Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He was always good enough. This manager has just got him in great shape and set the team up to get the best of him.

It shouldn't really be up to a manager to get a player in great shape

Just now, Cf said:

What was the justification behind this 5 subs nonsense again?

Pretty much every other nation kept it after the COVID break, so it puts us in line with them. Also keeps players fresher with the World Cup in the middle of the season.

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

It shouldn't really be up to a manager to get a player in great shape

Bruce had our whole team in terrible shape man :lol:

I get the sentiment, but that's part of the managers remit, to coax that out of certain players that might not be as responsive initially, or to get more out of them in that regard.

2 minutes ago, Cf said:

What was the justification behind this 5 subs nonsense again?

Isn't it because of congestion of the Euro and WC, plus off back of disrupted covid season and to allow more players to be less injured as they can make more changes? - I've assumed that but might have read it.

It introduces a real technical opportunity now though. You can tell 3 players to go hell at it for 60 mins and replace them, and still have two spare for injuries or whatever.

Edited by hakka

7 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I don't think he had the consistency or reliability.  The talent has always been there.

He was for Serbia though. Just don't think the situation was ideal for him at club level.

2 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I see Nunez is the next player everyone is determined to hate, as he racks up goals and assists. :lol:

Not sure I've ever seen a player that people are so desperate for him to be shite :lol:

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Helps that they’re often starting the counter from within their opponent’s half, too. 

Eh? That started just over the Fulham half, no? Happened so quick, I didn’t notice.

Just now, The Bonk said:

Eh? That started just over the Fulham half, no? Happened so quick, I didn’t notice.

I just meant in general. I didn’t catch where that last counter for the goal had started.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Liverpool are ridiculously good on the counter.

I agree, which is why they always look so much more dangerous with a striker that looks to get forward playing up front.