Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The problem to me isn't his pace as much as how long it takes him sometimes to release the ball, in his position pace isn't needed as much as the abillity to pick out a pass.

Thats a general theme with a number of our players - it actually really annoys me how long they hold the ball for 

We literally can’t seem to string any passes together 

17 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He looks like when he was injured 2/3s into 22/23. 

I do wonder if protecting him more while he gets through this patch would be a good move. Wouldn't be against a 4-2-3-1.

I'd love to see us play 4-2-3-1. We need that protection In front of the back 4 as the amount of times we're hurt or nearly hurt by that huge gap between defence and midfield is so alarming. Bruno and Tonali playing there would be fantastic I feel.

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I'd love to see us play 4-2-3-1. We need that protection In front of the back 4 as the amount of times we're hurt or nearly hurt by that huge gap between defence and midfield is so alarming. Bruno and Tonali playing there would be fantastic I feel.

This a million times over - Bruno and Tonali hold - then Willock or Big Joe in front to support Isak

We simply can’t continue with a flat 3 - it’s hurting us 

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We said this a year ago when Brighton turned us over though. Nothing gets done about it. It’s 4–3-3 or nothing.

It’s actually really worrying - we simply haven’t evolved - to play a flat 3 you need to be good in possession - we can hardly string a couple of passes together it seems - the fact that he’s making subs after 45 mins now suggests to me that EH is getting worried - that’s not a good sign either 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

It’s actually really worrying - we simply haven’t evolved - to play a flat 3 you need to be good in possession - we can hardly string a couple of passes together it seems - the fact that he’s making subs after 45 mins now suggests to me that EH is getting worried - that’s not a good sign either 

We stood still in the summer 

CB CM RW needed refreshing - we couldn’t do it 

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We said this a year ago when Brighton turned us over though. Nothing gets done about it. It’s 4–3-3 or nothing.

I don't think it's too much to do with the formation but rather our application. We simply haven't pressed well enough and won the ball as high up on the pitch as possible. 

The change of formation at half time certainly helped but I don't think it or any other personnel adjustment would make a great bit if difference at this stage, we need more intensity. 

18 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I don't think it's too much to do with the formation but rather our application. We simply haven't pressed well enough and won the ball as high up on the pitch as possible. 

The change of formation at half time certainly helped but I don't think it or any other personnel adjustment would make a great bit if difference at this stage, we need more intensity. 

There’s been zero pressing all season 

Just now, joeyt said:

I think we're petrified of making Isak press too much his hamstring will go and we'll lose him for a considerable amount of time

I don't think he's the best 'presser' anyway. It's not his game

He showed against Wolves at home 2 years ago how good he can be at it when we unleash him but I think you're right, we're protecting him or he's protecting himself.

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

There’s been zero pressing all season 

Basically. I dunno if it's a strategy or a failing at this point. 

Firmly bekeive, there'll be a 'click' moment though, Barnes aside there doesn't really look like a single player who's in any sort of form at the moment. Once people get into gear it'll come, I hope. 

9 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Basically. I dunno if it's a strategy or a failing at this point. 

Firmly bekeive, there'll be a 'click' moment though, Barnes aside there doesn't really look like a single player who's in any sort of form at the moment. Once people get into gear it'll come, I hope. 

Dont even want to think about how depressing shit would look without Barnes.

3 hours ago, Mikky said:

We used a flat 3 in the season we finished 4th (with the same personnel) we also had the quickest times from winning possession to getting a shot away. We need to evolve as teams will adapt to it and I believe Tonali was to be a large part of that evolution. 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He didn’t have a bad game today except for the mistake at the end. 

Refs seems to have stopped giving him free kicks for rolling his opponent and going down though, which is a shame. 

He was awful today.  Stop kidding yourself.

35 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Honestly, if there is something we as fans should take some comfort in, we have a bunch of guys who needed this kick in the teeth and this should  push us on. We have never had bad eggs under Howe. We have real leaders and real dressing room togetherness on and off the pitch. The boys will solve this and we’ll kick on.