More transfer rumours

midds

Told that Yasir Al-Rumayyan made it clear to the management team that PIF are concerned with the way 'certain' things are being managed/controlled throughout the club on Saturday.

So much so plans on the evening had to be shelved.  Also told when Yasir Al-Rumayyan went in the changing room after the game it wasn’t a positive 'gee up' as has been said more of a 'must do better' message to the team.

Have any reliable journos mentioned anything about us targeting any specific players who aren't defenders so far?

Mentioned it in the other thread as well but it's a bit worrying if we are just focusing on the back 4 as most of the links seem to be

Definitely easy to be negative after the weekend and next weekend closing in. Given how long Trippier took it seems like we need to have someone new coming in tomorrow or Wednesday latest to play Saturday. As much as things have been drawn out things can equally move very quickly in the market too.

Striker is the only thing we absolutely need in before the weekend imo. If CB and DM take longer so be it.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

These past few days have been such a comedown after the positivity post-Man U & the Trippier signing. :lol: 

Hope we get some positive news in the next 48hrs from somewhere. 

It’s Saturdays defeat that has soured peoples mood. If we had won at the weekend, people would still be on a high and feeding on the rumours and links like last week. But that defeat has made some folk go all doom and gloom on everything. I still feel confident we will have at least one new face in before the weekend. It’s just a shame the shite result at the weekend has skewed some peoples thinking.

I think after x amount of years of these stupid transfer windows, it's just shown not to work. Clubs, even the top ones make terrible mistakes in the judgement of how players will fit into a side. Negotiations are rushed, smaller clubs don't have the capacity to operate multiple deals at the same time. The whole thing is unnecessary.

17 minutes ago, mofo said:

Told that Yasir Al-Rumayyan made it clear to the management team that PIF are concerned with the way 'certain' things are being managed/controlled throughout the club on Saturday.

So much so plans on the evening had to be shelved.  Also told when Yasir Al-Rumayyan went in the changing room after the game it wasn’t a positive 'gee up' as has been said more of a 'must do better' message to the team.

How would PIF have any idea about running or managing a football club, they are an investment firm. 

19 minutes ago, mofo said:

No offence, but this sounds like bullshit.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

No offence, but this sounds like bullshit.

Because it's negative?

The noise around Thursday and Friday versus the noise since 5pm on Saturday with the contrast in names leaking suggest there being an issue.

48 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Can someone enlighten me. (Please dont lump me in the impatient camp - just curious)

Why do the negotiations only start in January? eg: With Botman. Why could fee not have been negotiated during December so we can pounce in Jan? (or know we have to move to other targets and move on)

Are there some steps I am missing? 

People keep saying this and the answer is always the same - hardly any business gets 'set up' during December because clubs just don't want to negotiate in December - why would you when you don't know if you'll get injuries, what your league position will be etc. 

Just now, Sima said:

Because it's negative?

The noise around Thursday and Friday versus the noise since 5pm on Saturday with the contrast in names leaking suggest there being an issue.

I wouldn't be basing anything on the amount of names being leaked by the press, most of them know about as much as we do. Even so there have been plenty thrown around today.

Just now, Sima said:

Because it's negative?

It's just an easy rumour to start, without quoting any sources. So the way the team played in an fa cup game meant that plans were changed for the evening? What plans?

It's actually positive that PIF are concerned with how the club is being run anyway, not negative. I'm pleased they're concerned. Maybe they'll throw more money in to sort it.

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s Saturdays defeat that has soured peoples mood. If we had won at the weekend, people would still be on a high and feeding on the rumours and links like last week. But that defeat has made some folk go all doom and gloom on everything. I still feel confident we will have at least one new face in before the weekend. It’s just a shame the shite result at the weekend has skewed some peoples thinking.

One extreme to other with some though.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't be basing anything on the amount of names being leaked by the press, most of them know about as much as we do. Even so there have been plenty thrown around today.

All significantly of a lower standard than mooted at the back end of last week.

It's went deathly quiet on the two key centre-half targets (one all but confirmed to be staying at his club) and we've let a rumoured left back target slip through our fingers.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

It's just an easy rumour to start, without quoting any sources. So the way the team played in an fa cup game meant that plans were changed for the evening? What plans?

It's actually positive that PIF are concerned with how the club is being run anyway, not negative. I'm pleased they're concerned. Maybe they'll throw more money in to sort it.

Or maybe they'll just fuck it off completely.  No one knows.

Personally I obviously would have liked us to win. To me though, the only thing that counts is the Watford game and us staying up, and it's been like that since we played  ManU, or even longer. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I often get fed little bits from 2 people associated very closely with the club, I tend not to post most of it on here because you are instantly called a bullshitter. The stuff i do put on I only do so if I hear the same from both people.

It's probably worth remembering that for a really, really long time we've only ever been the club that's been desperately looking around for players to buy in January and never the club looking to stave off interest for our best players, because we always deliberately put them in the shop window. I don't think Januaries are like this for most other clubs. Even if we stay up this summer, it's going to take a lot to change our mindsets while there's (hopefully) a sea-change at the club. 

Edited by kisearch