Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

I would be looking for a defensive midfielder to sit in the middle of the midfield 3 move Bruno to the right of the 3 and play Joe Willock right of the front 3.

Why? Did you think Bruno was no good playing there? Seems the perfect position for his vision and passing. Why limit ourselves to a player who will just sit and tackle. Bruno has shown you can do so much more than that in the position.

Edited by reefatoon

I definitely want a more defensively minded player to sit there and one who can play keep ball ad infinitum but not neccessarily for first choice strongest teams, more as an option when we need to calm games down and keep hold of the ball and allow Bruno to play further forward. This is a luxury however and clearly not worth spending funds on this imminently

25 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Why? Did you think Bruno was no good playing there? Seems the perfect position for his vision and passing. Why limit ourselves to a player who will just sit and tackle. Bruno has shown you can do so much more than that in the position.

I think Bruno can contribute so much more if he doesn’t have to worry about defensive duties . Poor lad will be burnt out by December if he has to do everything.

No need to play Bruno further forward at all imo. He is putting out what would be good offensive numbers for a number 10 but from a DM position. He's just insanely good there. 

Edited by Smal

1 hour ago, Beth said:

A lot of people are spunking their pants over Anderson, just as they were for Shortstaff a few years back, yet he struggled to get a game for Mansfield last season.

I really hope he comes good but this season is too soon for him, unless hes playing in the LC or the odd 10 mins of games we have obviously already won or lost. Far better to pack him off to a Championship side even if only till January to see if he can up his game towards this level.

Have you watched him?

12 minutes ago, HawK said:

Have you watched him?

I saw him the two SJP friendlies, fair play to him he looked good but they're a million miles away from proper competitve games.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Back to Bruno. He's fucking class and he's basically reinventing that position. Easily the best Bruno in the PL.

Check out JLAs latest on him. His heat map on Saturday for a number 6 was amazing.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We get it man beth you're proper old school 'n that you can pack it in now

I've never met a Beth who's so much a Brian or a Dave.

9 hours ago, Beth said:

A lot of people are spunking their pants over Anderson, just as they were for Shortstaff a few years back, yet he struggled to get a game for Mansfield last season.

I really hope he comes good but this season is too soon for him, unless hes playing in the LC or the odd 10 mins of games we have obviously already won or lost. Far better to pack him off to a Championship side even if only till January to see if he can up his game towards this level.

Longstaff played virtually every game for Mansfield after he joined…

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We get it man beth you're proper old school 'n that you can pack it in now

Man I tried to live in a world where this Beth person didn’t exist but so many of y’all keep quoting them (which makes them happier than a pig in shit).

If y’all stop engaging they’ll fuck off. 

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Fed up with the grouchy attention-seeker types, boring as hell.

Aye there is a small handful on here who pop up doing the same old routine. You are right, it’s just dull as fuck.

Can't get anyone thinking Bruno is anything other than unbelievable. He's beyond what I even hoped he could be when we signed him. He's everything you want a midfielder of his type to be, and his pairing with a box to box type with Joelinton just let's us run games where prior to those two in midfield we couldn't even compete