Dan Burn

Rich

Someone put in the Wilson thread recently that him playing lower down the leagues means he enjoys or at least can handle the physical side of the game, like the defenders up his back when he's got his back to goal, and the niggles. Wonder if this goes against Burn sometimes because while he's been excellent, he is a ticking timebomb when it comes to giving away silly penalties. Think both yesterday and Arsenal were pens.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

As someone said other day, either he's very lucky or he's got the art of this down to a tee. I'd certainly rather he stopped, but he probably needs it.

As much as I love the guy, we’ve been very lucky that he hasn’t cost us recently 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

As much as I love the guy, we’ve been very lucky that he hasn’t cost us recently 

His one weakness is against speed and a turn of pace and you feel it’ll catch him out eventually even with good positional sense 

18 hours ago, huss9 said:

got to stop his habit of grabbing and shirt tugging, would have been a red card had the ref given the pel.

could have been a pel at arsenal too.

I was convinced play was getting pulled back for that so they could check var. 

Thought that's what the pel was for until I seen the replay on the lasses phone in front of me. 

On 16/01/2023 at 19:33, Wilson said:

I was convinced play was getting pulled back for that so they could check var. 

Thought that's what the pel was for until I seen the replay on the lasses phone in front of me. 

fuck the pel, how the hell did she get network reception inside the stadium?

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

fuck the pel, how the hell did she get network reception inside the stadium?

:lol:You nah what.... the lad next to me sits happily ringing/messaging people at half time, she sits streaming replays while I'm sat there unable to put a fuckin bet on 365 or get on here. 

It's a source of misery for me every game. 

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

:lol:You nah what.... the lad next to me sits happily ringing/messaging people at half time, she sits streaming replays while I'm sat there unable to put a fuckin bet on 365 or get on here. 

It's a source of misery for me every game. 

[emoji38]

it really does need sortting, mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Best guess is it's his Leicester goal? Probably just trying to drive Geordie engagement after us not needing to get too involved in these votes for the past decade...

Seeing as the writing is well and truly on the wall about our ascent, the establishment and sponsors will want to recraft the narrative so that their history shows us naturally emerging as a top club rather than gatecrashing the fenced off 6 six.