Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, neesy111 said:

Awful fans, the worst.

That's definitely part of it. I think for me it's mainly because they're the most successful team going in spite of having never played football that I really enjoy, despite having the best players going.

You have to admire the never say die attitude and the winning mentality that they've had forever, but I just really don't like them.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I see Pulisic is still absolutely dog shit. Chelsea lost everything as soon as Werner went off and he came on.

Really don't understand that sub. 

42 minutes ago, Flip said:

Thought Real looked better as soon as they made some changes. Kroos and Casemiro in midfield works against poorer teams, but against good teams they're too lethargic together. Valverde and Camavinga provides some more dynamic. And with Rodrygo they actually have a winger as well and some more width. 

Aye. Kroos legs have gone. They have to stop starting him.  

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Modric’s English is v. good considering he only lived here for 4 years a decade ago. Contrast that to Bale or Aguero. 

He’s still a 120 minute player. He could go on at the highest level for another 4 years if he wants. 

Yh and he also speaks fluent Spanish!

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Thought Real looked better as soon as they made some changes. Kroos and Casemiro in midfield works against poorer teams, but against good teams they're too lethargic together. Valverde and Camavinga provides some more dynamic. And with Rodrygo they actually have a winger as well and some more width. 

Camavinga was boss when he came on against PSG too. 

44 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Will people stop saying the champions league/ these big games are boring or shit now

Throws up classics every season 

It's been great in recent years as none of the top sides other than Atleti can really defend well. 

Combination of fullbacks becoming more and more attacking and there semmingly only being a handful of reliable CBs in world football has made for a much better spectacle. 

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I found last years competition terribly boring. 

Real Madrid were the most interesting thing about last season.  

chelsea vs City - what a terrible final. Oil money final.  

The covid season almost didn’t count. 

you’re right - last season sort of passed me by 

Was about to say Liverpool Athelico was great and then realised it was the last game before covid-

the final was ok to be honest 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Modric’s English is v. good considering he only lived here for 4 years a decade ago. Contrast that to Bale or Aguero. 

He’s still a 120 minute player. He could go on at the highest level for another 4 years if he wants. 

just to think it could have been with a geordie accent :rant: