Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

xG is the Woulda Coulda Shoulda of football man. Completely irrelevant. 

Praise Pardew for the 5th and Bruce kept us up comfortably and deservedly for a couple of seasons, right?

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Who said that?

Using xG as some sort of argument on nights like tonight just makes people look daft. 

So use your eyes instead. They'll tell you the same thing. A massive underdog in the tie rattled the tournament favourites and could have equalised with the last kick

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Who said that?

Using xG as some sort of argument on nights like tonight just makes people look daft. 

Why was today different to any other night? :lol:

The current Atleti defence is one of the worst they've had under Simeone. To be able to limit City to one goal over two legs was impressive. Was fairly obvious they were just trying to put themselves in a position where they could either knick something from a counter or set piece or just go for it in the 2nd half at the return leg at home. Was pretty close to working as well. 

The stuff about it being 'anti football' is rubbish, they had some great sequences playing it out from the back against a really well organised high pressing side. They are all mostly very good technical players. 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

The current Atleti defence is one of the worst they've had under Simeone. To be able to limit City to one goal over two legs was impressive. Was fairly obvious they were just trying to put themselves in a position where they could either knick something from a counter or set piece or just go for it in the 2nd half at the return leg at home. Was pretty close to working as well. 

The stuff about it being 'anti football' is rubbish, they had some great sequences playing it out from the back against a really well organised high pressing side. They are all mostly very good technical players. 

It's like no one watched them in la Liga earlier this season.

Atleti's defence has been shite this season. Simeone has tried to have them be more progressive and they were caught between styles. They went back to basics at Old Trafford and again in both legs v City and looked much better for it.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

It's like no one watched them in la Liga earlier this season.

I’ve always thought those jibes about Atleti being boring to watch completely untrue. It’s fair to say they can be defensive minded, but as previously mentioned their players are always so technically gifted they’re still enjoyable to watch. They’ve had some lovely players over the years. Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Koke, Saul, Griezzemann, Felix etc.

Edited by Rafalove

What's up with Liverpool getting to play shit teams all the way to the final every year? Annoying. 

(Disclaimer: It's possible this might just be a feeling and not reflect the real world) 

12 hours ago, triggs said:

Man City are the ones bankrolled by a country and have a manager who failed a drug test as a player.

Who is really cheating?

how does Pep taking nandrolone as a player have anything to do with him as manager? Did you forget the time Simeone threw himself to the ground to get Beckham sent off in 98? I’m certain both did a bunch of shit as players that is completely irrelevant to their managerial careers. Now if they cheat as managers, bring that up. 

:lol: Always outraged Triggs. Gotta hand it to you. 

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Didn't watched either game but I have viewed that Felipe/Foden "clash" 

Fwiw I'd have sent Foden off 1st. Clearly tried to stamp/land on Felipe's leg. Could've snapped it. 

You what? :lol: 

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Didn't watched either game but I have viewed that Felipe/Foden "clash" 

Fwiw I'd have sent Foden off 1st. Clearly tried to stamp/land on Felipe's leg. Could've snapped it. 

Hey I'm not the only one to have thought that.

1 minute ago, madras said:

In real time it's the way he brings his foot down, not where.

Real time is around 0.12 seconds though, not a chance he can do anything but land how/where he does. At that pace there's no way anyone can deliberately reposition their feet in mid air to attempt anything. 

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Real time is around 0.12 seconds though, not a chance he can do anything but land how/where he does. At that pace there's no way anyone can deliberately reposition their feet in mid air to attempt anything. 

Yeah you can. Done it myself several times and certainly had it done to me.