Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Nah, they have absolutely no chance if they try to outscore City over two legs. Atletico are good but City are just on another level. Simeone got his tactics 100% right

That doesn’t mean they have to be snidey and cunts, though.

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, Pata said:

Nah, they have absolutely no chance if they try to outscore City over two legs. Atletico are good but City are just on another level. Simeone got his tactics 100% right

It's like people have not watched over last few season's to what's successful or not. 

Their back line is quite poor, hence midfield needing to sit deep.  Find it weird they haven't spent more on CBs.

Edited by neesy111

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Nothing like the same. When did Rafa try shithousery to that extent?

What shithousery?

The game was pretty calm until the 88th minute when Foden rolled back onto the pitch to stop the game from continuing after a "horror challenge". Then Mahrez got booked for time wasting and Ederson went down on 2 separate occasions with a fake injury. 

Simeone's Atleti are the epitome of when commentators and pundits go on about 'scenes you don't like to see' that everyone actually loves seeing. Horrible to play against certainly, but away from the at times OTT shithousery I really admire the way they defend. So well drilled and organised. Their fans love it.

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

It's the same principle like. Rafa/Simeone thought it was the best way of getting something out of the game

I don't think Atletico even played like that anyway tbh, they just missed all of their chances then lost their shit in the last 5 minutes of normal time.

Rafa had 11 men behind the ball and completely gave up possession.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Guest neesy111
Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think Atletico even played like that anyway tbh, they just missed all of their chances then lost their shit in the last 5 minutes of normal time.

It didn't benefit them to cause chaos etc like that.  Yes if they were 1-0 up but not when they had city under pressure 1-0 down.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Rafa had 11 men behind the ball and completely gave up possession.

They did in the first leg tbf

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Simeone's Atleti are the epitome of when commentators and pundits go on about 'scenes you don't like to see' that everyone actually loves seeing. Horrible to play against certainly, but away from the at times OTT shithousery I really admire the way they defend. So well drilled and organised. Their fans love it.

They have an identity, missing from nufc under Mike Ashley.

7 minutes ago, Flip said:

Tbf Foden did exactly what any Atl Madrid player would do. I agree in a way that it's boring, but there's also a charm to it for me. Making that clock tick is an art. 

I definitely agree, the nonsense that would have taken place if Atletico had the one goal is unimaginable, but for some reason that particular brand of time-wasting just really angers me. :lol: If you roll back to the pitch just to writhe in false pain, someone should actually inflict some for you. 

Guest neesy111
24 minutes ago, Flip said:

Tbf Foden did exactly what any Atl Madrid player would do. I agree in a way that it's boring, but there's also a charm to it for me. Making that clock tick is an art. 

Of course.

See in the UK media, if an English team does it then it's ignored, but foreign team does it then it's killing the game etc.

19 minutes ago, Pata said:

100% :lol:

Who they playing in the next round then? :pardsgrin:

12 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

100% :lol:

Who they playing in the next round then? :pardsgrin:

City were massive favourites to qualify but Atletico were in it until the last kick and had more xG in this leg. 

Edited by Pata

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Regarding the game, city missed having a genuine striker available to them 2nd half 

agree. get away with it against decent teams, but it causes a problem against the top top teams like atleti and liverpool.