Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Posted (edited)

Absolute superstar without any of the baggage.  Critical we keep him around for 1 more season, if we do we’re in for a great season imo. Bruno is actually getting better and better. Please stay 

Edited by Andy84

6 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Absolute superstar without any of the baggage.  Critical we keep him around for 1 more season, if we do we’re in for a great season imo. Bruno is actually getting better and better. Please stay 

He’ll stay! 

I mind being gutted when we sold Carroll and there was a big joke about him being the player on the clubs official calendar for January that year. So for some reason out of morbid curiousity i just checked who was June in this years calendar. 

Fucks sake man [emoji38]

91dNH2xc1cL._SL1500_ (1).jpg

TM-03040-Newcastle-United-FC-A3-Calendar-2024-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

I mind being gutted when we sold Carroll and there was a big joke about him being the player on the clubs official calendar for January that year. So for some reason out of morbid curiousity i just checked who was June in this years calendar. 

Fucks sake man [emoji38]

91dNH2xc1cL._SL1500_ (1).jpg

TM-03040-Newcastle-United-FC-A3-Calendar-2024-1.jpg

Nick Pope in July as well. It's all true!

6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

It's not just the ability with this guy. It's the personality. I'll be devastated.

Yeah 100%. Think it was @timeEd32 who made a very similar point the other day. You can mayyyyyybe find a player with his general ability somewhere, though he'd certainly cost a lot more than we paid for Bruno. But trying to find someone who combines that ability with his level of passion, leadership, personality, all the intangibles, the way his family have settled into Tyneside life....different story altogether.

He knits the whole squad together and if anything, though it might sound overly-romantic, lets you believe as a fan that almost anything is possible when you have a player of this calibre playing for you. We lose just too much by selling him, would be absolutely gutting.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yeah 100%. Think it was @timeEd32 who made a very similar point the other day. You can mayyyyyybe find a player with his general ability somewhere, though he'd certainly cost a lot more than we paid for Bruno. But trying to find someone who combines that ability with his level of passion, leadership, personality, all the intangibles, the way his family have settled into Tyneside life....different story altogether.

He knits the whole squad together and if anything, though it might sound overly-romantic, lets you believe as a fan that almost anything is possible when you have a player of this calibre playing for you. We lose just too much by selling him, would be absolutely gutting.

He loses too much leaving. We’re in love. He’ll stay. He is the heart and soul of the team ??

I truly hope Bruno will continue his journey with us and I think he will. But I'm mightily relieved that I got over the feeling of devastation and helplessness when a player left the club for whatever reason, by the age of about 13

I'd love him to stay, he's the best midfielder I've seen play for us and it's not even close. 

I suspect he's away though, just from all the rumoured incomings. We're apparently up against it FFP-wise, so if we're going on a spending spree then that's because there's someone going the other way.

13 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I truly hope Bruno will continue his journey with us and I think he will. But I'm mightily relieved that I got over the feeling of devastation and helplessness when a player left the club for whatever reason, by the age of about 13

Aye, getting attached to quality players is for babies

We can not be selling players of his caliber if we want to improve year in, year out. City did not sell the likes of Toure, Aguero, David Silva etc.  Otherwise, we will be playing catch up for a long time. I would understand if he moves to Madrid or Barcelona, but in England, where we want to win stuff? Come on. Its an admission that we are not trying to be the best club around. 

1 minute ago, vidooq said:

We can not be selling players of his caliber if we want to improve year in, year out. City did not sell the likes of Toure, Aguero, David Silva etc.  Otherwise, we will be playing catch up for a long time. I would understand if he moves to Madrid or Barcelona, but in England, where we want to win stuff? Come on. Its an admission that we are not trying to be the best club around. 

We have no choice if someone bids his release clause.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Oh not at all, I'm just relieved I've transcended it. I still love the club mind, and the game, I think 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have no choice if someone bids his release clause.

This is it. We can't not trade forever. It's just the way the game is now, unfortunately. It's just some will hurt a lot more than others.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If he goes then we have to make sure it's before the June clause expires. Anything after that, we tell clubs to fuck off. 

I genuinely don’t think he is going any where, not this season. There is just too much love for the project and the fans and he can see where we are going plus He wants to win silverware for us. 

If we don’t get champions league next season then definitely.  None the less though, June is going to be shitty while the press try to flog him for us.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A club will only trigger the clause if Bruno has given the go ahead that he wants to move.

Then we all good

I personally think he will end up at Man City, especially after the Paqueta news. Be gutted to see him go, but if we spend the money right we found have a much stronger squad.

29 minutes ago, vidooq said:

We can not be selling players of his caliber if we want to improve year in, year out. City did not sell the likes of Toure, Aguero, David Silva etc.  Otherwise, we will be playing catch up for a long time. I would understand if he moves to Madrid or Barcelona, but in England, where we want to win stuff? Come on. It’s an admission that we are not trying to be the best club around. 

City didn’t have to deal with these financial rules. 

40 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Then I'm happy to remain a baby. :lol: