Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

Don't think it looks like a kick out at all. Might be wrong, but the replay I saw it looks like he's standing up and Foden gets caught under. Either way, he should've been off and the right team is through.

Was totally a kick out, thought it straight away even before the replays - should’ve been a straight red.

Just now, Ikon said:

Melon head Savic and Felipe never involved I’d guess.

The only melon heads would be if any City players were involved and got themselves suspended now that they're through :lol: The other two have nothing to lose. 

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Without Atleti top level football is let's see which team with 5 attackers worth £80m each is better at playing football.

FUCK THAT

It's not like they're Wimbledon. They have a lot of quality which they've spent big money on. They don't need to resort to that shite.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Was totally a kick out, thought it straight away even before the replays - should’ve been a straight red.

Disagree. He makes the tackle and then turns that way to get the ball back as the ball had gone in that direction

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Seen two angles, one from behind and then one from the side. One looks like a kick out the other looks nothing like it. 

4 minutes ago, triggs said:

Without Atleti top level football is let's see which team with 5 attackers worth £80m each is better at playing football.

FUCK THAT

They have Felix, Griezmann, Suarez, Correa and Cunha tbh but you still have a point, they are unique.

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Disagree. He makes the tackle and then turns that way to get the ball back as the ball had gone in that direction

I mean, I've seen two angles, but the one where you actually see it all from the side I'd tend to agree with you. 

Guest neesy111

Only he knows if it was deliberate or not. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Flip said:

I mean, I've seen two angles, but the one where you actually see it all from the side I'd tend to agree with you. 

It happens so quick, so can see why it might not been deliberate.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

It's not like they're Wimbledon. They have a lot of quality which they've spent big money on. They don't need to resort to that shite.

They do really. Understand they've spent a lot of money but not compared to the teams they are competing with at the highest level. There's a reason they consistently come back at a similar level each year while other underdog teams just fade away

Guest neesy111

They do really. Understand they've spent a lot of money but not compared to the teams they are competing with at the highest level. There's a reason they consistently come back at a similar level each year while other underdog teams just fade away

Defensively they are not good when they've tried to open up as CB options are poor.

13 minutes ago, triggs said:

If Atletico played like Man City have in the last 10 minutes BT would be proclaiming the death of the game

They played like that for the entire 170 minutes before the final 10 like :lol:  It took them 120 minutes to register one single shot on goal ffs.

Atletico getting upset at being beaten by their own game is hilarious, imo. 

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Felipe should have been sent off first half fwiw

Ref let them get away with it

Was always gonna end that way

Fair play to citeh playing then at their own game at the end

Aye ref gave them the licence in the first 10 mins or so, set the scene for it to go down the pan in the last 10

Injured players rolling back on the pitch to waste time should genuinely be a red card. One of the most laughably cynical things you can do in football. :lol: 

The beauty of football is the different ways of playing the game, tbh. Personally, I find City much more boring than Atletico.