Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

13 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

Every single week man, unbeaten in 9 and heading into the play offs with some real momentum now annoyingly, think this will be the year they go up

Just me completely okay with this now? I’m even looking forward to watching them toil in the Championship. The trajectories of both clubs are just so far removed from the other now. 

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Just me completely okay with this now? I’m even looking forward to watching them toil in the Championship. The trajectories of both clubs are just so far removed from the other now. 

If by 'completely okay' you mean 'couldn't give a shit anymore' then yeah.

It was nice to see them running through the proverbial mud as they struggled to get out of League One. But let's be honest, even if they go up this season, by the time we're in the same league again, if they're considered any kind of threat that means we've got way more problems in-house.

Would have liked to have seen them struggle in that league a few more years, especially with Derby down there and looking like they might have their house in order, but they were always going to get back up eventually. The toil & struggle has been brilliant to watch though.

I'd only have been bothered they were going up if we were in real danger of going down or still stuck with Ashley. 

As it is, whatever they do in the 2nd tier (still a real possibility they won't go up), will be nothing in comparison to what we can/will achieve. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, r0cafella said:

Something doesn’t add up with Brighton, they have all of these “great” players and a supposed good manager but they are only just above us and we had 3 months of Bruce. 

They have decent players, no-one outstanding and lack a goalscorer, they are an eye candy side.

Guest HTT II
Just now, r0cafella said:

Lamptey, cuccurela and bissouma are all touted for massive money like. 

They have been aye, but they are not outstanding players, they are just above average with more potential. The rest are bang average. They are a mid-table team. If we had a fully fit 11, we’d be them under Howe.

31 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Something doesn’t add up with Brighton, they have all of these “great” players and a supposed good manager but they are only just above us and we had 3 months of Bruce. 

They have a couple really good players but they're a minority in a team of mostly average to poor players. Lamptey will be amazing, especially in a team who can finish which isnt Brighton. Like HTT said their good players are Lamptey, Bissouma and Cucurella and Sanchez. None of them are going to win Brighton games, though. 

Welbeck, Maupay, Gross, MacAllister, Lallana, March, Trossard etc etc are why Brighton dont perform well in the league. Their team is largely shite and they do over perform.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

They a couple really good players but they're a minority in a team of mostly average to poor players. Lamptey will be amazing, especially in a team who can finish which isnt Brighton. Like HTT said their good players are Lamptey, Bissouma and Cucurella and Sanchez. None of them are going to win Brighton games, though. 

Welbeck, Maupay, Gross, MacAllister, Lallana, March, Trossard etc etc are why Brighton dont perform well in the league.

I don’t watch them enough to know but are the rest that bad? I thought we were linked with Trossard this week and people were generally excited?

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Trossard isnt particularly good, it would be extremely underwhelming imo. But we dont have particularly good players either I suppose.

For me he is another average player and we have plenty of them in Shelvey and Fraser for example. We need to be signing players who are above average with further potential to push those players like Shelvey and Fraser into squad places (and eventually out of the club) and sign some top-class players to compliment that. Then we can really progress up the league.