Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I'm convinced he'll still be here, but it's pointless getting concerned about it. If a club activates the clause then there is nothing we can do about it. Fortunately there is a deadline, so either way it's not going to run all summer 

Genuine question, if he does go, and I have an awful feeling he will, who even comes close to him in terms of ability to replace him? For those who watch a lot of overseas games...

8 minutes ago, Magpie said:

City prepared to listen to bids for Nunes, that could be them making space....

He’s been gash mind.

4 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Genuine question, if he does go, and I have an awful feeling he will, who even comes close to him in terms of ability to replace him? For those who watch a lot of overseas games...

Ederson from Atlanta?

1 hour ago, NSG said:

If he goes, he goes. As much as I love the bloke and would want him to stay for his whole career, I trust we’d be able to more than ably replace him with the money received.

I rate our recruitment team highly, but I think if you have that much confidence that Bruno can be so easily replaced then you are guilty of seriously underrating him.

43 minutes ago, Vaj said:

You would hope so but almost double your wages, guaranteed champions league football and almost guaranteed trophies. Joelinton would only be living a few hours away. I think we are deluding ourselves if we think that Bruno wouldn’t go to Man City and you can’t really blame him 

This^

We can only hope the PL get round to the 115 charges and relegate them to League Two where they belong.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Ederson from Atlanta?

Different player, Ederson looks a typical defensive midfielder, biggest attribute ball winning and fairly decent in the slide tackle, Bruno is a complete midfielder, ill dare say he's the best we've ever had in my time, right now nobody comes close, Cabaye was a pretty decent all rounder, but Bruno I've got ahead of Speed,Lee, and Cabaye.

Finding a replacement will cost you close to what his release is, and I don't believe anyone comes in and makes the impact he does.

I cant think of any player similar, he's unique. 

Nicolo Barella would be the choice, but then you're going to break the bank.

Incredible player.

Edited by mighty__mag

6 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Look if Bruno goes because that clause has been activated then you can guarantee that we have planned for it. 

we already have - Tonali

3 minutes ago, duo said:

This^

We can only hope the PL get round to the 115 charges and relegate them to League Two where they belong.

He’ll go if we accept an offer or if the release clause is activated and he decides the move is right. He hasn’t extended his rental in Darras as he doesn’t know where he’ll be. All things being equal, he wants to stay for at least another season.

If he does leave, I’d be all over MGW in the hope he can perform regularly like he did up here at Christmas. He out Bruno’d Bruno that day.

Only way to sort this is for Bruno to come out and give daily reassurances that he's staying, anything less and he might as well have been spitting on the badge at Brentford.

1 minute ago, Maggies said:

Another Ashworth masterclass! Bloody idiot.

It was largely reported that Staveley took over the negotiations for his next contract 

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Bruno went, we'd probably have to somewhat change the way we play, he's a but of unicorn in what he does.

I’d go for an actual number 6 and then a top class 8.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d go for an actual number 6 and then a top class 8.

I think this is how we'll have to go, and why we need to keep Bruno. We'll basically need to reshape the whole midfield.

Always thought if we'd sell Bruno, we'd need 2 midfielders to improve on what we currently have with him, 1 replacement just wouldn't be a step forward as Bruno is so good and unique, unless it was a Cammavinga or something, which we couldn't do