Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, TRon said:

As far as I know Real Madrid haven't come in for him, there has just been some speculation about it which has been posted here in the last hour. I think we are jumping the gun a little bit writing farewell letters and putting loaded guns to our heads ready for his departure.

We're just discussing it like any other topic.

I am not upset about it at all. This is just the way the game works man.

I'm not sure we've done enough in terms of other signings to convince him to stay.

Regardless of who we signed, I think he'd want to go to Real Madrid. Who wouldnt but I think we'd be more inclined to get a bit longer out of him if we'd actually made some moved. 

5 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

If Real Madrid come in for him it's completely irrelevant if we make the Conference League, he'll still want to go. 

Wasn't it regards to specifically Bruno, but we have to progress this season not just to have a chance of keeping him but also to adequately replace our better players should they leave.

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

No way is he leaving unless it is crazy money, which they dont have.

He will stay, but we do need to show a bit more intent strengthening our front lines if we are to keep him beyond next season IMO.

This is probably about right.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There's no progress that can be made that quick. It's a credit to how great he's been so quickly.

Having read the article they are fully aware of all the ridiculous stats he's been achieving.

In my opinion he's pretty much gone ... they will likely have to pay a record breaking fee to get him though, and they'll likely be able to justify it to themselves due to his age.

Been a terribly short, but very sweet ride if they can manage this by the time the window closes. Really ironic that the catalyst will end up being Man United. Just unbelievable.

That may be true, but we'll have to accept that there'll be a turnover of our top players until we reach the level we're aiming for.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't agree. AC Milan couldn't even afford Botman.

We're talking about clubs that would have to be ready to pay over 100 million, because we can currently justify asking for that. 

I was just using them as an example of a CL club who will be looking to sign top players. I could actually see him in Italy, Germany or Spain…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

That may be true, but we'll have to accept that there'll be a turnover of our top players until we reach the level we're aiming for.

Yes, and that's not a disaster by any means, as that will also mean we have arrived, and are finally buying players who will earn us massive revenue. Obviously we would rather keep them, but it's still better than extending contracts of 30 yr old has beens just because it's cheaper than investing.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Also bit mad to sign Bruno whilst already having Camavinga and Tchouameni there. :lol: Perks of being the biggest club in the world I suppose. 

This is why i don't see it happening even if they sell Casemiro.

Valverde's a central midfielder too.

And then there's Kroos and Modric.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's pretty much what I've been saying in all of my posts.

We'll get to the top level eventually you'd think but if we're going to be keeping our best players now for longer than another year or two, it'll naturally happen unless we instantly challenge top 4. Even then if it's Real Madrid or Barcelona and they're South American, that's too big a lure (Coutinho, Luis Suarez, etc).

Just now, Flip said:

No need. I’ll be gone.

About as much loyalty as Bruno then, barely has the ink on his signed contract dried and he's off to Spain followed by @Flip

Curse the Brazilians, curse them all the deserting rats!

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

We'll get to the top level eventually you'd think but if we're going to be keeping our best players now for longer than another year or two, it'll naturally happen unless we instantly challenge top 4. Even then if it's Real Madrid or Barcelona and they're South American, that's too big a lure (Coutinho, Luis Suarez, etc).

Yeah, if we have players excelling like Bruno has it will only be the very top clubs that would really be a worry, because we'd be able to ask for absolute top money.

I don't think it's going to be a typical scenario or very common.

Guest HTT II

We are not going to be immune or unique in losing our best or better players regardless. Man Utd lost Ronaldo, Real Madrid too. Barcelona Messi and Neymar. We sold Cole. It’s going to happen at some point, the key is to attain some level of success while we have these top players like the bigger clubs do. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

We are not going to be immune or unique in losing our best or better players regardless. Man Utd lost Ronaldo, Real Madrid too. Barcelona Messi and Neymar. We sold Cole. It’s going to happen at some point, the key is to attain some level of success while we have these top players like the bigger clubs do. 

Absolutely. We are actually in a position now where any such sales should actually propel us further much quicker and so it's going to be a hell of a ride either way.

Guest HTT II
Just now, KaKa said:

Absolutely. We are actually in a position now where any such sales should actually propel us further much quicker and so it's going to be a hell of a ride either way.

Aye there is that aspect too. I’m less insecure today with the way things are going, losing Bruno would be a huge blow, but I’m confident any money received would be reinvested and we’d eventually reach where we want to get to anyway. Obviously you’d hope that’s with Bruno and others of his ilk we get to sign.