Dan Burn

Rich

Eddie has turned our players, into top class players with confidence, Dan Burns goal last night was what dreams are made of ........a Newcastle supporter scoring Infront of the Gallowgate End!

Really proud of all the lads, players backroom staff, the owners, the whole lot of them, nothings more infectious than a Smile and Eddie has got us all smiling from ear to ear!

Tale from the dark ages..........sometime in the 80s, I'd been out on the piss, Friday night and were playing Shrewsbury Town away the next day on the Saturday, just got home and someone's braying on the front, it's the lads saying howay were going to Shrewsbury.....

We hitch hiked down, took a while, 5 drunken Geordies thumbing a lift wasn't the best idea were ever had..........people didn't seem keen on stopping for some reason!

Got to Shrewsbury and we were absolutely hacky, found a cafe and the best thing about the bacon pieces was the grease cleaned our hands..

Got the ground early just in time for the Newcastle bus to arrive, players were nice enough, nodded and smiled.......

Our trainer, bucket and sponge fella was the old Man U coach, Tommy Cavanah, he'd been with Tommy Doc for donkeys' years afore he joined us.........anyhow... dippy bollocks here said to Tommy as he made his way into the ground. "How Tommy we gonna win the day?". he said.........."How the fuck would I know!

We'd hitch hiked god knows how many miles to follow the Toon and the Man U cunt, couldn't have given a fuck for the supporters.

Eddies boys aren't like that, they appreciate the supporters, God Bless him and everyone involved in Newcastle United FC

One last thing, Tommy Cavanah wasn't a lone duck, many many more disrespected the support, Malcolm Macdonald wa one of my first favourite players, after he got selt to Arsenal he said in a media interview he disliked be called "SuperMac" by the Newcastle fans........ungrateful fucker!

There was one fella however, someone who, if Eddie Howe reaches the esteemed hights of adoration this legend reached, Eddie will become a Newcastle Legend.........

his name ........KEVIN KEEGAN!

So happy for him, more than anything else, watching the highlights back and the roar he got when his name was announced.

His dance reminded me of Bateman's little wiggle to 'Hip to be Square' in American Psycho

13 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

What was the score?

Think it was ones each........

Funny game that Shrewsbury away game, strange strange day.......

It was also the same day I met a Cockney Mag, no one's gonna believe this story but this is the gods honest truth, on my life........pinky swear!

The Cockney Mag lived in the Earls Court area, in that there London........

He telt me a story about supporting Newcastle and travelling from Kings Cross and Newcastle fans being ambushed by Chelsea at the train station, he said he'd been hurt badly in the past from a Chelsea ambush........".bare in my I'm talking mid 80s here"

He lifted his shirt up and showed me two knife scars that ran the length of his back!

Here's the kicka........"The Cockny Mag who followed Newcastle far and wide was BLIND! .........i'm not talking hard of sight, there was only the whites of his eyes showing, he was completely Blind.

Naturally I asked him ,why does a Blind Londoner follower the Toon, he said for the atmosphere and excitement he felt from the Newcastle support!

To tell the truth, meeting the lad was a very humbling experience.

Anyone wanna hear the story  about driving to a Millwall game with a one legged lad in the boot because his one foot stunk to high heaven,..........once again it's the gods loving truth!

I absolutely loved following the lads around the country, football was shit but the memories will live with me forever.........:Howay the Lads!"