Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Also correct, but they are different situations. Kane is past 30 and it's doubtful he will get better so moved to a team that would usually guarantee at least 1 trophy a season (this year in Germany is almost certainly an anomaly). Rice is more comparable, but can anyone realistically see West Ham getting any better than they currently are? Arsenal are a more certain bet to do better than West Ham over the next couple of years and arguably so are we. Obviously no-where near Arsenal now, but more likely to get closer to them than West Ham ever will

We are on an upward trend which is unlikely to stop barring PIF declaring us a basket case. 

Or if FFP prevents that upward trend?

Which is where the whole Bruno may get sold comes from

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Or if FFP prevents that upward trend?

Which is where the whole Bruno may get sold comes from

FFP is a double edged sword. Even with a release clause who can actually afford him? City/PSG/maybe R. Madrid. 

10 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

That's nice. Although you'd expect a full Brazilian International to be a bit more chatty tbh

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I guess it depends how long he wants to wait to try and win a trophy. Declan Rice left after West Ham won a trophy to try and win more trophies. Harry Kane left Spurs to try and win more trophies. Both were loved by their fans

Football careers are short and we have to match his ambitions

It's not a last chance saloon for him compared to Kane, he'll only turn 27 in November. Rice was simply too good for West Ham who are way below us despite being so close in the table. I don't see him going this summer but if we fail to qualify for CL the following season it's probably time due to his ambitions and we could still get a massive fee.

Can see him being a player that will be really effective well into his 30s as well as pace isn't his main attribute to put it nicely.

Love how he does like 6 different celebrations everytime he scores. It’s almost like fifa or he’s doing some celebration multiplier haha.

This one with the flag was my favourite tho 

I really hope the love is genuine, because it is our way. Him, his family, his dad, his nation. We couldn't have been more accommodating and making him feel like this is his forever club. I'm not naïve though. Trophies are a draw, and its not something we deal in. When you think Kelvin Phillips, maybe even Scott Carson has a chance of finishing their career with more medals than him, it's a complete travesty. But love, genuine place of belonging is something that cannot be earned from a bench. Just ask Michael Owen, who in football will remember him fondly?

I hope all this resonates in his heart, well, for at least another season. After that, we can't match his ambition, we must let him go.

Edited by Dokko

I do think he's off in the summer and his agent has already been telling everyone about the clause in his contract, he loves us and we love him but big clubs will come for him and it will be very hard to stay with us when we are not in the champions league.

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

This is fairly inconsequential but this is the first reply

Now, its moderately harmless, but who are these people, who see this on twitter and are like I BETTER REPLY TO EXPLAIN THOSE KIDS THERE CELEBRATING WITH THEIR TEAM MAY BE INVADING PROPERTY THEY COULD HAVE SNUCK IN NOONE KNOWS THEY ARE THERE

9 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I do think he's off in the summer and his agent has already been telling everyone about the clause in his contract, he loves us and we love him but big clubs will come for him and it will be very hard to stay with us when we are not in the champions league.

Could be Ashworth trying to play the cunt rather than his agent. The club have put that clause in very strategically.

21 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Now, its moderately harmless, but who are these people, who see this on twitter and are like I BETTER REPLY TO EXPLAIN THOSE KIDS THERE CELEBRATING WITH THEIR TEAM MAY BE INVADING PROPERTY THEY COULD HAVE SNUCK IN NOONE KNOWS THEY ARE THERE

think its joelinton's and tripp's sons and a couple school friends.

9 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Have to take off your shirt, stick it on the corner flag and wave it around like a madman, like Tino Asprilla did against Metz, to get the full 10.

did he get suspended for the next game?

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

did he get suspended for the next game?

Yes which was Monaco where we had to play Rob Lee as a lone striker...

And got duly molested by Henry, Legwinski and Benarbia

Edited by gjohnson

15 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Have to take off your shirt, stick it on the corner flag and wave it around like a madman, like Tino Asprilla did against Metz, to get the full 10.

*and be wearing a vest

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

According to his profile he's a funeral director and divorced. I wonder why...

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yes which was Monaco where we had to play Rob Lee as a lone striker...

And got duly molested by Henry, Legwinski and Benarbia

That absolutely killed me, that game.