Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

If I ever get a nurse stripper again I'm making sure she is triple vaxxed after the revelations in here.

Edit: New page sexual deviant.

Like Wood though, you'll have very few chances to score.

50 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Not being able to be employed without being injected is the very definition of coercion. In no other walk of life is it legal to discriminate against anyone from being hired based on their medical status. An employer shouldn’t even be asking your fucking vaccination status. 

There are loads of jobs that require people to pass a medical for employment.

Other than the fact that it's his own choice to leave himself at 10x or higher risk of becoming severely ill with covid, and higher risk of passing on to his teammates, how is it different to not signing a Demba Ba because his knee could explode at any time?

Edited by Jackie Broon

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

There are loads of jobs that require people to pass a medical for employment.

Other than the fact that it's his own choice to leave himself and 10x or higher risk of becoming severely ill with covid, and higher risk of passing on to his teammates, how is it different to not signing a Demba Ba because his knee could explode at any time?

I know you’re coming from a genuine place of concern, but this forum is literally one of my few places of escape from the constant covid debates, political insanity and outright state of governmental fascism in my home country of Canada right now. 

So while I’d love to go back and forth sending articles and studies showing statistically-negligible rates of transmission between the vaxxed and unvaxxed, and/or the latest data coming out of Israel showing waning efficacy of 4 shots after 6 months, etc., I don’t think I want to continue this on this website any longer. Others are free to take up the mantle. 

I would rather go back to the state of bliss that football provides — especially as it has only just returned to this state after 14 years of hell.

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I know you’re coming from a genuine place of concern, but this forum is literally one of my few places of escape from the constant covid debates, political insanity and outright state of governmental fascism in my home country of Canada right now. 

So while I’d love to go back and forth sending articles and studies showing statistically-negligible rates of transmission between the vaxxed and unvaxxed, and/or the latest data coming out of Israel showing waning efficacy of 4 shots after 6 months, etc., I don’t think I want to continue this on this website any longer. Others are free to take up the mantle. 

I would rather go back to the state of bliss that football provides — especially as it has only just returned to this state after 14 years of hell.

Bs. Take this crap to some other forum. I am so sick of fucking plague rats complaining about "fascism". You want to talk about football, talk sbout football. You want to air greivances, fuck off.

5 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

I personally think he's pretty weak for a guy of his size, similar to how Joselu was, and that the aerial duel stat covers up some really bad general play.

More and more convinced CAA Base just told us his release clause after we signed Trippier and we just hit the panic button after Cambridge. 

Joselu is/ was superior to Wood

2 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

“Plague rats.” Wow.

Eat shit and die, asshole. I didn’t even bring it up. 

Read more books and spend less time on Facebook. You’d do yourself a world of good. A good first step would be logging off here. 

And there goes my tranquility :) Deleted the post where my emotive response to being called a “plague rat,” while warranted (imo), just has no place here. Apologies for that. Imagine being called a plague rat while being fully vaccinated :lol: 

11 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Eh? You're the one who involved yourself in a discussion about covid vaccination.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Just my opinion but I'm bemused, a tad, why some people are on such a downer for him. It's clear what went on with his signing. Call it a panic buy if you want but, with Wilson out, all we had was Gayle. 

They went out and bought a striker that, if they paid the release fee, the purchase of couldn't be blocked. Simple as. With him "in the bank" so to speak they spent the rest of the window trying to upgrade. Knowing full well, given all the obstacles, that buying a top striker would be difficult. It proved so.

Fair play to them. Fair play to him because he's honest and realistic. 

Even read on here someone saying we're unbeaten "in spite of Wood" :doh:

I'm not on a downer for him, I just think he's shite. It's not his fault and the transfer fee isn't his fault either. He'd still be shite if we paid £500k for him, or £80m. People on here post all the time about players being shite; Krafth, Almiron, Shelvey, Clark etc, but nobody seems to have an issue with that? 

It is a bit pointless now though, he's the only realistic choice to play until Wilson is fit again. I just find it a bizarre transfer, but hopefully when we're established as a premier league club these bizarre transfers won't happen anymore.

31 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Read more books and spend less time on Facebook. You’d do yourself a world of good. A good first step would be logging off here. 

The pandemic actually was awesome to get me back to reading. Finished around 6 books last year. Currently reading On Liberty by John Stuart Mill. Ahead of its time, and I’m finding it’s quite ahead of today’s time as well. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm not on a downer for him, I just think he's shite. It's not his fault and the transfer fee isn't his fault either. He'd still be shite if we paid £500k for him, or £80m. People on here post all the time about players being shite; Krafth, Almiron, Shelvey, Clark etc, but nobody seems to have an issue with that? 

It is a bit pointless now though, he's the only realistic choice to play until Wilson is fit again. I just find it a bizarre transfer, but hopefully when we're established as a premier league club these bizarre transfers won't happen anymore.

Spanked at home off Cambridge and the club hit the panic button trying to get someone in before the Watford game. No club was willingly selling any strikers so it was either plod on with ASM/Gayle up top on their own or trigger Wood's release clause.

I've no idea if he is gash or if he's just playing gash. 10+ goals last 4 seasons running would suggest he's got a bit about him - that being said we don't seem to be hoofing it into the box as much as Burnley do. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Spanked at home off Cambridge and the club hit the panic button trying to get someone in before the Watford game. No club was willingly selling any strikers so it was either plod on with ASM/Gayle up top on their own or trigger Wood's release clause.

I've no idea if he is gash or if he's just playing gash. 10+ goals last 4 seasons running would suggest he's got a bit about him - that being said we don't seem to be hoofing it into the box as much as Burnley do. 

Can’t be sure but haven’t a lot of his goals come in streaks of braces/hat-tricks?

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He isn't playing gash though he's performed well since he came in he just hasn't scored. Hasn't had that many chances too either. Honestly think he's played a big part of our recent success give our full attack shape and allowed the likes of Fraser and Maxi to get involved more.

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Can’t be sure but haven’t a lot of his goals come in streaks of braces/hat-tricks?

I hope so!

What I found interesting against West Ham was Wood wanted to run in behind off the last shoulder a few times when Murphy had the ball, but Murphy would check back, play with Big Joe and Targett, then a laboured cross would go in later. 

As crazy as it sounds, I think we need to treat Wood like Bellamy on the last shoulder. It’s what he wants (has to be well-timed through balls as he has no pace at all!)

Edited by greydos

12 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

He isn't playing gash though he's performed well since he came in he just hasn't scored. Hasn't had that many chances too either. Honestly think he's played a big part of our recent success give our full attack shape and allowed the likes of Fraser and Maxi to get involved more.

Totally agree

29 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

What's he performed well at? Holding the ball up? Passing? Or is it simply getting defenders to mark him to allow our other players to run into space? Genuine question btw, I'm wondering what I'm not seeing.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I totally agree mate. I remember Wood when he was at Leeds and he was class, but he hasn't been prolific or that same player for a long time.

The one thing i did expect him to be was a physical beast, similar to Joelinton/Carroll but he seems to lack physical presence and the ability to hold the ball up well, so what is he bringing to the table? 

Wout Weghorst looks to be a hell of a lot better than Wood and he cost less as well. It feels like we've been had

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

What's he performed well at? Holding the ball up? Passing? Or is it simply getting defenders to mark him to allow our other players to run into space? Genuine question btw, I'm wondering what I'm not seeing.

In his first two games (haven’t looked since)  he won the most headers of anyone in the league. Sounds insignificant but it definitely helps us get further up the pitch.

Just now, SteV said:

In his first two games (haven’t looked since)  he won the most headers of anyone in the league. Sounds insignificant but it definitely helps us get further up the pitch.

How many of them reached our players? Does that stat exist?

In isolation, we clearly have been had at £25 million for such a limited player. This seems to be the view across the football world also.

In the grand scheme of things though, if we are still a PL club in the summer, it becomes pretty much irrelevant.

He wins headers and occupies defenders and allows our other players to get on the ball, but his touch has been pretty bad, his knock-ons haven't been very effective, and he looks like he could play all year without scoring a goal or even testing a goalkeeper. I don't think it's harsh to say he needs to do better individually.