More transfer rumours

midds

Getting any striker in before the weekend would just give everyone such a lift. Eyewateringly high price, if true, for such a young lad with so little experience, but that's the game. Hopefully he won't be the only one. Chris Wood be a cracking addition and give us that physicality, focal point and reliability in front of goal that we so desperately need. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Getting any striker in before the weekend would just give everyone such a lift. Eyewateringly high price, if true, for such a young lad with so little experience, but that's the game. Hopefully he won't be the only one. Chris Wood be a cracking addition and give us that physicality, focal point and reliability in front of goal that we so desperately need.

I'd feel more comfortable with Wood until the end of the season.

I don't get it, fans on social media turning their nose up at Wood are now turning their nose up at Ekitike, as though 15+ goal a season strikers in their prime, who are at clubs willing to sell, grow on trees.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't get it, fans on social media turning their nose up at Wood are now turning their nose up at Ekitike, as though 15+ goal a season strikers, who are at clubs willing to sell grow on trees.

I’d be happy with both. Wood on his own would be underwhelming tho 

Just watched a couple of YouTube videos of Ekitike (as you do) and he looks decent. Kinda gangly in his style of running and moving about but definitely had ability with the ball at his feet.

Would be a stretch to think he could move here at his age and just slot straight into the team though. We need someone else AND Ekitike.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Aye those 3 goals he scored is so reassuring 

That's 3 more PL goals than Ekitike.

I'd be happy with both btw just think it would be a huge step for the lad (who I know nothing about)

I'm definitely very hesitant of signing stick insects but you look at Joe in his Hoffenheim days and he was a bit of a rake as well. Even Lascelles bulked massively between 2015-17. 

Got to assume this lad has been identified as one for the future, despite the price tag. Worry about throwing lads like this into do-or-die games like Watford. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I'm definitely very hesitant of signing stick insects but you look at Joe in his Hoffenheim days and he was a bit of a rake as well. Even Lascelles bulked massively between 2015-17. 

Got to assume this lad has been identified as one for the future, despite the price tag. Worry about throwing lads like this into do-or-die games like Watford. 

True, but can go either way.  Players like him can be fearless.

Imagine the only way we're going to get a top proven striker atm is someone with an attitude problem or something like PEA. Otherwise we're looking at best at promising kids, risky people doing well in inferior leagues or someone of Wood's calibre. Wood doesn't get me pure buzzing, but I'll be happier going into the next 8 weeks with him.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Imagine the only way we're going to get a top proven striker atm is someone with an attitude problem or something like PEA. Otherwise we're looking at best at promising kids, risky people doing well in inferior leagues or someone of Wood's calibre. Wood doesn't get me pure buzzing, but I'll be happier going into the next 8 weeks with him.

Name 5 decent strikers out there atm who don't fall into these categories. 

There isn't much about