Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Mark Douglas was saying on Monday at the true faith gigg he really thinks Bruno wants to win a cup with us before he leaves. 

That's amazing news, means he's here for life! :lol:

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Not encouraging. Fucking entourage cling-ons (cue Commander Wharf meme).

Agents and entourages always want moves as they want a slice of the fees. What’s important is what the player wants.

Only Man City are credible in the PL IMO, I don’t think any Newcastle player turns them down, but the rest? I don’t see it.

6 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

How can Man City even think about spending money with the charges hanging over them.

Why would they not?

If anything it would probably encourage them to spend.

‘Let’s make sure we attract the quality players we want now before we’re playing Sunderland in League One in 25/26’.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Romano retweeting his story from April about the clause coming into play from next week too. Someone definitely trying to put him in shop window I fear. 

3 minutes ago, PRL said:

Romano retweeting his story from April about the clause coming into play from next week too. Someone definitely trying to put him in shop window I fear. 

Well, the clause is there for a reason.

:lol: if it's a potentially good signing being reported on Sky News, a few people will torpedo it immediately. But if it's about Bruno's entourage peddling him from fakenews.com, a few people pipe in with the "worrying". Ashley truly did break us. 

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: if it's a potentially good signing being reported on Sky News, a few people will torpedo it immediately. But if it's about Bruno's entourage peddling him from fakenews.com, a few people pipe in with the "worrying". Ashley truly did break us. 

Deffo. I'm still at the point pre-incomings where I'm expecting some other club to snatch our man, last minute. 

If he goes, he goes. As much as I love the bloke and would want him to stay for his whole career, I trust we’d be able to more than ably replace him with the money received.

Never forget that underneath his charming personality and supposed adoration of the club/city he’s a dirty Brazilian.  

If Bruno goes it'll be gutting, but we'll get one of the highest transfer fees of all time for him and will be able to reinvest it into buying loads more lovely, lovely footballers. Still hope he stays though.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

City are the only one with the PSR headroom with a realistic chance of signing him. Think the Paqueta news may make it a reality.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

While I'd be gutted to see him leave and obviously hope he doesn't, it would be kind of exciting to see us take the spending shackles off.

Whilst I agree - it would really hurt seeing him go to City.  But realistically they are the only club who can afford him.

Edited by duo

I believe he’s Best Man at Big Jo’s impending wedding, the other halves clearly get on well. He has a young family, his father loves it here. He doesn’t want to go. He was made up when Big Jo signed his new contract.

Bruno only leaves if we open the door and say he needs to go. I’m sure we’re doing all we can to get wriggle room elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I believe he’s Best Man at Big Jo’s impending wedding, the other halves clearly get on well. He has a young family, his father loves it here. He doesn’t want to go. He was made up when Big Jo signed his new contract.

Bruno only leaves if we open the door and say he needs to go. I’m sure we’re doing all we can to get wriggle room elsewhere.

You would hope so but almost double your wages, guaranteed champions league football and almost guaranteed trophies. Joelinton would only be living a few hours away. I think we are deluding ourselves if we think that Bruno wouldn’t go to Man City and you can’t really blame him