Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

It's actually quite strange watching these early matches. I'm 90% sure we will be much nearer to Everton points wise than we will be to Chelsea, and I would like to see an away win, but at the same time, a tiny part of me does think, what if Chelsea have a really poor season by their standards? Could we? It was kind of the same with Arsenal last night, probably more. Even watching the Liverpool game earlier, we'll obviously be nowhere near them, but it was great not being concerned about a newly promoted team picking up point(s).

Just pretty surreal really as it's been so long since we weren't one of the 5 or 6 main favourites to go down at the start of the season.

Edited by Paullow

Fwiw, and I'm aware there's a general Everton/Lampard dislike on here, I wouldn't judge our season by this game. We literally have no midfield (days away from being addressed) and both available strikers are out.

We will undoubtedly struggle but I wouldn't get too giddy about our demise simply from this game.

That said that was an awful watch and really if Chelsea are at it, it's a case of how many.

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Fwiw, and I'm aware there's a general Everton/Lampard dislike on here, I wouldn't judge our season by this game. We literally have no midfield (days away from being addressed) and both available strikers are out.

We will undoubtedly struggle but I wouldn't get too giddy about our demise simply from this game.

That said that was an awful watch and really if Chelsea are at it, it's a case of how many.

Boooooo, down with this rational sort of thinking!!!

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Boooooo, down with this rational sort of thinking!!!

For the haters, there is every chance we get bent over 2nd half and Lampard will do a cry.

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

Drop Lampard and your chances will improve.

Chelsea look ordinary. They're really going to need a striker in the middle to get on the end of crosses from their wing backs. Osimhen would be scary in their team.

Everton look decent. Play with a lot of energy and have decent speed and athleticism in their team. They will give fellow mid table teams and lower table teams problems.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Chelsea look ordinary. They're really going to need a striker in the middle to get on the end of crosses from their wing backs. Osimhen would be scary in their team.

Everton look decent. Play with a lot of energy and have decent speed and athleticism in their team. They will give fellow mid table teams and lower table teams problems.

Last season they were very good at home, especially in the final part of the season. However, they were appalling away from home. Will be interesting to see if the trend continues