Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

Just now, christ said:

It’s crap man management to drop someone who is playing well and doing the job asked of him in a team that’s just picked up 6 points in the last week. Willock has been really good recently. Bruno will get a chance. Calm the fuck down.

I'm perfectly calm i just don't agree with that argument ?

I think Howe has been blessed by the fact we've won games so the necessity to throw him in isn't there. 

I think introducing him slowly is a solid approach for now. Jurgen Klopp has done similar in the past wit the likes of Andy Robertson and it does tend to benefit them in the long run. If he was an attacker I'd say throw him in, but given the responsibility and importance a CM carries with team structure I think it's smart to let him bed in and learn the system.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It isn't just for the sake of it, its because we have a better player on the bench. For the sake of it would be swapping two players of similar skill or class. We play West Ham next who are a lot better than Everton and Villa we need all the quality we have on the pitch.

If we go by your argument about price, we should drop Shelvey (£12m was it?) rather than Willock at £25m, surely? And Big Joe at £40m would never get dropped! No…because we have to pick the best for the team, and at the moment, Howe believes the current three are a better choice than throwing Bruno in. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

If we go by your argument about price, we should drop Shelvey (£12m was it?) rather than Willock at £25m, surely? And Big Joe at £40m would never get dropped! No…because we have to pick the best for the team, and at the moment, Howe believes the current three are a better choice than throwing Bruno in. 

The argument wasn't really about the price I said because he was a better player you've just jumped on the price thing and made a bigger point of it than I meant. I think he's head and shoulders above Joe Wilock and think you should pick your best players to win the next game and upsetting some one is unfortunate but the team comes first.

Guest Biggsbond14
16 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

The argument wasn't really about the price I said because he was a better player you've just jumped on the price thing and made a bigger point of it than I meant. I think he's head and shoulders above Joe Wilock and think you should pick your best players to win the next game and upsetting some one is unfortunate but the team comes first.

Did we lose today em no so it’s irrelevant 

Have no opinion of him whatsoever just yet because we've literally only see him play a barely combined total of 12 mins... 

Let him play a half of football first never mind a game.. 

Edited by Amir_9

21 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Let's just discuss nothing then eh and never have a different opinion sounds a great forum that. 

We’ve picked up six points out of six man. It’s a ridiculous point of discussion. I don’t know what you expect people to say?

1 minute ago, christ said:

We’ve picked up six points out of six man. It’s a ridiculous point of discussion. I don’t know what you expect people to say?

And I'm over the moon, I said I'd put him in on Saturday because I want our run to continue and the best way to do that is by having our best players on the pitch. Not sure why everyone's being so defensive tbh.

Guest Biggsbond14

I'm talking about West Ham on Saturday , we were lucky to win today and could easily have gone differently though.

Lucky to win ? a offside rightly overruled and did dubs have to make a serious save ? 
villa were awful as a attacking force imho 

And I'm over the moon, I said I'd put him in on Saturday because I want our run to continue and the best way to do that is by having our best players on the pitch. Not sure why everyone's being so defensive tbh.

I dont think anyone's being defensive, it's just that you're making a shit point. 

Our best team is the one that's winning on the field, not on paper. 

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

He basically sat, for the majority of the game, on a cold bench in the wet weather. I'd have ceased up :lol: 

Did he have much of a warm-up before coming on? 

He was warming up for at least 20 minutes, kept staring at Howe ?

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

I dont think anyone's being defensive, it's just that you're making a shit point. 

I think we are more likely to win against West Ham with Bruno Guimarães the Brazilian international starting than with Joe Wilock who's been bang average all season.

Guest Biggsbond14
3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Second half was shocking let's be honest we were all over the place at times. Villa were poor though.

Due to enforced changes in defence I get your point and maybe we should give credit to the players for actually fighting for a manager unlike the idiot we got shot of 

1 minute ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Due to enforced changes in defence I get your point and maybe we should give credit to the players for actually fighting for a manager unlike the idiot we got shot of 

I have give them credit in the match thread said the attitude was brilliant.

33 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I am not sure if you are serious. Based on that logic, Chris Wood is one of the best strikers we have had in years since he was on pitch when we had one of our best runs. 

I'm gonna drop the bomb, he never was the paciest player and probably never will be, I told you guys that the EPL transition will take some time, since the tempo of the league is high every single game and he never played at that level outside the UCL. 

Let him adapt, Howe is doing the right thing, he probably would have come in a lot sooner today if those injuries hadn't happened.

Like some people here said, he will play, give EH time, he seems to know what he's doing and most importantly, looks like he has the locker room in his hands, that's one of the best traits a manager can have, if he loses that you guys will go back to a poor run even with all the signings

Edited by JNK

1 minute ago, JNK said:

I'm gonna drop the bomb, he never was the paciest player and probably never will be, I told you guys that the EPL transition will take some time, since the tempo of the league is high every single game and he never played at that level outside the UCL. 

Let him adapt, Howe is doing the right thing, he probably would have come in a lot sooner today if those injuries hadn't happened.

Like some people here said, he will play, give EH time, he seems to know what he's doing and most importantly, looks like he has the locker room in his hands, that's one of the best traits a manager can have, if he loses that you guys will go back to a poor run even with all the signings

:clap: