Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Now is the time to fully enjoy the club.

We have a manager that has increased the value of every single player he has worked with here. And a recruitment team that has an eye for a player.

If Bruno ever moves on it will be for absolute top money, and that will be used to continue to build the team to the highest level. Enjoy his time while he's here and if it ends with a sale there'll still be exciting times to come and new players to be thrilled about.

We are in a great place right now.

Changing the subject a little, I've not seen anyone mention the clear red card a Forest defender should've had for a last man foul after Bruno set Murphy away with a through ball at the end. They were already buried by that point, so it didn't really matter, but what a ball he played!

Edited by 80

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We have a manager that has increased the value of every single player he has worked with here. And a recruitment team that has an eye for a player.

If Bruno ever moves on it will be for absolute top money, and that will be used to continue to build the team to the highest level. Enjoy his time while he's here and if it ends with a sale there'll still be exciting times to come and new players to be thrilled about.

This. Enjoy it people, it will only get better.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My favourite poster. 

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A key point and something Ashley never ever grasped in all his time here. Stunning that a billionaire businessman never understood that by trying to cut corners and employ yes-men and has-beens, instead of progressive coaches like EH, all he ever achieved was to drive down the value of the key commodity of the business, the playing staff.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

It's like the game is a lot slower in his head than it is for everyone else.  It was genuinely like he was having a kick about with his mates, just casually taking the piss and flicking the ball over players heads.  Like the video where Messi keeps flicking the ball over his dog :lol: 

Absolutely savage.  I'm all for it.  

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Does he have to turn it into an attack on another player? I'm not clicking on the bait so I acknowledge the content might not match the title.

The content doesn't quite match the title, he actually praises Shelvey for aspects of his passing but highlights the limitations, which is where Bruno has shone

We could do worse than trying Anderson on the left (as he played for Rovers) and ASM on the right, or vice-versa for 30 mins or so just to see if can hold his own at this level.

40 minutes ago, HawK said:

We could do worse than trying Anderson on the left (as he played for Rovers) and ASM on the right, or vice-versa for 30 mins or so just to see if can hold his own at this level.

No, no, no, no , NO!

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why, why, why, why, WHY!?

A lot of people are spunking their pants over Anderson, just as they were for Shortstaff a few years back, yet he struggled to get a game for Mansfield last season.

I really hope he comes good but this season is too soon for him, unless hes playing in the LC or the odd 10 mins of games we have obviously already won or lost. Far better to pack him off to a Championship side even if only till January to see if he can up his game towards this level.

Just now, Beth said:

A lot of people are spunking their pants over Anderson, just as they were for Shortstaff a few years back, yet he struggled to get a game for Mansfield last season.

I really hope he comes good but this season is too soon for him, unless hes playing in the LC or the odd 10 mins of games we have obviously already won or lost. Far better to pack him off to a Championship side even if only till January to see if he can up his game towards this level.

Hardly spunking their pants, nothing wrong with being excited by a talented academy lad.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hardly spunking their pants, nothing wrong with being excited by a talented academy lad.

I agree, but why do so many want to throw him in at the deep end this season? If its sink of swim he's more likely to do the former. Harry Kane was loaned out to a few clubs before he broke into the Spurs team aged 21.

Edited by Beth

1 minute ago, Beth said:

I agree, but why do so many want to throw him in at the deep end this season? If its sink of swim hes more likely to do the former. Harry Kane was loaned out to a few clubs before he broke into the Spurs team aged 21.

Fair point, at the minute I’d keep him around the squad, but if we manage to bring in more attacking players then hopefully he gets a championship loan 

Harry Kane's development and loans have no relation to Anderson's.  The same way Mini Longstaff's is also irrelevant.  Not really comparable for either.  Longstaff actually played pretty well in quite a few games.  Then supposedly had a fall out with Bruce and was frozen out of the squad.  Bar some unwinnable fixtures, then out in the cold again. 

We've not seen him at this level, or even in cup games or anything to make that judgement call yet.  When you consider how dismal and much of a muchness our attacking options are outside of ASM.  Is it really so terrible to imagine Anderson getting a chance to shine?   

I think I'll take Howe's judgement on him and his development and readiness.  Doesn't sound like he thinks it's "Far better to pack him off to a Championship side."