse to get ripped off but big money will be spent. I reckon about 150m. 

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Probably, but how much would that be? Looking at other clubs’ shirt deals there’s a big drop from the big 6 to the others; I’d imagine we’d be looking at something around 10-15m. That would be more than any team outside the top 6 but it’s hardly game-changing money.

It’s not just a one off shirt deal though. Clubs have multiple shirt deals (sleeves etc), plus there’s the training ground sponsorship (Everton got £6m per year), St James’, the team bus, anything else (Everton again got £30m just for future first option of ground naming). It all stacks up. We’ve been left behind in all this for years, and a major part of why we’ve lagged so far behind nearly every other fucking team. 

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

Really like the look of him. Think he is so talented. I can see him coming along the way both Maddison and Grealish eventually did.

Keane Lewis-Potter, Elijah Adebayo, Brennan Johnson, Ben Brereton Diaz, Fabio Carvalho, Antoine Semenyo .... quite a few really exciting young talents in the Championship. Would be cool if we could pick up at least a couple of them.