Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Hope so mate

Time will tell, but I honestly think he will give it one more season and see where we are after that. Without the crazy injuries we had we would be UCL no doubt. He knows that. Mad bastard wears his heart on his sleeve. It’s a love affair for him and a reciprocated one with the fans. It’s not just about football (his whole family too) I’m not deluded but I’d be stunned if he wasn’t here for the next season at least. When hopefully we can really kick on. Give him the armband next season, another little tug on his mad bastard heart strings ??

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Time will tell, but I honestly think he will give it one more season and see where we are after that. Without the crazy injuries we had we would be UCL no doubt. He knows that. Mad bastard wears his heart on his sleeve. It’s a love affair for him and a reciprocated one with the fans. It’s not just about football (his whole family too) I’m not deluded but I’d be stunned if he wasn’t here for the next season at least. When hopefully we can really kick on. Give him the armband next season, another little tug on his mad bastard heart strings ??

Yeah he really should be vice captain now at least. He plays every game and is everything you want from a captain out on the pitch 

I feel both ways. Of course I want him to stay, his the heart of our team. But we would get a shit load of money that we could invest and there are players that could improve us massively. Wasnt the release clause end of June? Just dont drag this on.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

Nevermind that just tell us you're staying next season please

“This is yet another season that will stay in our memories and serve as an example for the ones to come!”

Think he just did. ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ATB said:

I feel both ways. Of course I want him to stay, his the heart of our team. But we would get a shit load of money that we could invest and there are players that could improve us massively. Wasnt the release clause end of June? Just dont drag this on.

I don’t think the end of the release cause brings to an end speculation. I actually think clubs will wait until that’s over and then come in with a price. The question will be whether Bruno turns round and says to the club he’d like to go if a champions league club comes in for him. I don’t think he’ll agitate for a move but I’m not certain he’ll stay either. 

I agree on the finances though, if he decides he wants to go then people just need to accept it and we can really rebuild again with the money we’d get.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Posted (edited)

He's our icon/talisman/beating heart. 

Totally different to the Cole sale, which I've seen mentioned, or Carroll. 

This bloke stays, we win things. Quicker. 

Edited by Groundhog63

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

He's our icon/talisman/beating heart. 

Totally different to the Cole sale, which I've seen mentioned, or Carroll. 

This bloke stays, we win things. Quicker. 

This. He’s here to help us progress next season. Give him the armband ??

I'd love for him to be captain, and I'm not exactly sure why he's not mentioned more in terms of leadership (maybe it's voluntary), but I think Burn, Trippier and Lascelles have already been doing a good job there so I'm not in a hurry to rock that boat. Let's see what our preferred first team is next season first.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'd love for him to be captain, and I'm not exactly sure why he's not mentioned more in terms of leadership (maybe it's voluntary), but I think Burn, Trippier and Lascelles have already been doing a good job there so I'm not in a hurry to rock that boat. Let's see what our preferred first team is next season first.

He already plays a leadership role on the pitch. It might be different if the plans that only captains can consult the ref comes into force and is adhered to.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

I think there may have been a question mark over how it might affect his playing style but I think how he played under threat of the ban answered that.

14 minutes ago, madras said:

He already plays a leadership role on the pitch. It might be different if the plans that only captains can consult the ref comes into force and is adhered to.

Yes, definitely. Though I meant more in terms of comments from players and such e.g. the leadership council they have with Ritchie, Burn and co.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

I think there may have been a question mark over how it might affect his playing style but I think how he played under threat of the ban answered that.

100%. He's clearly spent his life rising to challenges.

5 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t think the end of the release cause brings to an end speculation. I actually think clubs will wait until that’s over and then come in with a price.

Douglas said there is no chance selling him after the release clause has expired.

7 hours ago, ATB said:

v922799x5qh91.gif

9 hours ago, ATB said:

If he was more of an emotionless robot type of player or a little less ambitious I think I'd be very into the idea of cashing in on him to fund the type of squad rebuild we need.

But his bar raising mentality and desire to win things means we're not just replacing an exceptionally talented midfielder. As you said, he's the heartbeat of the team.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If he was more of an emotionless robot type of player or a little less ambitious I think I'd be very into the idea of cashing in on him to fund the type of squad rebuild we need.

But his bar raising mentality and desire to win things means we're not just replacing an exceptionally talented midfielder. As you said, he's the heartbeat of the team.

Pretty much priceless. It's like saying how much money would you have swapped Keegan for in 1994.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Agree with this.

I also think he is really unique as a player.  He has his limitations, of course.  He must be one of the slowest in the squad, he can be a bit rash with diving in and going gung ho with his press and then easily bypassed and his shooting technique is terrible. 

But his passing range, touch, skill, ability to hold onto the ball or win the foul under pressure, energy levels, attitude...  They're all elite.  He doesn't shirk the dirty work, either and is almost as good off the ball as he is on it. 

I honestly have no idea who I'd compare him to as a player in regards to his style.  I thought Thiago Alcantara a bit at first.  But he's more of a shithouse, better off the ball and not permanently injured.  He is a one-off and offers so much to the team and the club as a whole.

Not a popular or much of a shared opinion on here and I do get that regular goals are such a rare commodity.  But I genuinely think he'd be just as hard to replace as Isak.  What with everything he brings to the team.  The stats and all of the intangibles.