Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

58 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Be surprised if he leaves this month but definitely away in the summer. PSG would be a good destination for all parties.

I'd be surprised if he went to France.

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Be surprised if he leaves this month but definitely away in the summer. PSG would be a good destination for all parties.

How'd you work that one out like? We lose our best player, and he goes back to France to play for that circus. Sounds shite to me, not good for all parties.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

How'd you work that one out like? We lose our best player, and he goes back to France to play for that circus. Sounds shite to me, not good for all parties.

He means better than him going to Liverpool etc. If Bruno leaves, I'd prefer him to fuck off out of the prem too.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

He means better than him going to Liverpool etc. If Bruno leaves, I'd prefer him to fuck off out of the prem too.

Aye fair, though I highly doubt he'd be into going back to France.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Guys, stop the cope please, it’s PSG. If they meet the clause he will be without his heartfelt goodbye Instagram post as soon as his agents phone rings.

I'm not sure he would, maybe only if he was sure 2 Spanish, 1 German and about 3 or4 English clubs weren't in for him. The French league is 2nd rate.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm not sure he would, maybe only if he was sure 2 Spanish, 1 German and about 3 or4 English clubs weren't in for him. The French league is 2nd rate.

Like them or loathe them, PSG are a club of stature, look at the squad they have. Elite players want to play with other elite players they have an abundance and the means to pay him whatever he wants. 

Not to mention guaranteed CL every season. 

are people really suggesting he wouldn’t go to PSG?

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Like them or loathe them, PSG are a club of stature, look at the squad they have. Elite players want to play with other elite players they have an abundance and the means to pay him whatever he wants. 

Only if the others aren't interested. Not to do with PSG bit the French league. Its why he came here, to play in a better league.

Edited by madras

Just now, r0cafella said:

Reet, so we agree then. PSG come in and he’s off unless someone bigger than then comes in. 

That's what I said in the first place.

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They're not a club of stature, they're a club with incredibly rich owners, who play in what is largely an at-best two club league, and who - despite all that money - are highly disfunctional, and play in a country that doesn't even like football very much (there's a reason their league is so shit).

I normally have nothing but disdain for the lack of history of clubs founded in the twentieth century, but PSG were founded in 1970.

I am literally older than they are.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

They're not a club of stature, they're a club with incredibly rich owners, who play in what is largely an at-best two club league, and who - despite all that money - are highly disfunctional, and play in a country that doesn't even like football very much (there's a reason their league is so shit).

I normally have nothing but disdain for the lack of history of clubs founded in the twentieth century, but PSG were founded in 1970.

I am literally older than they are.

I agree, the ownership is what give them stature but they still have it imo. 

I’m not a fan of them either, I just recognise that if they were to call Bruno’s agent to buy him he would be gone. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I’m not a fan of them either, I just recognise that if they were to call Bruno’s agent to buy him he would be gone. 

I don't know what the particular circumstances are around the player and PSG, but I honestly doubt it. Unless I am missing something?

Just now, brummie said:

I don't know what the particular circumstances are around the player and PSG, but I honestly doubt it. Unless I am missing something?

He’s being linked with them today. So it generates discussion. 

PSG would likely double his wages - and he’d win things, and be guaranteed CL football.

There’s every chance he’s off if they bid at the release clause price.  And I’d be astonished if they didn’t get a feeler from his agent before bidding.

That doesn’t mean they are like - not sure how much credence I put into a Twitter account. 

Been saying for a while now that no European football next season will likely mean Bruno is off in the Summer. Because of his nature it's easy to think of him as a young player, but he turns 27 this year. Even with a lot of work in the Summer there's no guarantee we make CL next season. He isn't going to hang around into his late 20's to see if we get back in. He likely needs to move in the Summer, and so long as we get the 100m release I think it's not as dire a happening as it seems on the surface. 

Yes, he is the talisman of the team. But there's plenty even at the club now who could take up that mantle. In Tonali we have an elite CM ready to step up next season, and we will have 100m on top of what the budget would've been in the Summer. With smart scouting/recruitment the summber budget could go a long way. 

(Just to clarify in case it's not clear. I fucking love Bruno.)