Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, Rich said:

Look at Colback’s reaction :lol:

If he didn’t touch him he’s fuming and would rightly be all over him for diving. He knew he touched him.

Surely the fact that we’re even debating it means that it’s not a clear and obvious error on the refs part. I’ve watched it 10 times now and I still can’t decide for sure whether it was or wasn’t.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Surely the fact that we’re even debating it means that it’s not a clear and obvious error on the refs part. I’ve watched it 10 times now and I still can’t decide for sure whether it was or wasn’t.

Eye test marra. I’m serious.

It's a penalty. The other one is too, I have no idea what's going on.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m sure they only review decisions when players make a massive fuss out of them.

Feel like we started getting things when we sicced Joe on the ref after things.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah but unfortunately some people won’t see it as a debate, they’ll just think they’re right and you’re wrong.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Correct. It may have been a penalty. It may not have. Even if there was some contact, it may not have been significant enough. Contact doesn’t equal foul. It absolutely isn’t obviously a penalty and a sign you need your eyes testing if you don’t agree. [emoji38]

Whatever you think of VAR, it did it’s job correctly here. 

Edited by St. Maximin

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah but unfortunately some people won’t see it as a debate, they’ll just think they’re right and you’re wrong.

Well it really shouldn't be a debate if it's between people with at least 3 eyes combined between them.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Correct. It may have been a penalty. It may not have. Even if there was some contact, it may not have been significant enough. Contact doesn’t equal foul. It absolutely isn’t obviously a penalty and a sign you need your eyes testing if you don’t agree. [emoji38]

If there's any contact all in that instance it should be a pen as Colback is nowehere near the ball

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Eye test marra. I’m serious.

Haha. I agree from one angle it looks like contact, but the other 2 angles don’t. And to me it looks like the Hudds player massively overemphasises the flick back of his leg.

As Mike said before, perhaps it’s BOTH a penalty and a dive 😄

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Correct. It may have been a penalty. It may not have. Even if there was some contact, it may not have been significant enough. Contact doesn’t equal foul. It absolutely isn’t obviously a penalty and a sigh you need your eyes testing if you don’t agree. [emoji38]

I honestly think when using var that if they can’t decide within seconds then referees decision stands

Just now, The Prophet said:

Surely the fact he books him for diving, despite there being contact, makes it a clear and obvious error though?

He does dive though? And it’s debatable whether there is actually any significant contact at all.

He does dive though? And it’s debatable whether there is actually any significant contact at all.

It's theatrical, but it's still a foul. As Mike said, it's a dive but it's still a penalty.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I honestly think when using var that if they can’t decide within seconds then referees decision stands

Referees are leaving it to VAR to make decisions in a lot of cases though

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Referee's original decision shouldn't have any standing, there's a reason why VAR was created.

He made the most of it but I don't think he could've stayed on his feet, contact or not.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It's theatrical, but it's still a foul. As Mike said, it's a dive but it's still a penalty.

I don’t know. I’ve watched it another few times and I still can’t decide. It still looks to me like he flicks his leg back BEFORE any contact is made.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I liked the thought of Forest being in the Prem. But after seeing their manager...I don't think I could handle seeing his glib expression week in, week out :lol: He looks like his 2nd cowie is kicking in.

You’d rather Huddersfield shoving 9 men behind the ball until they’re losing and diving all over?

We’ve just got rid of Burnley ffs

Edited by Gawalls

I don’t know. I’ve watched it another few times and I still can’t decide. It still looks to me like he flicks his leg back BEFORE any contact is made.

Why would he flick his right leg to his left leg? Why is Colback looking guilty as fuck and not going crazy at him for diving? :lol:

Edited by Pata