Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

It was a no brainer to sign him for 12m, it was a bit stupid to give him 100k a week on a 5 year deal.

£100k does seem a little excessive I must admit :lol:

1 minute ago, midds said:

£100k does seem a little excessive I must admit :lol:

Not sure if its already posted but Lloyd Kelly is apparently on £150k

Just now, TRC said:

That seems excessive too but with Kelly there was always an expectation that the salary would be much higher because of the lack of a big fee. It's why players wind their contracts down after all, but we all know this. At least it's not £150k on top of a hefty fee

2 hours ago, TRC said:

So he's our second highest earner? A backup player? Right.

2 hours ago, TRC said:

It was a no brainer to sign him for 12m, it was a bit stupid to give him 100k a week on a 5 year deal.

He does not earn 100k a week

I don’t know how many times this needs to be said

2 hours ago, TRC said:

Also not true. 

If you say your source is Capology you deserved to be banned (just kidding)

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Also not true. 

If you say your source is Capology you deserved to be banned (just kidding)

Spotrac

On 09/08/2024 at 19:50, Fezzle said:

Almost as though its not true.....

Just wonder what’s the basis or source that you can confirm those are not true? Say is there a better source of info that shows Targetts real salary?

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Just wonder what’s the basis or source that you can confirm those are not true? Say is there a better source of info that shows Targetts real salary?

So if I create a website and pretend I know footballers salaries you will believe it until my 'shinfo' is disproven?

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So if I create a website and pretend I know footballers salaries you will believe it until my 'shinfo' is disproven?

yea do it, if that’s worth your time and effort.

Think this lad gets a lot of unfair stick. (Not on here as much mainly on the cesspit that has been ruined by Elon)

He was fantastic when he came here on loan, and making the move permanently was a solid addition to the squad and fully justified.

He's had an unlucky time with injuries but if he gets back to his form he had with us at the start then he's a real solid LB. The amount of time he stopped wingers with a dead block tackle was crazy.

He may be on high wages but he was never going to accept 40/50k a week with us. And at the time we really needed to strengthen that position of the team.

Seems a good bloke and even though we've improved massively as a squad since he arrived here, he's a vital part of the squad in that he's at worst a very good squad player. Someone we can use in cup games,bring on late in games to shore up the defense etc.

Will also never forget his part he played in THAT Bruno goal v Leicester.

Really hope he finds his form again as if so, him and Hall at LB really makes that area of the team solid.

I can see him leaving on a loan to buy to a mid/lower table Premier League team.  He was great on loan and buying him made sense but he was only ever a transitional player (in terms of his quality) for us and I think the squad has moved past him now. It just a shame that for so much of the time that he would have been useful to us he has been injured.

37 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The reason so many want to believe it is because it's bad news. Too many on here are junkies for anything negative about the club. That same site had him on £35k at villa, no sane club signs an unwanted player for treble his previous salary ffs