Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

If his release clause is about £100m then that is a big worry. Clubs will easily pay that if he has another good season. It’ll be good for our FFP but I thought if it was gonna be there it’d be higher. 

100 million would be an excellent price for him though. Also disagree that clubs will easily pay it tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

If his release clause is about £100m then that is a big worry. Clubs will easily pay that if he has another good season. It’ll be good for our FFP but I thought if it was gonna be there it’d be higher. 

I agree. We aren't setting out to be Brighton, if there has to be a release clause it should at least be just shy of a "fuck off" price. 

I know it's what NO does best, but it's pointless worrying about the release clause when i) Bruno has to agree to any move ii) we don't know what the finer detail are, I'd be amazed if it's just a flat release clause without any stipulations.

Couldn’t care less about the release clause, basically all top players have them now. In terms of the value and it being shared, not going to worry about that until transfer season but I’m fairly sure we won’t have sold ourselves short and it will be a decent amount over £100m. Either way, let’s hope he’s still here in a few years and helping us fight for titles 

43 minutes ago, Decky said:

Its really not. 

25 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Its really not. 

When it comes to keeping hold of Bruno it is because we’ve seen this summer that clubs will pay it. I’m sure we’ll replace him alright but it’d be a shame to see him go.

It's crazy to say but £100m is a tad low.

If Nunes is £50m after that season with Wolves. Havertz £60m. Rice and Caicedo £110m. £100m... is just a bit too fair. I hope we're a level above West Ham, so that £100m won't go so far for us.

I read somewhere we're doing the City "no unhappy faces" approach. So with that in mind it makes sense.

I never want to see him leave. But if/when he does i hope its to RM or similar. Not to fucking Liverpool or Chelsea to name two. Hopefully the clause is for teams outside of our league.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Would the £100M be upfront or in instalments? 

Could his increase in wages be used to pay for his own release clause? 

Perhaps Schar will pay it so he can finally play in his preferred DM position?

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

Would the £100M be upfront or in instalments? 

Could his increase in wages be used to pay for his own release clause? 

The first point doesn't really matter to us. For FFP it's all counted upfront and we don't need the actual cash.

Instalments might make it easier for the buying club to afford him though.

Hell be 26 by the time he's got the first real opportunity to leave for MINIMUM £100M. The clause could well be anywhere between £100M/£110M, it doesn't actually say. 

If he leaves next summer for that price I'd be alright with that. I'd not be happy to see him go but I'd be content it and certainly be confident we'd replace him adequately. 

Firstly a club would have to approach Bruno and his entourage to see if it's worth their time activating the release clause. He isn't going to fuck off to the first club willing to stump up the cash.

Secondly, the clause might not be active next season and it might not be active to every club. It could have time, finishing position and buying club particulars in there. It might also be a flat upfront fee which would eliminate a lot of clubs.

So many ifs, buts and maybes it isn't worth losing any sleep over.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Firstly a club would have to approach Bruno and his entourage to see if it's worth their time activating the release clause. He isn't going to fuck off to the first club willing to stump up the cash.

Secondly, the clause might not be active next season and it might not be active to every club. It could have time, finishing position and buying club particulars in there. It might also be a flat upfront fee which would eliminate a lot of clubs.

So many ifs, buts and maybes it isn't worth losing any sleep over.

He loves us. Enjoy him :indi:

£100m is a fair valuation for all parties. More than happy with this deal. 

We are never going to be the de facto destination for most players, like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc are. This is part of football. 

We have needed to get much better at selling players at the right time.

The clause may £100m but that is the starting price I believe, so that's the minimum bid we are willing to take and if PSG offered £110m and Madrid came in at £130m then the £100m is meaningless, someone no doubt will put me right.

2 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

The clause may £100m but that is the starting price I believe, so that's the minimum bid we are willing to take and if PSG offered £110m and Madrid came in at £130m then the £100m is meaningless, someone no doubt will put me right.

Nah, if a club bids the cause and he wants to leave theres nothing the club can do.