More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

How much media do Leeds get in Barcelona?

I genuinely think there's a Brazilian tax akin to an English tax.

How do you know this? We've already been interested and bid for players and not met the asking price and walked away. The reports are suggesting that's another possibility here.

I'm not sure what PL coverage is like for that specific example but tbh it's just a generic point and tbf, it's the seller that get to value their player, not Barca. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t expect us to be the type of club long term who get involved in deadline day or even the last couple of days of the window. Not sure if that will apply this year or not.

It's looking like we'll do a lot of business in the last few weeks of the window at least.§

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It's looking like we'll do a lot of business in the last few weeks of the window at least.§

Yeah possibly this summer, but moving forward once we are more  settled, I don’t think we will get involved in it.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

I love Maddison and think a bid around £50-55m would be fair (although we all know that market doesn't work like that). But @The College Dropout you are bang out of order suggesting he's better than Raphinha ;) 

;) I would've preferred a Raph type. Out and out wide player. Can play a really intense style of football. I love that and I think it suits us. I like JM a lot but he's a bit of a luxury player and presents a tactical headache IMO.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We are already not well prepared for the season.

That's my core frustration. It's already not in a good place and some on here have their heads in the sand. Howe has used the same word.

Yes - it does look like we are "exploring options" but I prefer a more decisive transfer approach. Still links to Harrison but things seem to be progressing slowly if at all. Cornet - yeh we're measuring it up etc.

There's no reason for a 'decisive approach', there was in January.

Why pull the trigger on Cornet if they still believe they can get a higher priority target? 

;) I would've preferred a Raph type. Out and out wide player. Can play a really intense style of football. I love that and I think it suits us. I like JM a lot but he's a bit of a luxury player and presents a tactical headache IMO.

James Maddison has actually played in a variety of positions for Leicester. He's played on the right sided forward role and the right CM role in a 4-3-3. Also played as the right wing/forward and the number 10 in a 4-2-3-1

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

There's no reason for a 'decisive approach', there was in January.

Why pull the trigger on Cornet if they still believe they can get a higher priority target? 

Then go and get him.

Look at the best run clubs. They go after their priority targets. If they fail. They move on to the next - decisively. The best run clubs have done 90% of their business - we haven't sorted the priority positions.

We are moving like it's FM. Linked here, there and everywhere. Seemingly - not close to an agreement for anyone.

Not a shot at you. But I can say a simple thing like "well run clubs do their transfer business early. Are often decisive in their targets - move on or get transfers sealed". And someone will pop up and suggest it's perfectly normal to have a dozen targets for 2 positions in the side and to take time with 4 days until the season starts and 4 weeks until the window closes. Yet turn around and laugh at Chelsea - who are doing a similar thing except actually making serious bids.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Then go and get him.

Look at the best run clubs. They go after their priority targets. If they fail. They move on to the next - decisively. The best run clubs have done 90% of their business - we haven't sorted the priority positions.

We are moving like it's FM. Linked here, there and everywhere. Seemingly - not close to an agreement for anyone.

Man City with Cucurella haven’t in fairness and now look set to miss out. Top clubs find it easier normally as well because the player will push more for the move.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

James Maddison has actually played in a variety of positions for Leicester. He's played on the right sided forward role and the right CM role in a 4-3-3. Also played as the right wing/forward and the number 10 in a 4-2-3-1

Aye but he's naturally a 10. I like him at RAM/RF but he's not giving the athleticism or work rate you might want from that role (which you get from Raph, Richarlison). At RCM, it's defensively vulnerable. He's such ability he can do a lot but I think it brings its headaches tactically unless it's 10. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Man City with Cucurella haven’t in fairness and now look set to miss out. Top clubs find it easier normally as well because the player will push more for the move.

He's the last piece of the puzzle. and arguably doesn't start if everyone's fit. First choice would be Walker and Cancelo imo. Top clubs find it easier because they are more willing to pay the price or keep their paint dry.

Priority 1 - Striker - got him.

Priority 2 - Fernandinho replacement - got him.

Pep has said - he likes his squad. If no more bodies, he's happy (that's a lie). Howe can't even lie. He's said he's been frustrated by the market.

He's the last piece of the puzzle. and arguably doesn't start if everyone's fit. First choice would be Walker and Cancelo imo. Top clubs find it easier because they are more willing to pay the price or keep their paint dry.

Priority 1 - Striker - got him.

Priority 2 - Fernandinho replacement - got him.

Pep has said - he likes his squad. If no more bodies, he's happy (that's a lie). Howe can't even lie. He's said he's been frustrated by the market.

Haaland was an easy price to agree in fairness with the release clause.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Then go and get him.

There's a month left of the window though and transfers are complicated. There's plenty examples of the best run clubs being involved in drawn out 'sagas'.

Maddison is good with free kicks too. I want us to be a team that everyone fears fouling like the days when we had Robert, Solano and Shearer (who could wallop one in).

Edited by Skeletor

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Maddison is good with free kicks too. I want us to be a team that everyone fears fouling like the days when we had Robert, Solano and Shearer (who could wallop one in).

I remember Rafa I think going absolute mad at whoever fouled one of our players in an FA Cup game against LFC which Robert dully smashed in, he mentioned it as being a pet hate of his when our manager, knowing the opposition had the ability to deliver/score from set pieces. He said we were one of the most dangerous teams from set penises he’s ever encountered under Sir Bobby. I guess he didn’t want to give Big Sam and Bolton any credit given his dislike for the fat cunt!

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Those three were the set piece dream line up. Solano with the right foot, Robert with the left, and Shearer when you needed an exocet missile. Mind Robert could give them a good wallop as well.

Surprised Carlos Soler hasn't been linked with a move abroad this summer, 11 goals and 5 assists in La Liga and his contract expires next summer. Transfermarket values him at 45m

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Wonder if we go for another attacking midfielder if the Maddison deal doesn't happen 

It's a weird one, because I don't think his type of player was a priority. I'm thinking it's more a case of just buying the best players if and when they become available. A lot of us wanted to sign Paqueta for the same reason.

JMadz would be sublime. Think it's made more exciting that we'd taking a direct rivals best player.

Also in on the last page of austerity rumours. It's been emotional.

Edited by Pixelphish