Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Feel a bit sad that this is how Roy's probably going out of the game. He got a fantastic send-off at Palace which was the least he deserved. Would like to see him as a regular in studios after this cos I think he's got a lot of wisdom and always quite enjoy listening to him; seems an extremely humble and professional bloke. 

Turns out he was unwell pre-game (dunno if it was mentioned):

Lewington explained: "He's unwell, he was unwell last night in the hotel. Very unusual for him, we came in together and he told me, 'I'm feeling quite bad. At the moment.' So the doctor saw him and I think really, he just needed a rest. You know, I'm absolutely sure he'll be there tomorrow. But he just needed a rest.

"They don't quite know what's wrong with him. But he's seeing a couple of people this afternoon. But, you know, I don't think it's anything serious, but you know, he just felt genuinely unwell."

Guest HTT II

Woy has been one of our better managers and has had a great career and seems a top bloke, what he’s achieved can’t be denied. He should have remained retired, however!

22 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Turns out he was unwell pre-game (dunno if it was mentioned):

Lewington explained: "He's unwell, he was unwell last night in the hotel. Very unusual for him, we came in together and he told me, 'I'm feeling quite bad. At the moment.' So the doctor saw him and I think really, he just needed a rest. You know, I'm absolutely sure he'll be there tomorrow. But he just needed a rest.

"They don't quite know what's wrong with him. But he's seeing a couple of people this afternoon. But, you know, I don't think it's anything serious, but you know, he just felt genuinely unwell."

Hopefully its nothing too serious, probably should have missed the match as loads of Watford fans were kicking off with him that he didn't make any substitutions at all. 

Definitely agree with your other post that he should've stayed retired after Palace as was a good way to end but guess he just loves it too much. Would definitely add value as a pundit 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Will be class later on when Chelsea score and Lamps has shit running down his legs

Or, momentarily, jumps up to celebrate before remembering which dugout he's in

Edited by Groundhog63

Cant wait to get extremely pissed off watching 2 hours of that rat Anthony Gordon diving all over the pitch and rolling around like he's been shot and Richarlison holding his face and feigning injury every 10 minutes whenever there is contact

15 hours ago, joeyt said:

If anyone wants some schadenfreude check out the Wolves thread. They despite their manager and Scott Sellars

https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/wolves-0-3-brighton-verdict-thread.37822/

They definitely aren’t as fluid as they were under Nuno. Then again, Jota and Traore were very good for them and haven’t been replaced. 

They’re 2 or 3 signing's away from being a constant 6-8th place team.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

They definitely aren’t as fluid as they were under Nuno. Then again, Jota and Traore were very good for them and haven’t been replaced. 

They’re 2 or 3 signing's away from being a constant 6-8th place team.

I actually think the opposite I think they need quite a few new signings

Moutinho won't be around forever, Jimenez has looked poor since his injury and there's plenty of rumours of Neves leaving. The Portuguese well seems to have dried up a bit. I think they could be in a bit of trouble next year if they have a poor summer transfer window

5 hours ago, Sima said:

Sad to see Sellars getting grief.  Absolute wand of a left foot.

Fancy saying they want rid of Shi [emoji38]

They'd literally be pissing about in the middle Champo without the investment he put in. Absolutely no indication whatsoever they were on the way up before he came in.