Dan Burn

Rich

I think it hard to criticise him really but one thing that's annoying me recently is because he doesn't want to commit himself to a tackle he just literally runs alongside the attacker until they cross into the box or they cut inside.

On 10/02/2024 at 15:43, Geordie Ahmed said:

He has made mistakes but I agree it's absurd to then ignore the good that he does or when he plays well

Some would have you think he's a liability from minute one to minute 90

thats true but..

just purely based on his lack of pace, lack of agility, overlapping runs every 10 minutes, offering fuck all going forward, forcing the winger ahead of him to babysit him, etc etc

he could have an 8/10 match and still be a 1 on 1 sprint away from losing it for us at any given moment. 

if every manager we come up against is instructing his team to attack Dan burn…and having success…we probably should think about using him purely as CB depth.

I’ve literally never in my entire 30 years on this planet heard of a 6’7 playing left back in the most competitive football league in the world where every week you come up against elite to world class RWs with pace. 

It’s not fucking rocket science here. Sure he has had some decent performances, nobody is denying that. He’s holding this team back massively tho 

8 minutes ago, mofo said:

To be fair it was a quality finish and Burn done what you would expect your LB to do as in show him out wide.. 

I'd much prefer Tino to start though.

He did nothing. He neither closed him down or blocked the angle. Couldn't have asked for an easier opportunity as a winger. Burn might aswell have not been there. 

I'm not blaming him personally, I just can't get my head around Howe not changing it especially as Tino has proven himself at left back plenty.

Every time Tino has come on recently we haven't conceded and have also scored goals and looked more dangerous going forward. 

16 minutes ago, RS said:

Being used as an excuse for everything including erectile dysfunction. We know his limitations ffs

Valid to criticise him today mind, he was crap and it wasn't just being played against players that can take advantage of his weaknesses.

22 minutes ago, alexf said:

He did nothing. He neither closed him down or blocked the angle. Couldn't have asked for an easier opportunity as a winger. Burn might aswell have not been there. 

I'm not blaming him personally, I just can't get my head around Howe not changing it especially as Tino has proven himself at left back plenty.

Every time Tino has come on recently we haven't conceded and have also scored goals and looked more dangerous going forward. 

He is too scared to try and close him down cos all the bloke has to do is stick it past him and run 

34 minutes ago, RS said:

Being used as an excuse for everything including erectile dysfunction. We know his limitations ffs

Prabably the opposite tbf, any time there's a chance down his side half the forum become furiously erect.

There'll probably be a baby boom in 9 months after that Semenyo 1 in 20 hit.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

What happens when he plays Livramento and it doesn’t magically solve our (much bigger) midfield problems? Who you gonna blame then? 

Until we start Tino without chasing a game, it’s a hard one to answer.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What happens when he plays Livramento and it doesn’t magically solve our (much bigger) midfield problems? Who you gonna blame then? 

Are we not allowed to find out, though? How many games in a row does he have to come on to right what clearly keeps becoming a wrong?

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Until we start Tino without chasing a game, it’s a hard one to answer.

We already know for sure it means Trippier (most assists in the league) stays back as part of a 3. You can guarantee plenty haven't considered that and the impact that has on the linkes of Miggy and Longstaff like.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

We already know for sure it means Trippier (most assists in the league) stays back as part of a 3. You can guarantee plenty haven't considered that and the impact that has on the linkes of Miggy and Longstaff like.

Fair point, hopefully in the summer we upgrade the RW.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The first against Forest and second today had nothing to do with lack of pace and everything to do with poor decision making and movement. If he's not even offering that any more then he literally offers nowt. 

I can't see what he did wrong in today's goal. With such a clear 1 vs 1 with no one to help him I'm happy when he gets the attacker to take that shot, at least when Pope is in goal. 

You've also got teams who are setting up the majority of their attacks on that side now because they know he can't handle it at the minute. Take him out of the firing line and they've at least got to do more than just give it to their quick lad on the right.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I can't see what he did wrong in today's goal. With such a clear 1 vs 1 with no one to help him I'm happy when he gets the attacker to take that shot, at least when Pope is in goal. 

He did nothing. He didn't jockey him, he didn't try to get close to him...he just let him get a shot in. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You've also got teams who are setting up the majority of their attacks on that side now because they know he can't handle it at the minute. Take him out of the firing line and they've at least got to do more than just give it to their quick lad on the right.

Exactly it's so easy to play against us. Just quick some quick arse on the right and you'll get chances

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Problem is he’s anxious not to get done for pace by an attacker, so he’s not closing them down. That bit of space he left today allowed the shot. It’s not his fault, he’s one of us and tries his best. Howe should be starting Tino right now given Burn’s form.

Edited by Ronson333

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He did nothing. He didn't jockey him, he didn't try to get close to him...he just let him get a shot in. 

He absolutely did jockey him, can't take risks there and jump in when he has zero help from others.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The pitchforks and torches are already in hand and the villagers are marching on up to the castle as we speak. The monster must be dealt with. Don't try reasoning with us.

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Burn will get rinsed a couple of times, but I dont think it will change that much. We have zero controll all over the pitch. Its back and fourth back and fourth the whole game. End to end stuff a lot lately.

Edited by nufc123