More transfer rumours

midds

I really, really like the look of this player. He looks well suited to the Premiership and us in particular. On current prices, I don't think £85m is a rip-off. 

Even if we can somehow win the battle with Arsenal (showing him a video of our last home game would help), I can't believe that only two clubs are in for him.

Going off reports (as well as looking at the squad), after Ekitike we'll be after:

GK

CB

LB (possibly x2)

CM

Possibly a winger

Probably all between £15-40m. You would imagine anything else will be kids or free transfers.

Players like Osimhen - quality but expensive and we already have quality in their position - seem like they will be next year?

Yeah I reckon we’ll see:

Gk- Henderson 

lb- Lodi/ Targett

cb- Botman (or alternative)

rw- Diaby (or cheaper alternative)

St- Ekitike 

Others like DCL/Toney, Paqueta/Philips will probably be dependent on how much we get for shifting our deadwood. Should we sell ASM for 50m, I could see us then making a mega offer for Osimhen.

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Going off reports (as well as looking at the squad), after Ekitike we'll be after:

GK

CB

LB (possibly x2)

CM

Possibly a winger

Probably all between £15-40m. You would imagine anything else will be kids or free transfers.

Players like Osimhen - quality but expensive and we already have quality in their position - seem like they will be next year?

Yeah, if I was to bet on it, I'd think the club would rebuild with good footballers in every position before going down the one- or two-marquee signings each summer route.  Can't see us chucking 85m at a transfer fee until we're truly strengthened across the board

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, if I was to bet on it, I'd think the club would rebuild with good footballers in every position before going down the one- or two-marquee signings each summer route.  Can't see us chucking 85m at a transfer fee until we're truly strengthened across the board

Aye it seems the quickest way to fucking uo you FFP quota like.

Osimhen does look pretty sexy though

Guest HTT II
47 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1620722/Newcastle-transfer-news-Arsenal-Victor-Osimhen-Napoli-gossip-rumours-update

“ The Nigerian forward has scored 28 goals in the last 24 months since arriving in Italy from Lille in 2020. And his form in Italy last season has led to speculation of a big-money move this summer.

Arsenal had been touted as a possible destination with the Gunners desperate to bring in a superstar signing up front. But the Gunners have reportedly been put off by Napoli's £85million asking price.

That could open the door for Newcastle to swoop in, with Calciomercato claiming the Magpies have been 'wooing' the forward for 'some time'. The report suggests that Osimhen's preference would be to play in the Premier League.” 

Any validity to this? Osimhen for mega bucks? 

He looks great, weren’t we in for him in January? I love the number of times he uses his head to flick the ball past someone to race onto, very Andy Cole like maybe?

He’s even got a Bruno-Linton hairdo! Howay Eddie, get it done. 

Joking aside, he’s a proper number 9. Suspect he’d score well at any level/in any company. Appreciate now might not really be the time for such extravagant spending but it is/would be so exciting to imagine watching a lad like that spearheading our attack. 

Don't get me wrong, there's nowt I'd like to see more than the club throwing serious cash at a player with the potential of Osimhen - he's got everything you'd need to be a top-class centre forward.  I just think players like him are likely to be a season or so down the track

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye it seems the quickest way to fucking uo you FFP quota like.

Osimhen does look pretty sexy though

They only fuck your FFP quota if they don't work out. If you think he's going to be your Drogba/Aguero then it doesn't really matter whether you spend that £80m now or next season or the season after. I guess that's why we're still sniffing around Nunez, even though he'll end up being £70m or so.

Osimhen

ASM                                                Ekitike

Paqueta

Big Joe                                 Bruno

Lodi              Botman               Schar              Trippier

New Keeper

Sexy.

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

They only fuck your FFP quota if they don't work out. If you think he's going to be your Drogba/Aguero then it doesn't really matter whether you spend that £80m now or next season or the season after. I guess that's why we're still sniffing around Nunez, even though he'll end up being £70m or so.

Tbh I didn't realise Osimhen was that young, I thought he was around 27.

I would still be surprised by a £60m+ signing like (maybe a CM I could just about see).

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Tbh I didn't realise Osimhen was that young, I thought he was around 27.

I would still be surprised by a £60m+ signing like (maybe a CM I could just about see).

I wouldn’t. If a watched target is available and they can get him, they’ll pay. Hopefully working the deal to best suit FFP in our favour.

3 hours ago, loki679 said:

Osimhen

Paqueta

New Keeper

Sexy.

This is arousing

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

This is arousing

Osimhen

Paqueta

New Keeper

Sexy.

think this line up may call for a Bill Hicks SYOC moment! 

Spoiler

CA80D310-5BD6-455F-9B2D-78B052CE15CE.thumb.jpeg.6a62270a6e2a5563ac1786a9198b5492.jpeg

Osimhen

Paqueta

New Keeper

Sexy.

PHWOARRRRRRRRRR

Hopefully in the future we can snag a potential star earlier and spend less on future top players after they move to a club for half of what we will spend now. It’s why I like us taking this punt on Hugo versus buying him after he spends 2 years at another club. The Ashley era drove me nuts in that regard. 

Edited by Kanji

If Howe plans on going 3 at the back then we could get away with our current midfield and wingers imo, if we get Ekitike in and a LWB anyway.

Someone like Botman and a more mobile CB who's good on the ball would look pretty ballanced (Targett could possibly do well LCB too). Fill any missing holes in reserve with kids or cheap backup.

I'd probably prefer 4-3-3 but just bored.

ab1e75a3f41e.png

45 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If Howe plans on going 3 at the back then we could get away with our current midfield and wingers imo, if we get Ekitike in and a LWB anyway.

Someone like Botman and a more mobile CB who's good on the ball would look pretty ballanced (Targett could possibly do well LCB too). Fill any missing holes in reserve with kids or cheap backup.

I'd probably prefer 4-3-3 but just bored.

ab1e75a3f41e.png

Need to upgrade wide players. Ekitike should not come in with pressure and deliver at day one. Something we need because Almiron/Fraser/Murphy has a combined 3/4 goals tally. Priority position nr 1