Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

2 hours ago, IlseKoch said:

Few games in within the Steve Bruce tenure...Stan's calling it accurate. Also calls out the rest of the Steve's. 

Collymore is a Geordie.

Thank you for that.  Pretty refreshing to hear someone lay into the old boys network

Wished we had Wilson up top with Wood. Something that we lacked earlier this season was us hoofing balls upto Wilson with no chance of him getting onto it. Wood won't get in behind defenders or have a one on one with the keeper but if he just give defenders something to think about and just unsettles the defenders, it will create an opening for the likes of Fraser and ASM to take advantage of.

Edited by nufcjb

Due to Wilsons injury he was brought in as an emergency striker during what was a manic and chaotic transfer window. We were desperate at the time. I'm convinced Eddie Howe and the owners made the right call - he will do a job for us this season until Wilson is back. I doubt either will be first choice next season.

I get the reasons why we bought him in, at the time I understood it, even though I was shocked at the £25m price we paid. The logic was that there was no strikers available in January, and that we were weakening a rival. At the moment though, neither of those look true. Blackburn signed Weghorst as a replacement, and they look better for it.

Wood can turn it round, but he really needs a goal or two. He's a hard worker, so he's got that in his locker, presses really well from the front, but with his hold up play being poor, there has to be goals for him to make a real difference.

28 minutes ago, TRon said:

I get the reasons why we bought him in, at the time I understood it, even though I was shocked at the £25m price we paid. The logic was that there was no strikers available in January, and that we were weakening a rival. At the moment though, neither of those look true. Blackburn signed Weghorst as a replacement, and they look better for it.

Wood can turn it round, but he really needs a goal or two. He's a hard worker, so he's got that in his locker, presses really well from the front, but with his hold up play being poor, there has to be goals for him to make a real difference.

Hope to god we finish higher than Blackburn as that would be a bad end to our season.

47 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think he’ll get a goal eventually but he needs it one for confidence. Ian Wright did some good analysis of him on MOTD and to be fair he could be doing better in certain situations holding the ball up etc but our balls into him were generally pants today. Brentford feels like an ideal match for him to score for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Thought yesterday was his worst game so far. Offered nowt. 

Dawson and Zouma are two of the most aerially dominant CBs in the league. He was always going to struggle.

I agree he was poor yesterday and ideally you would've had someone who had pace to run in behind West Ham but unfortunately we don't have that luxury to pick and choose a different striker for different games. The last few games of the season will be very interesting if Wilson gets back into the squad.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean he's shite, let's be honest, but looking at Targett and Burn you can see the see the reasoning behind it. 

I got bollocked for saying that, even though its patently obvious, however he's all we have so I hope he can net at some point soon.

Edited by Geordiebri
Spelling

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant believe burnley bought weighorst who's scored 1 in 4 and got them 5 points 😡

Not sure how you can equate him scoring 1 goal in 4 matches is him single handedly getting them 5 points. If Wood had scored 1 goal I'm his 5 games here would you say he was solely responsible for us picking up 11 points in those games?

The time has gone for us to be worrying about Burnley. Those 3 can fight amongst themselves for who finishes top of the relegation places.