More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Can anyobody tell me the origin story of Ando, like how he got a name on here in the first place?

Some good knowledge in the Bruce era, knew 2 days before he got the boot, knew team sheets and what was brewing before it hit the media. Been relatively quiet since takeover however.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Some good knowledge in the Bruce era, knew 2 days before he got the boot, knew team sheets and what was brewing before it hit the media. Been relatively quiet since takeover however.

Behave we all knew Spurs was Bruce’s last game. Was hardly a revelation.

no disrespect to Ando but he’s not really got much right apart from the team sheets imo. Soon see on

the Medicals 

Edited by gdm

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Has a player ever left an established league for a ‘money league’ for a couple of seasons, then returned as good, or better, than when they left?

Sure there are examples, but can’t think of any of the top of my head.

Think most leave when they're older, so it's not typical they come back to top leagues.

GeordieDazzler mentioned Carrassco, which is a great shout.

Regarding Perreira its just been one season, and he's still just 26 too, so I can't imagine he's too far gone or anything.

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

Has a player ever left an established league for a ‘money league’ for a couple of seasons, then returned as good, or better, than when they left?

Sure there are examples, but can’t think of any of the top of my head.

Witsel?

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Behave we all knew Spurs was Bruce’s last game. Was hardly a revelation.

no disrespect to Ando but he’s not really got much right apart from the team sheets imo. Soon see on

the Medicals 

This is what Ando said in December -Seems spot on to me:

The consortium want 5 or 6 ,they're not gonna mess about either,January is massive for the club and believe me they know this,we have some good people running the club...

2 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

This is what Ando said in December -Seems spot on to me:

The consortium want 5 or 6 ,they're not gonna mess about either,January is massive for the club and believe me they know this,we have some good people running the club...

Again is there a single person on here that didn’t think this was the case. I mean I could have said that. 

there are a few things he’s got wrong. Can’t be arsed looking them out. Like o say we’ll soon see if these Medicals materialise. Fair play if they do 

Ando is the closest thing we have to any info on this forum which doesn't come through the media. It's 9/10 stuff, which is highly accurate and more accurate than the actual media being leaked info from the club. People will remember the 1/10 though.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again is there a single person on here that didn’t think this was the case. I mean I could have said that. 

there are a few things he’s got wrong. Can’t be arsed looking them out. Like o say we’ll soon see if these Medicals materialise. Fair play if they do 

The only thing I can remember him not getting 100% right was when he said something along the lines of expect a surprise in the coming days. 

I think that was supposed to be about Jesse Lingard signing but Man Utd scuppered that deal on deadline day.

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

The only thing I can remember him not getting 100% right was when he said something along the lines of expect a surprise in the coming days. 

I think that was supposed to be about Jesse Lingard signing but Man Utd scuppered that deal on deadline day.

There was a ‘surprise name’ in the manager hunt. 

and a post saying a couple of deals were close in the botman thread suggesting that was gonna happen. 

as I say no disrespect to the guy. I hope he’s right. 

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

The reason I joined this forum was for takeover news, which I was completely obssessed with. I even retweeted all of Keiths letters to the Boris Johnson and Richard masters before I realised he was a whopper [emoji38]

Before I knew about this place I used to browse the mag and nufcblog.com. Haven't really been back on either of those since joing this forum.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Technically he was right about that. His reputation is such that when he said that, everybody expected a surprise. No surprise was a surprise.