Dan Burn

Rich

Third game on the spin he’s been great at CB. He has been brilliant in place of Botman.

Suddenly seems a menace at corners from CB. I know nothing has changed on that score, really. But I constantly notice him being more physical and aggressive. 

If Targett ever gets back fit. Next season we have Hall and him as genuine LB’s. With Burn, Tino and Trippier as cover. I’d say CB is more of a priority now. 

Even before the injuries, it felt like a CB was needed. One that is good on the ball and preferably with a bit of pace. 

What a thoroughly decent bloke Dan Burn is. I think if you ask any Brighton fan to list their top 3 favourite current PL ex-players it's a close contest between him and Mac Allister, and for different reasons. Mac Allister's attitude plays a big part in why he's still so popular but also his performances on the pitch. No disrespect intended but aside from a comedy goal against Man City and Chelsea at home when he had Lukaku in his pocket, Burn's other games all merge into one - he was solid, reliable. He's always going to get a warm welcome at the Amex because he's such a lovable humble bloke who quite clearly knows he's living the dream and would never take it or us fans for granted. 

His sign language celebration was class. Dunno how he was able to control his emotions at that moment. When I celebrate a goal, it's all I can think about. The joy on those kids' faces was just lovely. To misquote Kipling you're a better man than I am, BDB. Must admit, I was worried that Newcastle's new owners would forget that your club is rooted in the community and you'd become just another soulless corporate club like Man U and Chelsea. Never been happier to be proved wrong. 

Edited by StevenSeagull

I felt at the time Burn was directly responsible for their goal. Schar was already there and Burn rushed forward leaving the space behind him for a simple pass. Think he was way too over eager. 
Haven’t watched it back since. 

15 hours ago, Lotus said:

I felt at the time Burn was directly responsible for their goal. Schar was already there and Burn rushed forward leaving the space behind him for a simple pass. Think he was way too over eager. 
Haven’t watched it back since. 

thought that too at the time.

14 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Is a decent CB but a pretty horrible LB. However as we keep getting told, Eddie knows better.

And yet he was a starting LB in the best defence in the league last season. 

6 hours ago, Nine said:

And yet he was a starting LB in the best defence in the league last season. 

And a year has since passed and that is no longer the case, he’s also been targetted by multiple opposition sides. 

Regardless he will see plenty of game time next season. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

And a year has since passed and that is no longer the case, he’s also been targetted by multiple opposition sides. 

Regardless he will see plenty of game time next season. 

Because we had a stable team selection last year, and he was well covered by Joelinton on that side. He is still capable of solid, consistent performances in a team that isn’t massacred by injuries leaving no mobility in midfield.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Because we had a stable team selection last year, and he was well covered by Joelinton on that side. He is still capable of solid, consistent performances in a team that isn’t massacred by injuries leaving no mobility in midfield.

I wouldn’t put it down to just that personally, his limitations are obvious and clear to all, also he’s a year older, given his massive frame his drop off was always going to be significant, basically playing him wide means your always going to suffer defending fast transitions. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I wouldn’t put it down to just that personally, his limitations are obvious and clear to all, also he’s a year older, given his massive frame his drop off was always going to be significant, basically playing him wide means your always going to suffer defending fast transitions. 

I think everyone on here realises that he has limitations, when he’s not covered by a physical LCM his lack of pace and agility can be exploited as we’ve seen. 

Hes another player we have that people tend to focus on the negatives of far to much again though imo, you mention his frame being a detriment to his longevity which is fair. But his height is actually also a big reason why he fits in so well when dropping into a back 3 when we go forward, it means we are generally defensively covered aerially down that side if needed in quick transitions.. and with Joelinton in front of him that left side is defensively solid all round. No balls over the top, no through balls. 

I’d be surprised if he’s not our starting LB next season, obviously in an ideal un restricted FFP world the position could be seen as upgradable and no doubt he’d be replaced.

Edited by Nine