Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

I have no said that btw :lol:  Just that he came onto a game looking a little undercooked compared to the last game when he was flying about.

We were winning 3-1 in the last game and hanging on to a 1-0 lead in this one, I imagine he was sent on with totally different instructions.

Guest Biggsbond14

Some of the comments should be on Twitter , being written off for pace etc “ good enough for Brazil but not us” get a fucking grip embarrassing stuff. No need for him to be thrust straight in we have a winning team and will start very soon geez ? 

5 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I'm genuinely baffled about the pace thing, can anyone explain how they came to this conclusion?

Yeah, it is like part from watching him to try to get into decent pressing positions and part thinking what it can be like to come into a tight game when the opposition team are playing at a really high tempo.  You hear about players needing to get into the rhythm of a game and sometimes that can be easy, like say against Everton when we had a comfy lead and their players were really stodgy, then say today when Villa were hitting quick passes and still charging on.  It is not a criticism of him in any way.  Just that in the context of today's game, he was a little behind the pace of the play.  There was a bit where he went pressing high up the pitch, but was like 5 yards away from any meaningful position on each press.  Nothing against him at all, just that can happen when you have sat on your arse for 90 minutes and then been told to get on and you really want to make an impact, but end up wasting your energy.  It was a really throw away minor thing that is getting blown out of proportion.  If you carry on reading my post, you see that I point out that he nailed every single in possession play he had.  Was just off the ball, he wasn't quite on it given the difficult circumstances.

Edited by David Edgar

Can´t blame eddie for staying with the same midfield, if, as it seems, bruno is going to occupy willock´s position, it will be hard for him to displace him. If willock gets a goal he will be on fire again, he is getting great late runs in on goal and it´s just a matter of time, probably needs bruno´s through balls to help him out.

Shelvey had a very good game today, even tracked his runners, so i cab´t fault him at all.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Can´t blame eddie for staying with the same midfield, if, as it seems, bruno is going to occupy willock´s position, it will be hard for him to displace him. If willock gets a goal he will be on fire again, he is getting great late runs in on goal and it´s just a matter of time, probably needs bruno´s through balls to help him out.

Shelvey had a very good game today, even tracked his runners, so i cab´t fault him at all.

He should start against West Ham Wilocks performance wasn't that good today to keep a 40million signing out of the team. Not saying he was bad mind.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

He should start against West Ham Wilocks performance wasn't that good today to keep a 40million signing out of the team. Not saying he was bad mind.

Willock had a great first half?  Best he's had in months.

I reckon we see the same midfield 3 again against West Ham.  They kinda deserve it and I get the argument for allowing Bruno to get up to speed.

Edited by David Edgar

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Price is irrelevant if someone is playing well.  A change will come, whether that be form, injury, formation, suspension etc, but it’s not deserved right now to drop any of the midfield three. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Willock had a great first half?  Best he's had in months.

I reckon we see the same midfield 3 again against West Ham.  They kinda deserve it and I get the argument for allowing Bruno to get up to speed.

Think great first half is pushing it like.

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Yeah, it is like part from watching him to try to get into decent pressing positions and part thinking what it can be like to come into a tight game when the opposition team are playing at a really high tempo.  You hear about players needing to get into the rhythm of a game and sometimes that can be easy, like say against Everton when we had a comfy lead and their players were really stodgy, then say today when Villa were hitting quick passes and still charging on.  It is not a criticism of him in any way.  Just that in the context of today's game, he was a little behind the pace of the play.  There was a bit where he went pressing high up the pitch, but was like 5 yards away from any meaningful position on each press.  Nothing against him at all, just that can happen when you have sat on your arse for 90 minutes and then been told to get on and you really want to make an impact, but end up wasting your energy.  It was a really throw away minor thing that is getting blown out of proportion.  If you carry on reading my post, you see that I point out that he nailed every single in possession play he had.  Was just off the ball, he wasn't quite on it given the difficult circumstances.

I get your point, however my take on it is that he was the only player that was pressing the ball in those situations, and it will be easy for the Villa players to pass and keep him 5 yards away no matter how fast or on the pace he would be.

Like going on a blind date and just before you've said a word the girl across the floor you're meeting up with screams fuck off ya cunt. You're an asshole. 

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Price is irrelevant if someone is playing well.  A change will come, whether that be form, injury, formation, suspension etc, but it’s not deserved right now to drop any of the midfield three. 

Wilock hasn't been anything special though, he's been poor most of the season and although he has improved lately he's hardly setting the place alight is he. I mentioned the price because it it does give an indication that we rate him higher than Joe Wilock.

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

I am surprised to read this. Bruno is leagues ahead of Willock in every possible way. 

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wilock hasn't been anything special though, he's been poor most of the season and although he has improved lately he's hardly setting the place alight is he. I mentioned the price because it it does give an indication that we rate him higher than Joe Wilock.

Price means that’s what we bought him for, and what he was sold for, not how much we rate him. See Trippier for £12m and Wood for £25m. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll see a change soon, but that’s simply because someone will need a break, otherwise why change a winning team just for the sake of it? 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Price means that’s what we bought him for, and what he was sold for, not how much we rate him. See Trippier for £12m and Wood for £25m. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll see a change soon, but that’s simply because someone will need a break, otherwise why change a winning team just for the sake of it? 

It isn't just for the sake of it, its because we have a better player on the bench. For the sake of it would be swapping two players of similar skill or class. We play West Ham next who are a lot better than Everton and Villa we need all the quality we have on the pitch.

It’s crap man management to drop someone who is playing well and doing the job asked of him in a team that’s just picked up 6 points in the last week. Willock has been really good recently. Bruno will get a chance. Calm the fuck down.