Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, kenlau88210 said:

yeah obviously. He is slow af. Yeah seriously he is slow

It doesn't matter for him. His awareness of whats around him and his thinking is so ahead of the game he's already read what's on. Comfortable playing on instinct. He has brilliant footwork and strength on the ball. Knows how to roll a man off him and jink away, but he can hit volley or ground passes that are absolute worldies too. Love watching him. Possibly could be best midfielder ever seen at our club, or certainly in a long time.

2 hours ago, STM said:

I didn't want to bring this up but I'm convinced that in 12 months time Madrid will come in for him and will offer like 100m.

I just want people mentally prepared for it.

I know where you're coming from. For what it's worth I don't get the vibe off him that he'd drop everything and lose his head to go somewhere like that, though, he seems to want to make his own path. Fingers crossed we don't have to cross those kinds of bridges.

26 minutes ago, hakka said:

It doesn't matter for him. His awareness of whats around him and his thinking is so ahead of the game he's already read what's on. Comfortable playing on instinct. He has brilliant footwork and strength on the ball. Knows how to roll a man off him and jink away, but he can hit volley or ground passes that are absolute worldies too. Love watching him. Possibly could be best midfielder ever seen at our club, or certainly in a long time.

I think he time shifts too! Definitely got super powers like. He’s a joy to watch, so fucking composed. Casually chewing his gum. :smitten:

Edited by PauloGeordio

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

Fingers crossed we don't have to cross those kinds of bridges

It'll become more and more common you'd imagine, or at least we sort of hope. And I loathe to use the word hope, but if top clubs are chasing our players then we are doing something right.

What's different for us now is we may have alternatives lined up or even at the club already. Under Ashley it was the business plan, we just never recruited for the eventuality. 

Could Joelinton be converted to a DM?  He does the dirty stuff much better than he does the forward play now.

Plus, I think if we did look at a DM ultimately Joe & Bruno don't have enough goals in them for us to reach the very top.

48 minutes ago, Sima said:

Could Joelinton be converted to a DM?  He does the dirty stuff much better than he does the forward play now.

Plus, I think if we did look at a DM ultimately Joe & Bruno don't have enough goals in them for us to reach the very top.

Despite his lack of end-product, Joelinton's ball-carrying is first-rate and I don't think we'd want to limit him to being a deeper player that just lays it off.

58 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

While that is good to read, it also means if we won’t make to Champions League in a couple of years, he’s gone.  He’s still young, and imagine how much he can develop under Howe or in the EPL. Other UCL teams can easily find a spot for him by then. 

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

While that is good to read, it also means if we won’t make to Champions League in a couple of years, he’s gone.  He’s still young, and imagine how much he can develop under Howe or in the EPL. Other UCL teams can easily find a spot for him by then. 

Yep. This is why I don't really understand people saying they would be happy with finishing 11th or something this season. It's not just a question of long-term goals - our speed of progression needs to track the stated ambition of the owners and the ambitions of our best players as closely as possible. 

I also think the club would sell.

It's not because we are a selling club but they will look at 100m as a huge investment in the first team.

Make no mistake, Bruno would be cheap for 100m too.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we're not in the Champions League within 2 years he'll leave, it's natural. Even if we do, if someone like Real Madrid wanted him, he'd go. He's good enough for anyone in the world.

Yeah, we need to be prepared to accept that.

Good clubs sell their good players for huge numbers at times, it’s what they do with it after that defines their future. 

Hopefully we grow commensurate with Bruno’s ambitions. If he turns into a 100m player I sure as hell hope we lifted a trophy or enjoyed some top 6-7 finishes. 

I think we have a good relationship with his agent and I'd like to think he will at least allow us the time to push for Europe. So that's this season and next.

We should also look to give him a new contract in due course, for one he's worth every penny of his wage and two it secures a valuable asset.

The last thing we want is Bruno coming into 18 months on any deal.

As for wage structure, I presume we could make an exception for such a player. Any teammate who feels hard done by for having less wages than this lad wants booting, as he's crucial to the squad.