More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, gdm said:

Playing devils advocate. Not really. He said we have around £40m left and we haven’t bid more than that yet and there’s nothing to say it’ll be Maddison & Harrison 

He started off the summer saying we had about £50m to spend (which we've already surpassed).

1 minute ago, 54 said:

This may be a stupid question, but why would some random French journalist be the first to break a transfer being rejected between two English clubs, for an English player? :lol:

Might have heard something on the agent WhatsApp group 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He started off the summer saying we had about £50m to spend (which we've already surpassed).

Yes I know. I’m not talking specifically about him tho. Him, hope, Douglas & Waugh have all said we have around £40m left and they’ll be targeting a loan. 

tbh personally I don’t have a fuckin clue what’s happening and happy to wait and see now. I do find it strange (unless I’ve missed) we haven’t bid any more than £40m for any one yet and let’s be honest £40m for Maddison or Barnes is strangely low 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

This may be a stupid question, but why would some random French journalist be the first to break a transfer being rejected between two English clubs, for an English player? :lol:

Do agents work as part of larger agencies rather than independently? If so, maybe there are French agents working at the same agency that got wind of info and shared it?

Back to the old why pay 35 million for such and such if you can spend an extra 15 million on such and such in my head

I've also just accepted I've got nee idea what's happening so best off waiting and seeing

Just now, gdm said:

Yes I know. I’m not talking specifically about him tho. Him, hope, Douglas & Waugh have all said we have around £40m left and they’ll be targeting a loan. 

tbh personally I don’t have a fuckin clue what’s happening and happy to wait and see now. I do find it strange (unless I’ve missed) we haven’t bid any more than £40m for any one yet and let’s be honest £40m for Maddison or Barnes is strangely low 

Tbh, I don't think £40m is that low for Barnes but is a bit off for Maddison who I'd say is in the 50-60 bracket. We got Bruno who is an absolutely outstanding footballer for ~40. 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Tbh, I don't think £40m is that low for Barnes but is a bit off for Maddison who I'd say is in the 50-60 bracket. We got Bruno who is an absolutely outstanding footballer for ~40. 

I’m talking about after the stories of the £40m left came out. I know what Bruno cost. Barnes imo and obviously in Leicester’s opinion is easily worth more than £40m 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Both Barnes and Maddison are worth £50m+

When the likes of Ben White are going for £50m you know you're going to have to pay more for English goalscorers/creators.

Depends on contract length that’s left, plus state of the selling clubs finances, as well as if the player will agitate for a move. Sterling (and Jesus both) moved for less than £50m.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Depends on contract length that’s left, plus state of the selling clubs finances, as well as if the player will agitate for a move. Sterling (and Jesus both) moved for less than £50m.

True, but both have 2 years left don't they? Both Sterling and Jesus were out of contract next year.

Just now, Shearergol said:

True, but both have 2 years left don't they? Both Sterling and Jesus were out of contract next year.

Aye, 2024 for both. They're at the peak of what they'll be able to attract fee-wise right now, which is why I think both clubs are open to selling. It's only downhill from here unless they're confident they'd sign a new contract.

Aye, the amount of data and manpower we'll be putting to use to determine transfer valuations is way, way beyond most people's individual capacity to judge a fee and decide whether they're happy or sad with what we've offered or paid.

I think it's a very different window to January and it's already abundantly clear that we won't do deals where the valuation of the club is way beyond the range we've come up with internally. That might change as we get deeper into it, of course, but it's going to be a fun ride watching it all unfold.

At least two more signings for me, likely a third on loan, and towards £100M being spent.

38 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Not to give any credence to Edwards but he’s since revised that to 90 odd million.

Edited by McCormick

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, 2024 for both. They're at the peak of what they'll be able to attract fee-wise right now, which is why I think both clubs are open to selling. It's only downhill from here unless they're confident they'd sign a new contract.

My fear isn't the transfer fee, it's the ability to attract them to the club at the moment, particularly as we're (rightly) not going stupid on wages.

If they're both serious about playing for England I think we'd be a good option for them though. Guaranteed game time and a real chance to prove how good they are.

I'm very surprised that Barnes' Liverpool links haven't come up again. I swear Klopp was desperate to sign him 2 years ago?

Edited by Shearergol

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, the amount of data and manpower we'll be putting to use to determine transfer valuations is way, way beyond most people's individual capacity to judge a fee and decide whether they're happy or sad with what we've offered or paid.

I think it's a very different window to January and it's already abundantly clear that we won't do deals where the valuation of the club is way beyond the range we've come up with internally. That might change as we get deeper into it, of course, but it's going to be a fun ride watching it all unfold.

At least two more signings for me, likely a third on loan, and towards £100M being spent.

I agree, but then it makes me think they ran said data on a potato for the Wood calculations