Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I actually agree with the sentiment here (and you'll notice I did quote both the positive and the negative), but everyone in the world knows that Miggy is one footed, I'm not really sure how mentioning it over and over again adds much to the forum? It's hardly ground breaking pointing it out is it?

Fair enough. I don’t really put too much thought into valid points that are mentioned too often maybe. In this case he was talking about how Bruno does it well and then just made a comparable point as an example. Never thought about it being any kind of dig whatsoever against Miggy so I didn’t even take notice. I’m sure there’s nothing to react to here as he didn’t mean any harm by doing so. Positive or negative things on this forum gets repeated hundreds of times per day. Just like on any other forum. It’s just when it’s done wrong when it’s not very pleasant. 

Edited by Ikon

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

The one thing about him here is that he’s truly him for us. He’s the man. He plays like the man. Everyone in the team knows he’s the man. And he embraces it. Go somewhere else and he’ll become a cog. Not sure if that suits him. 

It’s like the opposite of Gini. Gini is a good player but he’s never ‘the man’ type player. Doesn’t want the responsibility. 

Actually think that could be a problem for Tonali if and when we see him. He was a big deal in Milan and rightly so but our CMs have quite a diverse skill set and some very very good players and athletes amongst them. 
Bruno has talent but it’s his attitude and desire which are so stand out. Can you have 2 of those in the middle?
Obvs I hope so and hope it works like a treat…

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I actually agree with the sentiment here (and you'll notice I did quote both the positive and the negative), but everyone in the world knows that Miggy is one footed, I'm not really sure how mentioning it over and over again adds much to the forum? It's hardly ground breaking pointing it out is it?

I think the hardest I’ve seen Miggy hit a ball was yesterday and it was with his right 😜

Hit a defender and bounced out. Think maybe Burn’s goal was the result cause Bruno picked up the rebound.

Ignoring the nonsense about #’s and roles given everyone in football here and out there in the social media and regular media uses it…

Bruno has either got to stick to his current hybrid role or we’ve got to find ways for him to be pulling the strings around the top of the box side to side (ala Odegaard, etc) as we know he does this often with his linkup on the right but yesterday was the first time I’ve seen him really take the initiative and win us the match. Breathtaking world class display. 

The reason I want him as some hybrid #10 is because I think we’ll get to see him do that more if we’ve got a holding player capable of taking the ball deep and distributing quickly to push up the pitch but with athleticism to mop up or keep things ticking if an opposition tries to clear. I think we’ll see more of our team camped into the opposition half once Botman is back as he and Schar are so good at intercepting high and keeping our attacks going (+Burn too when we have our wall of 3 back there). 

Tonali + new DM + Bruno could be tasty next season. But that’s not to say we have this DM play every match; there may be times we want Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or Miley in there too. 

9 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Absolutely everywhere yesterday, couldn't take my eyes off him. His shots are fucking rubbish, mind 

All our long shots were rubbish yesterday and have been for a while.

Everything flew over the bar, we really need to work on keeping things down. It was so frustrating seeing shot after shot just fly into the stands from great positions.

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

aye, the classic 4 destroyer seems to have been forgotten.

I find it funny how it changes according to country, here in brazil the 1st defensive midfielder, someone like casemiro, is always the 5, that or he is the libero of the back 3, number 8 usually is the second midfielder, 7 and 11 are light attackers with lots of pace and dribble, 9 is the 9 obviusly, 10 is obviously the ten. But in defense we differ too, usually we have a RB as 2, LB as 6 and 3 and 4 for the CB's.

Sometimes we have someone like Kaká playing with the 8 too, if that happens 7 is usually the second DMF. 

Just watching  the highlights back again, didn't quite appreciate how pivotal Bruno was to two of those goals. He took out 4 players for Miley's opener, and that cross for Burn's goal with the outside of his foot was just sublime. You can't put a price on that sort of quality. Someone's going to pipe up yes you can, £100m, but you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, JNK said:

I find it funny how it changes according to country, here in brazil the 1st defensive midfielder, someone like casemiro, is always the 5, that or he is the libero of the back 3, number 8 usually is the second midfielder, 7 and 11 are light attackers with lots of pace and dribble, 9 is the 9 obviusly, 10 is obviously the ten. But in defense we differ too, usually we have a RB as 2, LB as 6 and 3 and 4 for the CB's.

Sometimes we have someone like Kaká playing with the 8 too, if that happens 7 is usually the second DMF. 

9 10

11  4  8  7

3   5  6  2

Anything else is just utter nonsense [emoji38]

Edited by bobbydazzla
safety smiley

Interesting that Shay said he was "Scholes like" in the analysis, I remember thinking that exact thing in the first half and since Paul Scholes is (in my opinion) the best midfielder the PL has had, its quite the compliment.

55 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

9 10

11  4  8  7

3   5  6  2

Anything else is just utter nonsense [emoji38]

That's why it's interesting.

In classic Brazil the norm would be something like 

11          7

6   4    3    2

or 

9  11

7/8  10 

7/8  5

6  4   3   2

10     11

6      7      8      9     

2      3      4      5

I've changed my mind. Anything other than the above is illogical hipster bullshit.

On 17/12/2023 at 08:06, gbandit said:

Did he even get the assist for that incredible cross yesterday?

Not in Fantasy, so I presume the same with opta. If Burn's header goes straight in he gets the assist but not because of the save and rebound. Defies common sense but I think that's how it works 

1 hour ago, WideopenMag said:

He's returning to his top form I feel, he's always been good but think we haven't seen the best of him at times this season. Fulham he was absolutely sublime, ran the show.

I do agree, but we were against 10 men for most of the game.. he had a lot more freedom than usual.

5 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

I do agree, but we were against 10 men for most of the game.. he had a lot more freedom than usual.

Yeah that Is a good point and likely played a part but his willingness to drive forward some of his touches and cross for Burns and part for Mileys goal, just class.