Dan Burn

Rich

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd say it's more "bringing in Livramento for Burn won't solve as much as some people seem to think it will" 

For one, regardless of who's there, our midfield is still open and leaves our defence exposed. 

The midfield for me is the issue and I’m glad willock is back personally. Can’t wait until Anderson or others are back.

The difference being lower half Premier League teams target Burn as the weak link and have success in doing so, with both Semenyo and Ogbene running rings around him.

Livramento was thrown in against Arsenal who battered us in every area of the pitch.

I don’t think Livramento is the answer at left back long term, that should have been sorted last summer when the club failed to adequately recruit for the position.

He should be first choice for the rest of the season though.

Guest reefatoon
32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd say it's more "bringing in Livramento for Burn won't solve as much as some people seem to think it will" 

For one, regardless of who's there, our midfield is still open and leaves our defence exposed. 

Totally right. We get so many reactionary posts on here. Get Burn out, all will be fine. Put a holding midfielder in, all will be fine. There is so much more to it than just swapping or moving a player.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Let the gaslighting begin :lol:

If you need a gas lighter - Burns height is perfect for the job.

Edit - not going to delete but I think I mean a lamplighter.

Edited by Gawalls

9 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Either quote someone claiming everything would be fine after swapping Burn out, or stop making shit up.

I mean those blaming Burn for absolutely everything obviously weren't banking on the lad replacing him being directly responsible for 2 goals, and Burn coming on and grabbing a fantastic assist :lol:

It was almost a biblical lesson, a moral example you'd see in a school play or something.

I wouldn't expect Livramento to take much blame, or him to not still be replacing Burn going forwards, but the stick the latter was getting was shamefull.

13 hours ago, worthy said:

Wrong game to use as an example - Cause Botman and Schar + our dogshit midfield has given the goals. Oh and two of them is on Karius.

Which two were on Karius?

Did well for the goal, but was the cause of the one he cleared off the line with a very poor bit of play in the lead up to it, so I'd be hesitant to give him credit for that particular incident. 

I thought Tino was okay last night, should've done better for Saka's goal, but I thought our other three defenders were worse than him both on the ball and off it. 

I'd prefer to see Livramento start going forward as I think he can offer more in general, especially against weaker teams where we have more control and need to offer a more dynamic threat going forward. One assist doesn't really change the fact that Burn has often been very limited going the other way, that cross last night was an anomaly. 

21 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

If you need a gas lighter - Burns height is perfect for the job.

Edit - not going to delete but I think I mean a lamplighter.

Puts me in mind of the greatest movie title of all time …

IMG_7584.jpeg.ecbe546db82f9760cca23f6d8ee31e7c.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean those blaming Burn for absolutely everything obviously weren't banking on the lad replacing him being directly responsible for 2 goals, and Burn coming on and grabbing a fantastic assist :lol:

It was almost a biblical lesson, a moral example you'd see in a school play or something.

I wouldn't expect Livramento to take much blame, or him to not still be replacing Burn going forwards, but the stick the latter was getting was shamefull.

I'd have Livramento down as being responsible for Saka's goal (arguably should still have been blocked like and came from Botman's poor error initially), which other one would you say he was to blame for? The first OG was definitely Botman's error, completely missed his initial clearance. Second goal is Botman/Trippier not being switched on. Fourth is Miley turning his back on the cross and poor reactions from Karius. 

42 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd have Livramento down as being responsible for Saka's goal (arguably should still have been blocked like and came from Botman's poor error initially), which other one would you say he was to blame for? The first OG was definitely Botman's error, completely missed his initial clearance. Second goal is Botman/Trippier not being switched on. Fourth is Miley turning his back on the cross and poor reactions from Karius. 

The first, it was bad luck but he could have dealt with it better and hoofed it - we're judging him on Dan Burn Rules here. I wouldn't even blame him for any though personally, even the Saka one. All of our defenders have had a torrid time the past few months.

EDIT: Actually here we go, re Burn...

"but was the cause of the one he cleared off the line with a very poor bit of play in the lead up to it, so I'd be hesitant to give him credit for that particular incident."

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The first, it was bad luck but he could have dealt with it better and hoofed it - we're judging him on Dan Burn Rules here. I wouldn't even blame him for any though personally, even the Saka one. All of our defenders have had a torrid time the past few months.

EDIT: Actually here we go, re Burn...

"but was the cause of the one he cleared off the line with a very poor bit of play in the lead up to it, so I'd be hesitant to give him credit for that particular incident."

The point re: Burn was in reference to the posts above praising him for the clearance.

There's a weird situation formed where you're unable to criticise Burn without it being framed as a pile-on. He's been one of our poorer players recently, it's acceptable to call him out on errors and he did make another one yesterday in the build up to that incident. 

He also did well for the goal yesterday, as I pointed out, which you decided to omit from your quote. His general performance when coming on was as mixed as every other player, and definitely not enough to make me feel all that differently about the left back situation.

Edit: also, RE the first goal, Livramento did try to clear it? Botman's leg rises after his initial whiffed clearance and his knee blocks the ball. It's 100% Sven's error. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Again a strawman argument. I dont think many people looked at our games lately thought replacing Burn would fix everything. It was just the most glaring problem along with the midfield, but unlike in the midfield we had a possible replacement in Livramento.

Dont remember Livra being at fault for 2 goals, he no doubt got outdone one time when left alone against the most inform player in the league. 

Great assist by Burn, but lets not act like we have the second coming on David Beckham on our hand. He hit the ball into the box without looking.

17 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Again a strawman argument. I dont think many people looked at our games lately thought replacing Burn would fix everything. It was just the most glaring problem along with the midfield, but unlike in the midfield we had a possible replacement in Livramento.

Dont remember Livra being at fault for 2 goals, he no doubt got outdone one time when left alone against the most inform player in the league. 

Great assist by Burn, but lets not act like we have the second coming on David Beckham on our hand. He hit the ball into the box without looking.

Trademark of a cracking fullback.

7 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

The difference being lower half Premier League teams target Burn as the weak link and have success in doing so, with both Semenyo and Ogbene running rings around him.

Semenyo absolutely didn’t run rings around Burn.

10 hours ago, Andy said:

The point re: Burn was in reference to the posts above praising him for the clearance.

There's a weird situation formed where you're unable to criticise Burn without it being framed as a pile-on. He's been one of our poorer players recently, it's acceptable to call him out on errors and he did make another one yesterday in the build up to that incident. 

He also did well for the goal yesterday, as I pointed out, which you decided to omit from your quote. His general performance when coming on was as mixed as every other player, and definitely not enough to make me feel all that differently about the left back situation.

Edit: also, RE the first goal, Livramento did try to clear it? Botman's leg rises after his initial whiffed clearance and his knee blocks the ball. It's 100% Sven's error. 

Burn has done OK.  Our worst defender by far at this moment in time is Botman.  He was awful yesterday.

He wasn't the worst on the pitch tonight but I was fed up of him receiving the ball holding it thinking and thinking and thinking then just playing it backwards. When he did pass forward it was so slow the decision the advanced player had someone right up their arse and they lost the ball. 

Edited by nufcjmc

7 hours ago, Big Jow said:

I’ve never known a player to be unable to direct a header, particularly a professional player. The ball hits his head and it can literally go anywhere.

Proper 50 pence piece heed. Was frustrating the life out of me. He’s got the best heading advantage known to man being the footballing equivalent of the BFG but launching the ball at him is like one of those cricket catching practice machines that fires the ball off on different angles.