More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Thought he was Palace bound?

Vieira likes him and I think has gone to meet him, but he’s also been interesting Arsenal, West Ham and Everton too. 

Edited by Manxst

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I'm not sure Henderson is that much better than Dubs, and i don't think the outlay improves the position enough to justify £30m plus (if that is the price).

Henderson is only 25 years old , with huge potential.

Already held the number 1 spot at Man united for a short period and has been in a number of England squads.

Great shot stopper and is better than dubravka with his feet.

He could be our number 1 for 10 years.

I think 20 million would do it.

All of the above is my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I'm not sure Henderson is that much better than Dubs, and i don't think the outlay improves the position enough to justify £30m plus (if that is the price).

Wood aside the have nailed every single transfer so far so I’m willing to believe they see something in him that will improve us

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I believe the price is closer to 20m or just under. He’s definitely better than Dubs, not in the top keepers in the world but we’re also not quite there yet. He’s a good fit for where we are now, Dubs needs real competition for that place, and if he loses it and can’t regain it, well that will settle the argument of who is better surely?

Just now, gdm said:

Wood aside the have nailed every single transfer so far so I’m willing to believe they see something in him that will improve us

...and even Wood I think we can cut them some slack considering the position we found ourselves in (desperate, running out of time and knowing we could trigger a release clause)

Re: Henderson - From what I can gather, the negotiation between us and Man Utd is whether its buy outright, loan with option to buy or loan with obligation to buy. I'd guess that the lower figures being mentioned (£15-20m) are for an outright purchase, loan with obligation would be higher, because Man Utd would rather have the money up-front?

I'm unconvinced by Henderson, he seems like a gamble. I don't consider the position a priority and he's on big wages. He has barely played for Man Utd and Sheffield Utd were a long ball team, so I'm not sure we know he's good with his feet.

Regarding Dean Henderson

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1657516-man-utd-dean-hendersons-brilliant-distribution-highlighted-in-video/amp

Not much to go on like but it's promising, we really need a keeper who can launch us on the break quickly. We're hamstrung trying to play a quick, counterpressing game if our keeper just lofts high balls out to the wings.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

16 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Henderson is only 25 years old , with huge potential.

Already held the number 1 spot at Man united for a short period

Aye, and lost his spot due to looking decidedly unconvincing. 

His ceiling is around probably around the same as Pickford's,  we should be aiming higher. 

To be honest, if his ceiling is Pickford’s then that’s a good sign. Pickford is actually a decent keeper, he just has major brain lapses at times because he’s so manic. Pickford played a huge part in keeping Everton up 

6 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Aye, and lost his spot due to looking decidedly unconvincing. 

His ceiling is around probably around the same as Pickford's,  we should be aiming higher. 

To be fair I would be happy with that level 

Don’t get much higher than England’s number 1 

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

To be fair I would be happy with that level 

Don’t get much higher than England’s number 1 

Being number 1 for a country that has good keepers would be better.

Like most, I haven't been impressed with Henderson when I've watched him, but there are enough people who have watched far more than I have with a higher opinion of him. Fine with the signing, especially if it's a loan to start out.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Don't really want Sarr tbh, hasn't impressed me when I've seen him. 

I would obviously prefer Diaby (as he is good enough for a champions league club) and we might not have to upgrade 

Sarr - would be a good signing short term to get us to the next level (and with Howe in charge) I could see him having a decent impact if our next aim is 7th / 8th 

He was being raved about for a while until Watford hit a brick wall